The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatGirlJemma
same! :smile: and oo what topics did you do for unit 3? why was it a disaster?:eek:

I did relationships, eating behaviour and gender, the topics that came up were the worst possible topics :frown: what dod you do?
Original post by BethM98
I did relationships, eating behaviour and gender, the topics that came up were the worst possible topics :frown: what dod you do?

yeah i heard for gender that gender schema came up and it was totally unexpected? i did aggression, eating behaviour and bio rhythms and sleep! the eating behaviour question was ehhh... the biological explanation for anorexia/obesity or something?
Original post by Lmw26
Also, what did people write for the last question on matched pairs??

I put to give them the questionnaire to find their anxiety score and then match them depending on similar anxiety scores
Original post by mosahra
I put spearman rho for the stats test but would I still get marks for putting independent groups and ordinal data ?

Not sure because wasn't it independent groups, interval data and test of difference. But it was only 3 marks so I wouldn't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrojanH
What ao2 did you have for neiphullia

I only used Duck and Darwin's study and Im not even sure that would be considered A02
Original post by RHobbs
Not sure because wasn't it independent groups, interval data and test of difference. But it was only 3 marks so I wouldn't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but I put independant groups and ordinal data so hopefully I can at least get 1 mark despite getting the test wrong
yeah i heard for gender that gender schema came up and it was totally unexpected? i did aggression, eating behaviour and bio rhythms and sleep! the eating behaviour question was ehhh... the biological explanation for anorexia/obesity or something?

yeah I hadn't revised gender schema so it was a nightmare! yeah I think it was something like that, I didn't find it that great :/ how were your other questions?
Reply 6067
Original post by mosahra
yeah but I put independant groups and ordinal data so hopefully I can at least get 1 mark despite getting the test wrong

It was independent groups and ordinal data not interval lmaooo
Original post by Lmw26
Also, what did people write for the last question on matched pairs??

I wrote about making sure that the participants in each condition were matched with someone of similar characteristic etc in the other.

Then in how they could do it in that study I said to use monozygotic twins

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrojanH
Twins, if not genetic similarity then age height build sex weight

i put age and the class type that they are in? is class type ok because it was a school ( i think i put year instead of class) was they also a question that asked us why the carrying out of the small scale investigation was important before doing the big one? i swear they was?
Original post by BethM98
yeah I hadn't revised gender schema so it was a nightmare! yeah I think it was something like that, I didn't find it that great :/ how were your other questions?

oh i bet it was!:eek: thats a shame:frown: and the other questions were alright i guess, i didnt have enough time to put as many studies as I wanted which was a struggle, but i attempted to answer each question! wbu?
Original post by NHM
It was independent groups and ordinal data not interval lmaooo

If it was ordinal what did u say the test was then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the OCD question on outline evaluate TWO explanations for OCD. This meant you had the choice to do both bio and psychological explanations. But many of the people in my class, me included,used 2 aspects of the bio explanation and one from Psych. So on the surface we used two explanations but 3 aspects. Does anyone know if that will mean they only count 2 of the 3 points made?

I apologise if this is poorly explained
Did anyone else do a histogram for the graph question? The question said 'a graph' and that was the only option to get all the data onto it no?
oh i bet it was!:eek: thats a shame:frown: and the other questions were alright i guess, i didnt have enough time to put as many studies as I wanted which was a struggle, but i attempted to answer each question! wbu?

that's good though well done:smile: i found the relationships question alright but i absolutely hated both the others so that's why I'm relying on unit 4 to pull my marks up haha
for the question on why the particpants was randomly allocated to each conditon? would it be to avoid treatement bias? could this be a sufficient answer?
Did anyone else do anomalistic?
Original post by Jadejadejade16
The sample included both sexes aged 15-16 year olds you're right. But there was nothing about age affecting anxiety. The study was focused on anxiety scores before the 6 week programme and after, therefore your answer might be incorrect! I wouldn't worry at all though, it's only a 2 mark and won't effect your grade much :smile:

I wrote that the scores would be lower after the programme but then I thought it might be wrong so I wrote "or..." what would I get for that? 0? Or would they mark the first answer?
Original post by RHobbs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spearman rho ? I thought it was correlational but at least Mann whitney and Spearman are both ordinal and independent groups, that's what I mean would I be able to get marks or not?
Original post by RHobbs
Posted from TSR Mobile

still a Mann Whitney u test, you can get the mark for saying 'at least ordinal' or 'more complex than nominal' rather than specifying ordinal/ ratio/ interval

Latest

Trending

Trending