The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plexy76
Unfortunately seems like 0 from this previous mark scheme

image.png

Sorry :frown:

Original post by RHobbs
No you wouldn't because u had to get the test right for the justification marks to be awarded! Says on this mark scheme for a different paper-
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465912137.614957.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw damn I was so torn between the two tests! But thanks guys :frown:
Original post by NHM
Mann Whitney U

Ok fair enough! I put Mann Whitney but I always associate it with interval data not ordinal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlie2466
Yeyaa, how'd you find the questions? I was quite pleased with them :smile:

I felt the questions were quite nice ones woo 🎉 How did you feel? I literally tried to eek out everything I could find haha! From what I can remember I put the sheep-goat effect because she's a believer, the fact she volunteered herself, only having them in different rooms and not sound proof or electromagnetically shielded, playing white noise through the headphones (just incase ahha as they didn't state anything would be playing through them), having the sender choose the image instead of being randomly chosen by computer, use of the researcher giving the cards to reciever (I.e he could pass on info with a bent corner for example), only using one person and the file drawer effect by choosing the 'hits' that occurred during the several trials but overlooking the 'misses'. Literally just brain vomited everything in my brain onto the paper in hope they'll find some marks haha. How many did you put? :smile:

Yes loved that paper! But it specifically said "she wasn't a believer but she volunteered anyway" - something along those lines. But I did write something about the researcher being a believer and thus causing bias by being more encouraging towards poor Margaret, bless her soul
I got completely confused when it asked why the researcher's used a one-tailed hypothesis, because they had already asked for a directional hypothesis and it was a new anxiety management programme, so I just assumed I remembered one and two-tailed hypothesis the wrong way round. Put something along the lines of 'as there was no previous evidence indicating a direction'. Yay.
Addiction or schizophrenia anyone?
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for research methods yet?
How was it ordinal data? It's definitely interval. My textbook even gives an example of test scores as interval data, which is similar to anxiety scores.
Original post by chloehayes

Schizophrenia :smile:

yeah i did both of them :smile:
Original post by 24cardpickup
I got completely confused when it asked why the researcher's used a one-tailed hypothesis, because they had already asked for a directional hypothesis and it was a new anxiety management programme, so I just assumed I remembered one and two-tailed hypothesis the wrong way round. Put something along the lines of 'as there was no previous evidence indicating a direction'. Yay.

I did that ffs
What a02 points did you write for schizohprenia?

I felt like I kinda made up studies in mines because I forget them kinda :frown:
Original post by loveleest
It was so *****y :frown: biological therapies came up :frown: barely did any revision on it. Addiction and research methods were okay.

what did you write for the 10 mark media influences on addictive behaviour? I felt like there wasn't a lot to write apart from the study Sulkunen did.
Original post by loveleest
What a02 points did you write for schizohprenia?

I felt like I kinda made up studies in mines because I forget them kinda :frown:

I talked about things like relapse rates, side effects such as tardive dyskenisia, not treating the real cause (could be EE)
Reply 6113
Original post by bullseye1
For depression did anyone just write about one explanation, because it said "one or more"? I just wrote in depth about Beck's cognitive model including the cognitive triad, negative silent assumptions and faulty information processing. I didn't write anything about the psychodynamic theory because I didn't have time and I thought well it says you can write about only one so I'll just write about one explanation. Will I get partial performance for only writing about one? Concerned as many people I spoke to wrote about Beck's cognitive model and a bit about the psychodynamic theory!

one is fine! every mark scheme for one or more says to be aware of a depth/breadth trade off, so if you did one in loads of detail you can still get full marks☺️
Original post by sukhraj7
I put the hypothesis is directional which can be backed up with evidence from previous research

Yeah exactly
Original post by ombbk
yeah how did you find it??

I really liked it! I mainly focused on the biological explanations. How about u?
List of questions from research methods.

Think these were the questions. Might not be in order.

Write a directional hypothesis (2)
Write a consent form for parents (5)
What is reliability and internal validity (2)
How can the researcher assess the internal validity of the questionnaire (3)
Why did the researcher use a one-tailed hypothesis (1)
Is the calculated value of T= 64 (or 63) significant (3)
Statistical test (4)
Why is it important to have a control group (3)
Why did the researcher randomly allocate students to conditions (2)
How could the researcher randomly allocate the students (2)
Draw a suitable graph for the data (4)
What is a matched pairs design? How could the researcher of done a matched pairs design (2+2)
(edited 7 years ago)
Omg really mucked up on a 2 mark question for the direction hypothesis. I put - the higger the students score on the questionnaire, the greater anxiety levels they will have.

So annoyed at myself cause every own wrote about the 6 week programme :/
Original post by thalmerr
I talked about things like relapse rates, side effects such as tardive dyskenisia, not treating the real cause (could be EE)

what did you write for the 10 mark media influences on addictive behaviour? I felt like there wasn't a lot to write apart from the study Sulkunen did.

Tbh i forget the names so I made the names up :frown:
I did a study on promotion and said that tv promotes smoking and I evaluated the study on it.
I then said gambling is shown as being posiive on tv (good reactions of winning lottery) and we have lottery advs that advertise gambling
Then he quit smoking because of promotion and then I outlined a study then evaluated it

Then I did quite a lot of a02 and spoke about other factors such as out genetics which could have made him because addicted and then also our environment

Hr could have started gambling because he was poor and wanted some money...
SO basically I spoke about it being reductionist.

Idk if i did good on it or not lol
Really have failed this exam :/ I wrote about consent one including all of the points but didn't set it out like an actual consent form, just wrote what had to be included. Erggg hated it

Latest

Trending

Trending