The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
What a02 points did you write for schizohprenia?

I felt like I kinda made up studies in mines because I forget them kinda :frown:

I wrote about conventional and atypical antipsychotics. For AO2 I wrote about the side effects of both like tardive dyskinesia, compliance with medication, their effectiveness as they only treat the symptoms they're not a cure, I mentioned PET scans and post mortem studies and how the medication may lead to more dopamine receptors and that they are not suitable for everyone - the elderly and pregnant women cant take them.

I also wanted to mention ECT but didn't have enough time, what did you write?
Reply 6121
Original post by Allibay
I really liked it! I mainly focused on the biological explanations. How about u?

same but you know how it says discuss two explanations of phobia, did that mean they wanted you to talk about psychological and biological? I'm a bit worried lol
Original post by Daisy May
How was it ordinal data? It's definitely interval. My textbook even gives an example of test scores as interval data, which is similar to anxiety scores.

That's what I was thinking! I put interval as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh i forget the names so I made the names up :frown:
I did a study on promotion and said that tv promotes smoking and I evaluated the study on it.
I then said gambling is shown as being posiive on tv (good reactions of winning lottery) and we have lottery advs that advertise gambling
Then he quit smoking because of promotion and then I outlined a study then evaluated it

Then I did quite a lot of a02 and spoke about other factors such as out genetics which could have made him because addicted and then also our environment

Hr could have started gambling because he was poor and wanted some money...
SO basically I spoke about it being reductionist.

Idk if i did good on it or not lol

I found that question quit tricky because i wanted to include lots of risk factors but it had to be based on media. So i talked about operant conditioning and how he may see his idol being rewarded for his behaviour so he would copy it (social learning theory). I said his age would affect his initiation and linked that to Sargent and Hanewinkel study on films depicting smoking. Other than that i just talked about his personality making him more influences by the film and other pieces of research. No clue if its right but i tried haha
Original post by ombbk
same but you know how it says discuss two explanations of phobia, did that mean they wanted you to talk about psychological and biological? I'm a bit worried lol

Nah, you can talk about any as if they wanted that they would've said something like 'discuss one psychological and biological explanation for phobias' so I think we're okay x
Reply 6125
Original post by Allibay
Nah, you can talk about any as if they wanted that they would've said something like 'discuss one psychological and biological explanation for phobias' so I think we're okay x

thank god!!
Original post by thalmerr
yeah i did both of them :smile:

how did you find it? :smile:
Reply 6127
I drew my graph in pencil cause i'm an idiot lol
do you think I will lose marks for this? will it show up???
Original post by chloehayes
I wrote about conventional and atypical antipsychotics. For AO2 I wrote about the side effects of both like tardive dyskinesia, compliance with medication, their effectiveness as they only treat the symptoms they're not a cure, I mentioned PET scans and post mortem studies and how the medication may lead to more dopamine receptors and that they are not suitable for everyone - the elderly and pregnant women cant take them.

I also wanted to mention ECT but didn't have enough time, what did you write?

I wrote abou drug therapy too. My a01 was terrible, so I didnt write much but hopefully my a02 was okay.
For a02 Isaid that it is not time consuming like cognitive so it would be good for busy people like people who work two jobs and wont have time to go to psychological therapies
Said it is free on nhs so people who have finacial difficulties can have a chance
Said you can get tardive dyskiesia
And that it can affect your daily life such as tiredness fatigue etc...
The drug may not be worth it because a 30 percent chance of dyskensia so much wont be able to risk it...

And i briefly outlined ect... and said that its not ethical to put electrodes on scalpes and its outdated and not enough research done on it because it was developed when science wasn't progressed enough so we cant use it today...not safe etc...

Overall i think i did terrible on it
Original post by charlie2466
Schizophrenia :smile:

how did you find the biological therapies question? :smile:
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by amoos
one is fine! every mark scheme for one or more says to be aware of a depth/breadth trade off, so if you did one in loads of detail you can still get full marks☺️

Ahh thank you for reassuring me! :smile:
Did you need to include any studies with the media question for addiction?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6133
How many marks do you think we'll need for a B? Can't be 50 like last year
Original post by RHobbs
That's what I was thinking! I put interval as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also put interval
Original post by thalmerr
I found that question quit tricky because i wanted to include lots of risk factors but it had to be based on media. So i talked about operant conditioning and how he may see his idol being rewarded for his behaviour so he would copy it (social learning theory). I said his age would affect his initiation and linked that to Sargent and Hanewinkel study on films depicting smoking. Other than that i just talked about his personality making him more influences by the film and other pieces of research. No clue if its right but i tried haha

Ahh see i wanted to talk about slt but i was unsure because I that you would write about that :frown:
I wrote abou drug therapy too. My a01 was terrible, so I didnt write much but hopefully my a02 was okay.
For a02 Isaid that it is not time consuming like cognitive so it would be good for busy people like people who work two jobs and wont have time to go to psychological therapies
Said it is free on nhs so people who have finacial difficulties can have a chance
Said you can get tardive dyskiesia
And that it can affect your daily life such as tiredness fatigue etc...
The drug may not be worth it because a 30 percent chance of dyskensia so much wont be able to risk it...

And i briefly outlined ect... and said that its not ethical to put electrodes on scalpes and its outdated and not enough research done on it because it was developed when science wasn't progressed enough so we cant use it today...not safe etc...

Overall i think i did terrible on it

Really? I think you've got some great points! You'll do fine :smile:
Original post by ombbk

oh Sh** i did the same :OOOOO
Reply 6138
Regarding the consent form question, I included everything the consent form should have had but looking back I feel like I should have actually 'designed' it instead of stating what it would include? surely they can't disregard everything I've said seeing as I DID actually design it...?
Original post by ombbk

I did this too! I think it's fine don't worry, we were always told do diagrams in pencil

Latest

Trending

Trending