The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethM98
oh my god I didn't label the side axis!! that was a dumb mistake hahaha, me too :frown: no I didn't put a title, probably should have...

it's nothing to worry about!! i have no idea if my answer is correct, thats why im praying for low grade boundaries xD

Saj after he messed up the predictions
Original post by yasx_
Guys!!!! For unit 3 I just realised that I didn't put the number of the question in the boxes (I'm an idiot yes I know but I didn't read it) instead I put it next to the answer on the actual lines so e.g. 02) biological explanations state....

Will this affect anything? Omg I'm praying it doesn't because I didn't write ANY of the question numbers in the boxes only on the lines
I noticed my mistake in today's exams and filled it in correctly but I'm panicking now because I realised I didn't for unit 3

You should be OK, there's a little page somewhere on the AQA website that says they try and work out in every case where people forget to do this, also applies to other stuff like people using blue pens etc :smile: If your result does come back and looks really weird you should be able to fix it though appeal if not, but from what I can tell they try their best to work it out! Especially since you wrote the question number you'll almost certainly be fjne
Original post by SunDun111
for the media influences question the scenario one for addiction, did you have to right about the three theories I didnt :frown:

Niether did i :frown: but tbh it specifially said media influence and there was another question on initiation so i dont think you had to *** aqa tbh
Original post by Romanoff

Saj after he messed up the predictions

Lol for real :colone:
Original post by ubiquitousking
So...
For the first 30 mins I wrote about Biological explanations (in great freaking detail) rather than therapies. Realised my mistake though and managed to write about the therapies and include ECT and some BS Ao2 xD

Media.... I don't really know what they want for the 10 marker. I mentioned the pro-social behavioural traits (altruism, empathy, positive interaction) and used studies to show what they could do (e.g. I mentioned Sprafkin and their findings, then said the programme could contain instances of altruism whereby a child rescues an animal in distress; I mentioned Ostrov in a similar fashion but for eduactional media).

I only wrote 3/4 of a page, though...

H-Y model was pretty good... speaker ---> attention ---> clear message ---> comprehension ---> yielding and persuasion... I think that's right. (I did mention the audience throughout.)

Evolutionary explanations... I did Gossip theory using 2 studies and evaluating them (probably badly) and the other one about love of novelty and evaluated one study.

RM was pretty good aside from the consent form which I dragged out by quite a bit...

Managed to finish though so... yay? Next is maths tomorrow :redface:

Yo lol - I did one ao2 point similar for the bio therapies essay - shouldn't be too bad as long as we have enough Ao2 elsewhere
Original post by Cherrysweetlips
I wrote single and double blind design too - I was so confused, I had a brain fart thinking what to write for it!

I had like 3 minutes left and needed to do the graph so drew a pie chart for god sake! Not gd.

Also the directional hypothesis i wrote something like "anxiety scores will be lower after the 6 week programme" but thats not operationalised or anything is it ahhh
The one tailed question really confused me and now i feel so stupid, lost an easy mark😭😭😭
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
it's nothing to worry about!! i have no idea if my answer is correct, thats why im praying for low grade boundaries xD

me too :/ what other topics did you do?
Original post by Loraaa_p
I tried to make it clear by putting something like: 'The statistical test which I would use in this investigation is a Mann-Whitney U test.' And then I listed three appropriate reasons which I'm hoping are correct.

Then below I named Chi-Squared and listed three reasons.

I should have probably crossed out one of my answers. Yolo I can't change it now

Yeah hopefully they'll take ur first answer
Reply 6010
Original post by TMC113
This year, they're being marked by hand, so you should be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are? That's different.. But a bit more relieving lol thanks!

Original post by Plexy76
You should be OK, there's a little page somewhere on the AQA website that says they try and work out in every case where people forget to do this, also applies to other stuff like people using blue pens etc :smile: If your result does come back and looks really weird you should be able to fix it though appeal if not, but from what I can tell they try their best to work it out! Especially since you wrote the question number you'll almost certainly be fjne

Oh that's good news, thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BethM98
me too :/ what other topics did you do?

i did depression, addictive behaviour (absolute crap questions this year) and research methods! wbu?
Reply 6012
How did people apply the pro-social question to the scenario? I talked about how the company could make a TV game show programme for children where the participants will be children they have to work in teams and cooperate to solve tasks. The wining team Will be rewarded with medals. I said this will increase the likelihood of imitation, as children may imitate this behaviour in real life like in school when the teachers make them work in teams.
I then stated a study to support the idea that media can lead to pro-social behaviour.
Did I do it right?? Were you meant to put forward two explanations, or would one be okay? What did other people put??
Original post by Biologist123
I had like 3 minutes left and needed to do the graph so drew a pie chart for god sake! Not gd.

Also the directional hypothesis i wrote something like "anxiety scores will be lower after the 6 week programme" but thats not operationalised or anything is it ahhh

A pie chart is a straight up no though

It is operationalised, I'd give you a mark or two for that.

Probably wont get the other because you didn't say significantly
What did everyone put for the Anomalistic questions? 10 marks on Margret and the Ganzfeld method, 10 marks for Superstition and 4 marks for Near Death Experiences?
Research Methods

1) Directional hypothesis- i put something like the students scores on the questionnaire will decrease significantly after they have undergone the 6 week treatment

2) Consent Form
I consent that my child will take part in this study
I understand that that they will take part in a 6 week programme (blah,blah,blah)
I understand that my child has the right to withdraw at any time
I understand that my child details will be confidential
Sign.......

3) Reliability- Extent to which data is consistent
internal Validity- the extent to which a study/measuring tool measures what it sets out to measure
4) I put that that internal validity can be assessed by face validity- looking at the questions on the question and seeing if they measure what its supposed to
and then mentioned about concurrent validity where correlations are made
5) A one-tailed test was used because the hypothesis was directional
6) The results were significant
7)I put that the Mann-whitney U test was the suitable test to be used because:

The data was ordinal
The hypothesis predicted a difference between two sets of data
An independent groups design was used

For the last question, I just gave the definition of what a matched pairs design was, didnt know what else to write
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
i did depression, addictive behaviour (absolute crap questions this year) and research methods! wbu?

I did schizophrenia and addiction! I really didn't like the addiction questions, especially the 10mark one on psychological interventions :frown:
Original post by ellie0497
The one tailed question really confused me and now i feel so stupid, lost an easy mark😭😭😭

What was the q and ur answer
Reply 6018
Was the directional hypothesis about the small scale study (questionnaire) or the whole study about the 6 week programme?

Also, the results from the wilcoxon T test were significant, right? Because the T value was less than the critical?
Wait, was the exam out of 83? 24 plus 24 plus 35? If so, the grade boundaries were HIGH last year for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending