The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fabruttledge
Hate to counter argue but nominal is to do with independent groups... All inferential tests are independent groups except wilcoxon

Nope spearmans row is correlation lol so chi squared and man whitney u only indepdent but the DATA wasnt nominal.
Original post by fabruttledge
Hate to counter argue but nominal is to do with independent groups... All inferential tests are independent groups except wilcoxon

Independent - Mann Whitney
Repeated - Wilcoxon
Correlation - Spearman's rho
Nominal - Chi Squared

definetly was ordinal.
Guys for research methods, there was a question asking how you'd assess the internal something of the questionnaire from the study they gave you, did they ask about how you'd assess internal reliability or validity? I think I misread the q and thought it was internal reliability because I wrote about the split-half method!!
Original post by laurarowe
I left like 4/5 lines between each section, does anyone know if this will be okay, does the whole booklet get scanned?

I did that too :smile: they still mark it fine
Reply 5784
Do you think we will lose marks because of the 2 line thing???
Original post by bullseye1
Guys for research methods, there was a question asking how you'd assess the internal something of the questionnaire from the study they gave you, did they ask about how you'd assess internal reliability or validity? I think I misread the q and thought it was internal reliability because I wrote about the split-half method!!

Validity :smile: I messed that one up because I saw it but then forgot to answer it as I must have skipped it wahhhh

It asked for the definition of internal validity and reliability
Ok ur telling me it's ordinal but explain how cos I legit don't get it ur not justifying yourselves
For the questionnaire asking for checking internal validity I put split half method is that right
Reply 5789
I left like one line will mine not get marked properly???
Original post by Lularose83
Really don't feel that I've done enough to get the A*. Lol. This exam was a mess for me :frown: and now I have to pull myself together for chemistry f324 later on today. Medical school is overrated right? :frown:

For now just keep a positive mindset to keep yourself going. You can do this!!!

Damn, dont worry too much only a few marks, do you know about the fact that for depression it said outline and evaluate not outline and evaluate research and i did alot of a01 and a02 but only one study will this cap my mark or can i still get good marks for the essay?

lol thats wrong. you lost one mark. dont fret as long as you explained each one you would be fine. if you defined internal reliabilty you lost 2 marks. as long as it was correct for internal validity thats ok

For validity the testing was face validity/content validity/ concurrent validity right?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I barely looked at psychological explaations as it came up last year did one very vague study with lots of eval and fairly good A01 can i still get top marks if i havent included much research if any? As it was outline and evaluate not outline and evaluate RESEARCH? So will i be fine

yeah you can! in my mock i only did ao1 and then very brief IDA type research and still got a B. my teachers an examiner as well and apparently is a rly good marker
Reply 5794
The hardest question was the hypothesis question I was like ok so I now have anxiety.
For depression did anyone just write about one explanation, because it said "one or more"? I just wrote in depth about Beck's cognitive model including the cognitive triad, negative silent assumptions and faulty information processing. I didn't write anything about the psychodynamic theory because I didn't have time and I thought well it says you can write about only one so I'll just write about one explanation. Will I get partial performance for only writing about one? Concerned as many people I spoke to wrote about Beck's cognitive model and a bit about the psychodynamic theory!
Original post by adtr0706
Man the psychological explanations question was a middle finger to us

Thank god I read over that before I left, if it had been treatments it would have been all over

Thankfully media & research methods was pretty easy

I didn't even read over it :frown: Had to literally remember things from AS for that ugh, but wrote about Beck's Cognitive Triad and mentioned a little Freud in the end (by little I mean one sentence)
Original post by wickedisgood
heres a really good post from someone else earlier :smile:

didn't see this earlier but aww thanks!! even though it wasn't even needed in the end fml haha
For depression did anyone just write about one explanation, because it said "one or more"? I just wrote in depth about Beck's cognitive model including the cognitive triad, negative silent assumptions and faulty information processing. I didn't write anything about the psychodynamic theory because I didn't have time and I thought well it says you can write about only one so I'll just write about one explanation. Will I get partial performance for only writing about one? Concerned as many people I spoke to wrote about Beck's cognitive model and a bit about the psychodynamic theory!

one or more.

one is fine
Everyone's stressing over two line thing, hopefully it won't affect anything

Latest

Trending

Trending