The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 - 15th June, 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sgill23
where's the jan 16 paper?

check the last page
Original post by Exavior
Are you taking this exam and if you are are you feeling confident! 😄

yh i am, ive just accepted the fact that ill probably have to resit it next year lol
Original post by Exavior
Page 14

thanks, what are the grade boundaries for it? or like an approximation of boundaries?
Original post by sgill23
thanks, what are the grade boundaries for it? or like an approximation of boundaries?

also on the previous page :P
Reply 304
Does anyone know how you accurately determine the probability and Z values, like how do you get "in between" Z-values e.g. 1.578 instead 1.57 or 1.58?
Anyone have the jan 2016 ial paper?
I would like to know why the answer for 2f is 0.09375 instead of 0.140625.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willandy123
I would like to know why the answer for 2f is 0.09375 instead of 0.140625.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So for the student achieving a pass but not the merit we multiply by 1/2, not 3/4, because if we use 3/4 then the chance of that student achieving a merit still exists.
Original post by Elzar
So for the student achieving a pass but not the merit we multiply by 1/2, not 3/4, because if we use 3/4 then the chance of that student achieving a merit still exists.

Omg thank you so much, dayum didnt even realise that.
Can anyone plz clear this out
When for linear interpolation to find median do we have to take the lower boundry and upper boundry for the group?
Reply 310
Original post by SANTR
Does anyone know how you accurately determine the probability and Z values, like how do you get "in between" Z-values e.g. 1.578 instead 1.57 or 1.58?

Use interpolation
Original post by Willandy123
Omg thank you so much, dayum didnt even realise that.

Your welcome :smile:
Original post by Elzar

Why is it a half and not a quarter ? Sorry thisquestion annoyed me
Original post by physicsamor
Why is it a half and not a quarter ? Sorry thisquestion annoyed me

How do you get to P(pass but not merit) = 1/4?
Hi, if two events are independent, the product of the events would be equal to its intercept right?
Also, if two events are mutually exclusive, their intercept would equal 0 right?
Original post by amelienine
Hi, if two events are independent, the product of the events would be equal to its intercept right?
Also, if two events are mutually exclusive, their intercept would equal 0 right?

Yup.

Independent: P(A N B)=P(A) x P(B)
P(A|B)=P(A)

If mutually exclusive: P(A N B)= 0
Anyone know what should have been done on part g?

Spoiler

In June 2015 1(d) I am getting Q1 as 62! I don't know whats wrong! how do you get 9/15? My working is : 60+(21-15/21-6)*5. How it is possible to get 9 if u subtract 21-15??
Hey Guys! Quick question! When writing the class width for any continuous data, do I always use the class boundaries when calculating the width???? For example, in question 5 in the JUNE 2014 R paper, the class width of the boundary 2-4 minutes is 3, but I put it as 2 :P
Reply 319
Original post by pranto96
In June 2015 1(d) I am getting Q1 as 62! I don't know whats wrong! how do you get 9/15? My working is : 60+(21-15/21-6)*5. How it is possible to get 9 if u subtract 21-15??

this is the problem trying to use formulae mechanically. LQ is the clearly the 15th term. If there are 6 terms in the 55- 60 class interval we must need 9 more in the interval 60-65. There are 15 terms altogether in this interval so we want 9/15 along the interval which is at 63

Quick Reply

Latest