The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

good luck guys and shabbat shalom to my main man @EricPiphany and inshallah to not my main man @Zacken
Good luck lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Number Nine
good luck guys and shabbat shalom to my main man @EricPiphany and inshallah to not my main man @Zacken

Wah bout me.
Nob

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's get 100% in everything!
And smash this test so hard that they never make a STEP paper again.
Good luck people!
Smash it for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Smash it for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and my axe!
Reply 1087
You got this, guys!
This is the time of year I act as the grinch (but it's for your benefit, really!)

Please do not discuss the exam until 24 hours of the start, i.e. 9:00 (UK time) on 15th June . This is because the exam is sat internationally and you could give people an unfair advantage if they are overseas.

Once again, good luck to all who are sitting it.
:Facepalm:
Good luck to all you SSSmart people.
Anyone done the paper already? Wasn't the exam at 9am? I guess time zone differences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
How did it go?

Pretty good. How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was very hard but I knew that already I just kind of accepted my fate
Right I'm not going to give anything away but tomorrow can someone please explain number 10 for me? I kept getting the same answer which coincidentally wasn't right, many thanks!
Original post by wiredapple
I messed up this exam and just say goodbye to Warwick...:frown::frown:

I found it much harder than 2015... I only got 2 full solutions and 2 halves (and a few marks extra for the 2 other questions I started on).

How many marks do you think you got?
Original post by almostover
I'm guessing quite a few people attempted question 2 -- if you did can you say how you did it - out of curiosity
BTW looking at mark schemes the marks seem to be fairly evenly distributed irrespective of whether it is difficult or easy and also you can always pray for low grade boundaries

People can't (or really shouldn't) talk about question specifics until 24 hours have passed
Original post by almostover
I'm guessing quite a few people attempted question 2 -- if you did can you say how you did it - out of curiosity
BTW looking at mark schemes the marks seem to be fairly evenly distributed irrespective of whether it is difficult or easy and also you can always pray for low grade boundaries

DON'T DISCUSS SOLUTIONS UNTIL 9 AM TOMORROW. It's for all of our benefit :smile:
Overall would be people say it was easier, harder or the same as 2015?
I answered 3 fulls (well not really full but attempted the whole question) a couple halves and a rubbish last 5 minute attempt.

I found it pretty tough, but didn't do the most recent years papers so can't compare. Was definitely the hardest ever STEP I paper I've done tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending