The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BekahTalc
Can't wait to see how this ends good luck m8 :banana::banana:

thanks bro, as far as I know we have 3 outcomes:

1) don't get caught - best but lets say 50% chance it happens.
2) admit to lie - 100% caught rate but reduces damage
3) lie and get caught - absolute worst, 50% chance it happens.

do I go all or nothing? or damage control?

also probably isn't 50% either way sadly
Original post by theguywhosaidhi
you sound like an expert on this, I wish I knew this stuff before I skipped today, **** my life I'm anxious as hell

she doesn't finish work till 6 and therefore I think she won't text/call, pray for me please

lol well I've done it a fair few times, it's all about thinking abt the possibilities.

just relax honestly, what's the worse that can happen? If your mum finds out she'll probably play long to make sure you don't get into trouble at school, the best thing to do is tell your mum before you do these things - I always do. I either fake ill and bring food into my room, or genuinely tell her why I don't wanna go.

in that case tell your mum you've signed in now, then you'll have to phone up as your father and tell the school that you're ill, or get your sister (if you have one) to phone up as your mum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alkaline.
lol well I've done it a fair few times, it's all about thinking abt the possibilities.

just relax honestly, what's the worse that can happen? If your mum finds out she'll probably play long to make sure you don't get into trouble at school, the best thing to do is tell your mum before you do these things - I always do. I either fake ill and bring food into my room, or genuinely tell my mum why I don't wanna go.

in that case tell your mum you've signed in now, then you'll have to phone up as your father and tell the school that you're ill, or get your sister (if you have one) to phone up as your mum.

okay well normally I'd be home now anyways as Tuesday = early finish (12pm).

think I'm just going to go along with the lie now, if I get caught sure she will be pissed but it's only a one off and I didn't miss anything major anyways.
thanks bro, as far as I know we have 3 outcomes:

1) don't get caught - best but lets say 50% chance it happens.
2) admit to lie - 100% caught rate but reduces damage
3) lie and get caught - absolute worst, 50% chance it happens.

do I go all or nothing? or damage control?

also probably isn't 50% either way sadly

I guess it all depends on how badly your mum will react ... if she is known to go absolutely bat-s*** crazy (like my parents) i wouldn't dare risk it - damage control.

if youre asking what I would do though, Id go for 1 :colone:
I guess it all depends on how badly your mum will react ... if she is known to go absolutely bat-s*** crazy (like my parents) i wouldn't dare risk it - damage control.

if youre asking what I would do though, Id go for 1 :colone:

omfg she got a text saying i wasn't in lessons at all.

ihofehwiofihowhioehiowei

i guess its time for damage control

just relax honestly, what's the worse that can happen? If your mum finds out she'll probably play long to make sure you don't get into trouble at school, the best thing to do is tell your mum before you do these things - I always do. I either fake ill and bring food into my room, or genuinely tell her why I don't wanna go.

'they called n said you were not in lessons at all. they left a voicemail x'

..... damage control time? what do I say? even after my elaborate lie. ****
omfg she got a text saying i wasn't in lessons at all.

ihofehwiofihowhioehiowei

i guess its time for damage control

oh crumbs.
oh crumbs.

what's the plan? halp.
here is my reply;

'okay I wasn't in, I didn't go in because yesterday we sat around and did nothing on the computers most the day. sorry for lying. multiple teachers said they aren't teaching the syllabus till next week as people have exams so I didn't think they'd care if I was off - seems they do. i'll be revising all night for the exam on friday and I won't skip again, sorry x'

end my life pls

I havent sent it yet, making a cuppa as we speak so please try improve this message for me if you can.#

edit: okay I added to the message some of the stuff I did today (finished chem presentation, and did a maths paper) so hopefully I don't get murdered
edit2: 'talk when I get in x'

this has went dreadful, I've been caught red handed boys. tell my future wife and kids I love them... rip Alex
(edited 7 years ago)
His mam found out lmaoooo he in deeeeepe ****
here is my reply;

'okay I wasn't in, I didn't go in because yesterday we sat around and did nothing on the computers most the day. sorry for lying. multiple teachers said they aren't teaching the syllabus till next week as people have exams so I didn't think they'd care if I was off - seems they do. i'll be revising all night for the exam on friday and I won't skip again, sorry x'

end my life pls

I havent sent it yet, making a cuppa as we speak so please try improve this message for me if you can.#

edit: okay I added to the message some of the stuff I did today (finished chem presentation, and did a maths paper) so hopefully I don't get murdered

If I was your mum, Id let you off the hook for that. She'd appreciate you owning up to it at least and your proposal to do more work to compensate.
Chill, it'll be calm. x
If I was your mum, Id let you off the hook for that. She'd appreciate you owning up to it at least and your proposal to do more work to compensate.
Chill, it'll be calm. x

sadly, you aren't my mum :frown:

she said ' Talk when I get home x '

this ain't going to end well. I'm packing my bags as we speak x
sadly, you aren't my mum :frown:

she said ' Talk when I get home x '

this ain't going to end well. I'm packing my bags as we speak x

If it makes you feel better, one time while I was at school I butt dialed my dad accidentally and he heard me say a few choice words (if you know what I mean). He's never heard me swear before and is really uptight about it but when he had heard enough, he hung up and left a voicemail for me saying 'Wait till you get home' :s-smilie:
I was so dead that day.
If it makes you feel better, one time while I was at school I butt dialed my dad accidentally and he heard me say a few choice words (if you know what I mean). He's never heard me swear before and is really uptight about it but when he had heard enough, he hung up and left a voicemail for me saying 'Wait till you get home' :s-smilie:
I was so dead that day.

hahahah! I have a similar story to share;

I was 12yrs old or so with a friend, and it was Halloween. My mum called up to ask if we are okay etc. but I couldn't get to my phone in time (so I thought anyways). I then got a random notification on my crappy phone and said 'F*** sake', not at my mum intentionally, but just in frustration because my phone was being really jittery (also being cool in front of my friend). Turns out I was on the phone to my mum the whole time as I did answer the call in time and she heard me swear. She wasn't too fussed though, thankfully, but I did have to explain myself a bit :d

you made it out alive so hopefully I will too - not looking forward to when she gets home though. I think it's going to a 'im not angry, just disappointed' approach :x

edit: added a few words
(edited 7 years ago)
'they called n said you were not in lessons at all. they left a voicemail x'

..... damage control time? what do I say? even after my elaborate lie. ****

loool bruh
did u not phone up the school and say you were ill?

oh well tell us how it goes yh sorry i didnt check my notifs earlier
hahahah! I have a similar story to share;

I was 12yrs old or so with a friend, and it was Halloween. My mum called up to ask if we are okay etc. but I couldn't get to my phone in time (so I thought anyways). I then got a random notification on my crappy phone and said 'F*** sake', not at my mum intentionally, but just in frustration because my phone was being really jittery (also being cool in front of my friend). Turns out I was on the phone to my mum the whole time as I did answer the call in time and she heard me swear. She wasn't too fussed though, thankfully, but I did have to explain myself a bit :d

you made it out alive so hopefully I will too - not looking forward to when she gets home though. I think it's going to a 'im not angry, just disappointed' approach :x

edit: added a few words

The disappointed approach is worse than the angry one for me
The disappointed approach is worse than the angry one for me

this is a tragedy, I'm like the worst liar ever D:
loool bruh
did u not phone up the school and say you were ill?

oh well tell us how it goes yh sorry i didnt check my notifs earlier

nah, I just stayed off didn't even think of that.

and it's okay, I'll survive (i hope) lmao
what was the outcome m80 did she gan wild
me and my friend was skipping our last period and then a teacher came in the girls locker room and seen us and told us to go and walk us to our class and my mum works at the school and my friend uncle is the police in the school what do l tell my mum ...HELP ME

Latest

Trending

Trending