The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5800
Will I loose marks for only putting one line. Howvever, I did indicate the number for the question. My writing also went horrible. Do you thinknill loose marks???
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Damn, dont worry too much only a few marks, do you know about the fact that for depression it said outline and evaluate not outline and evaluate research and i did alot of a01 and a02 but only one study will this cap my mark or can i still get good marks for the essay?

They mean the same thing, because when it says "evaluate" it means write about research that supports or challenges the theory you chose to write about! If you did a lot of a02 then this plus the study you included should get you good marks if you wrote well about it!
Original post by NHM
So pleased with how this exam went- if you listened to me you will have done well THE PAPER WAS TAKEN LAST YEAR QUESTIONS WILL BE REPEATED!! Bad luck the those who only revised predictions, but thank you for making the boundaries low 😇

lool this is acc me tho, AQA are snakes guys we should have all taken a lesson from gender schema theory in psya3😂 i was so happy with the schizophrenia question. it's all finished though, we did the best we could!!
Original post by TrojanH
one or more.

one is fine

Thanks!
Original post by bullseye1
For depression did anyone just write about one explanation, because it said "one or more"? I just wrote in depth about Beck's cognitive model including the cognitive triad, negative silent assumptions and faulty information processing. I didn't write anything about the psychodynamic theory because I didn't have time and I thought well it says you can write about only one so I'll just write about one explanation. Will I get partial performance for only writing about one? Concerned as many people I spoke to wrote about Beck's cognitive model and a bit about the psychodynamic theory!

I did seligmans learned helplessness aswell as becks
Reply 5805
What did people put for evolutionary explanations for media and pro-social apply question??
Original post by VanDarth
For now just keep a positive mindset to keep yourself going. You can do this!!!

Thank you! It's hard to stay positive sometimes haha. I hope the exam went well for you though :smile:
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I did seligmans learned helplessness aswell as becks

Well "evaluate" can mean any evaluation so not necessarily studies. If you wrote effectively about any kind of evaluation of the theory then you'll get marks, in the mark schemes there is never a set amount of studies you must include. You just need to make several valid evaluation point to get marks!
was it not chi-squared as the data was nominal ie experimental group or control group?? idk
Reply 5809
I hope I don't loose marks because of the two line thing
That was literally the best paper ever. Thank Jesus I revised biological for schizophrenia.

WOOOO
Original post by bullseye1
Well "evaluate" can mean any evaluation so not necessarily studies. If you wrote effectively about any kind of evaluation of the theory then you'll get marks, in the mark schemes there is never a set amount of studies you must include. You just need to make several valid evaluation point to get marks!

Thank god! I did do good a02 points and did a seligman study on dogs so hopefully its ok and i can atleast get top marks.
Anyone get Mann Whitney U as the statistical test?
The stat test was insignificant right?
Original post by Onica
I hope I don't loose marks because of the two line thing

what two line thing
What. The. ***k. Was. That. I'm. Gonna. Throw. Up. Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonymous98765

Nope significant
Original post by anonymous98765

Significant as T was less than Critical Value. Wilcoxon has no R in it therefore T must be less than. It also had "LESS THAN" underneath the table.
Original post by Vilthepill
Anyone get Mann Whitney U as the statistical test?

Yep
Original post by ellawhite4686
was it not chi-squared as the data was nominal ie experimental group or control group?? idk

Is the data the anxiety scores? Which would make it ordinal.
The groups would be independent measures

Latest

Trending

Trending