The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amelialily97
So i think the mark scheme might allow for mann whitney or spearman rho as long as both are well justified. I put mann whitney u, but from what i can remember about the stem i think spearman would be correct too.

But it was a test of difference, it was not correlational
Mucked up on a few questions in RM! Could not for my life think up an answer for the one tailed test and that graph...let's not talk about it! Apart from that very happy! 😊
Original post by Oiseaux
What did you guys put for the reason for the one tailed test thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because they used a directional hypothesis. Simple and kinda obvious so I was suspicious of writing that but I reckon it's right as others are saying they wrote that too.
Original post by rhiannaf
Oh god. We weren't taught ANY of that! I've never even heard of neophilla!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah you don't use that. That was for celeb worship. Gossip was a key answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrojanH
establish causation

manpiluate IV and see if it makes change on DV

eliminate EV/confounding e.g. persons temperence, would have stopped anxiety after weeks anyway

establish baseline for compariosn - analyse if there is a statistical significant

I didnt put that but i did put your last point surely the other 2 apply more to pilot study etc?
Original post by Kiranjotk
what did people put for why there was a control group? too many marks and too little to write!

I said that it meant that they would be able to see the clear effectiveness of the anxiety management programme. I can't remember what else I put though...
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I didnt put that but i did put your last point surely the other 2 apply more to pilot study etc?

technically as long as you have the points and a convincing answer, you will be fine.

but we do use the control in order to ensure that the changes we made cause the thing we measured (DV) to change and NOT other factors.

for my graph, i did this. anyone else check its right?

the circle above the square is a mistake btw i scribbled it out
Reply 5887
Original post by nemanuel96
Nah you don't use that. That was for celeb worship. Gossip was a key answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did I do mine wrong? One explanation was preference for creative individuals and included neophillia
It was psychological explanations for depression right?
If anyone did phobic disorders, what two explanations did you use? I did psychodynamic and evolutionary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nemanuel96
That exam fücked me in the àrse so hard. I think I'm bleeding.

An hour into the exam I thought "yep, I've failed" but somehow managed to do ao1 for all of them and generally evaluate them as best I could.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same boat. I managed to scrounge enough studies for SOME kind of AO2 for all of them but they were all trash. Let's hope I did better on the PSYA3.....
Well that was NOT a blessing of a paper. For schizophrenia I (thoroughly!) revised classification & diagnosis, psychological explanations, biological explanations, and psychological therapies, thinking I was safe, But what came up? F****** biological therapies!!! Damn you AQA!!
Reply 5892
Fuuuck I got the graph question wrong and the statistical test and I do a level maths wtf
Original post by Jpalmer.09
For me everything was nice except for the addiction question on media and the bar chart. That media one really threw me because it talked about media and the initiation, maintenance and reduction in Toby's addiction. Wasn't sure what studies to include and I felt the paragraph wasn't very helpful. I just talked about social learning from his role models, advertisements on gambling etc.
yeah same I spoke about social learning theory and that it is his idols then some other studies! Loved the other two questions though
I used a box plot for the RM chart question.... Was this somewhat okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was that bloomin' graph meant to look like?!?
Original post by Daisy May
What was that bloomin' graph meant to look like?!?

4 bars
My graph only had 2 bars (for median of control and experimental groups). I know that's wrong as you were apparently meant to have 4 bars but would I get marks for labelling the axes at least? Also does anyone remember how many marks it was worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onica
What did people put for evolutionary explanations for media and pro-social apply question??

For the pro-social application question I did two paragraphs:

1. Briefly outlined Social Learning Theory, name dropped Bandura and Poulos. Said the show should feature characters similar to their target demographic (e.g. school age boys) performing pro-social activities

2. Briefly outlined Parental mediation, name dropped the Rice et al study. Said the show could instruct the children to discuss a certain topic with their parents

For the evolutionary explanations for media I described evolutionary advantage of gossip and how that applies to celebrity journalism (De Backer) and how people are sexually attracted to celebrities (Fieldman) as well as want to learn how to be more socially desirable from celebrities of the same sex
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
4 bars
PHEWEEEEEE! I almost drew error bars! Are you sure though?

Latest

Trending

Trending