The Student Room Group

What does TO mean in a markscheme?

I was doing an AQA COMP3 past paper, and one of the answers uses the term 'TO', does anyone know what this abbreviation means?

The markscheme said:
Implementation details using a composite key:
Create a new field CopyID;
Composite key formed by BookID and CopyID; TO if composite key is clearly in book table or loan table
Store the BookID and the CopyID in the new table; R adding CopyID to Book table as this would created data redundancy but this does not talk out other mark scheme points
Add the CopyID field to Loans table; R replace BookID with CopyID
Original post by ktbunny
I was doing an AQA COMP3 past paper, and one of the answers uses the term 'TO', does anyone know what this abbreviation means?

The markscheme said:
Implementation details using a composite key:
Create a new field CopyID;
Composite key formed by BookID and CopyID; TO if composite key is clearly in book table or loan table
Store the BookID and the CopyID in the new table; R adding CopyID to Book table as this would created data redundancy but this does not talk out other mark scheme points
Add the CopyID field to Loans table; R replace BookID with CopyID

I'm not familiar with the subject, and it doesn't seem to list it on the first/second page of mark schemes - but would it make sense to stand for 'Turn Over'?
TO means "talk out". It means a student can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by talking their way out of the mark if they begin to add more, incorrect or contradictory, information to an answer.

For example in A-Level Physics, there are 2 ways to calculate wavelength. If a student gives a correct response, but then begins to justify this with the use of the wrong equation, that's a "talk out" and will lose them the mark.

Quick Reply

Latest