The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lillah
Did anyone do Goldstein for the "evaluate the research method not the study itself" question? I think it was a 5 marker but I left it till last because my mind went blank and I couldn't figure out what research method was used, what did you guys put?

I did :smile:
I evaluated longitudinal:
qual and quan data
allows developmental progress to be tracked
likely to be a high drop out rate, leading to a biased sample
uses a variety of research methods so triangulation carried out
high ecological validity as real study of real people over a prolonged period of time

gave examples from goldsteins research - interviews etc
Reply 741
Original post by Sallaaaayy
omg no:frown: i thought it was about the soldiers?! are you sure?

I talked about Social identity theory, agency theory, and cue dependant forgetting talking about context cues so the soldiers can recall information better

how about you?

It was about the soldiers and what they should be taught, like agency theory and stuff:smile:
Reply 742
Original post by Julieplec
I did :smile:
I evaluated longitudinal:
qual and quan data
allows developmental progress to be tracked
likely to be a high drop out rate, leading to a biased sample
uses a variety of research methods so triangulation carried out
high ecological validity as real study of real people over a prolonged period of time

gave examples from goldsteins research - interviews etc

Phew, I wrote about a longitudinal too. Pretty much the same points as you but it was really messy as I quickly did it after the 18 marker ^^
Reply 743
Original post by lauraEdexcel
has anyone else do EWT for unit 3 ( criminal ) as a contribution?

I did :smile: I wrote about how research evidence from Loftus and Palmer suggests that an eye witnesses account of an incident can be affected by how a question is phrased - and then talked about how this information can help us improve interviewing techniques to avoid misinformation

I think I added someone about Pickel as well at the end - weapon focus and how it can lead to loss of information
Original post by Sallaaaayy
omg no:frown: i thought it was about the soldiers?! are you sure?

I talked about Social identity theory, agency theory, and cue dependant forgetting talking about context cues so the soldiers can recall information better

how about you?

oh sugar, im not definitely sure but i thought that it was about psychological theories that could help the officers job :/ tbh those theories still apply so its fine! i did agency theory and social learning theory, im worried that SLT isn't right :frown:
Original post by Bubbles66
oh sugar, im not definitely sure but i thought that it was about psychological theories that could help the officers job :/ tbh those theories still apply so its fine! i did agency theory and social learning theory, im worried that SLT isn't right :frown:

slt is fine i was going to talk about that but ran out of time !

i hope i still get the marks i applied all the theory and evaluation ok, praying i get a nice examiner x
Did anyone describe Cook and Mineka for the procedure question and the evaluate the main research method as for lab studies??
Original post by Lillah
Did anyone do Goldstein for the "evaluate the research method not the study itself" question? I think it was a 5 marker but I left it till last because my mind went blank and I couldn't figure out what research method was used, what did you guys put?

I did interviews as she used experienced interviewers to see how people are affected by SZ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deffo got 100% on both papers add this to my 100% last year I will have 400 UMS

Original post by Julieplec
I agree, the paper was a nice paper. I think I've got around 70, so hopefully an a A*. I'm shocked at how many people found it difficult to be honest, the clinical section was straight forward and if you knew psychology as a science (empirical, quantitative, reductionist, reliable, objective etc) and daycare as a contribution you were fine in the issues and debates section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone do Harlow as their procedure question?
How many marks will you lose for evaluating wrong method?I did interviews for gottesman and schields :frown:
For the useful contributions of unit 3, I wrote about how hospital policies have changed due to bowlbys attachment theory so mothers can stay with children during periods of hospitalisation vice versa to avoid deprivation, is that alright????
Original post by Areefa
It was about the soldiers and what they should be taught, like agency theory and stuff:smile:

I mentioned soldiers and how they should learn to be good soldiers and effective at their roles (using psychological theory obviously)

was that the right way of doing so?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 753
Original post by Lillah

Laboratory experiment
Original post by helloitsme99
How many marks will you lose for evaluating wrong method?I did interviews for gottesman and schields :frown:

I think that question was a 5 marker
Original post by Jgermaney97
Deffo got 100% on both papers add this to my 100% last year I will have 400 UMS

Nice, I only got a B last year but resat unit 2 and I think I've got an A* in unit 3+4 - hard work pays off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keyadeb
Laboratory experiment

I think the answer was either longitudinal study or interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else think the content analysis question was SO hard?! I panicked and wrote about Chi squared?! arghh because of time limits I found that really awful :frown:
Also anyone got a link to an unofficial mark scheme?!
Original post by keyadeb
Laboratory experiment

Goldstein's main research method was the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest