The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GoNinty
I'm aiming for an A. Pure is mostly good with me, but I tend to make silly mistakes and suck at forming equations (ie the wee dotes nursery question on last years paper). Paper 2 is my real let down. I suck at mechanics and statistics. Hopefully it isn't too bad of a paper. I got a B in my mocks, and I think I was something ridiculous like 1 UMS off of an A when my teacher worked it out. Hopefully I can push myself that bit more to get an A. Good luck on getting your A*!
yeah its about Mao Zedong and the Friendship Treaty, how everything was peachy between USSR-China at the beginning. Then their relationships deteriorated especially after Khrushchev came to power and badmouthed Stalin in his secret speech and began removing his influence. That angered China. Then there's just detente where USA-China relations and USA-USSR relations improved and all the agreement signings like SALT and stuff.Europe 1945-61 sounds nice actually, just Berlin Blockade, Airlift, Hungary and Berlin Wall. Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

Yeah, im hoping for either Europe 1945-1961, Cuba or Korea atm..
Thank you, you too!
Any predictions for as Celtic church?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GoNinty
I'm aiming for an A. Pure is mostly good with me, but I tend to make silly mistakes and suck at forming equations (ie the wee dotes nursery question on last years paper). Paper 2 is my real let down. I suck at mechanics and statistics. Hopefully it isn't too bad of a paper. I got a B in my mocks, and I think I was something ridiculous like 1 UMS off of an A when my teacher worked it out. Hopefully I can push myself that bit more to get an A. Good luck on getting your A*!
yeah its about Mao Zedong and the Friendship Treaty, how everything was peachy between USSR-China at the beginning. Then their relationships deteriorated especially after Khrushchev came to power and badmouthed Stalin in his secret speech and began removing his influence. That angered China. Then there's just detente where USA-China relations and USA-USSR relations improved and all the agreement signings like SALT and stuff.Europe 1945-61 sounds nice actually, just Berlin Blockade, Airlift, Hungary and Berlin Wall. Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

Thank you!!! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
Original post by chemistrynerd13
Yeah, we did that paper and there was a few bad ones. I had to ask her how on earth to do that area one. That's so cool that someone came 2nd in NI. I notice that simultaneous equations with 3 unknowns still haven't come up. Solving simultaneous equations using matrices haven't came up yet. I just hope they are setting a fair paper!!I am aiming for an A but I hope to scrape an A* if its a good paper. What are you aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure simultaneous equations with three unknowns have come up in nearly if not all the past papers?
Reply 784
Thoughts on history?? I thought it was weird.. Like idk... the essay question on USSR gaining & maintaining control in Eastern Europe was really limited?? But its OVER.. yay!
Anyone doing Philosophy of Religion for RE tomorrow? I have RE then Chem
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ckeys
Thoughts on history?? I thought it was weird.. Like idk... the essay question on USSR gaining & maintaining control in Eastern Europe was really limited?? But its OVER.. yay!

I hated the first 3 source questions but the 2 essay questions were pretty good!
Original post by ckeys

Seriously? I was honestly hoping it would come up, because I was actually prepared for that question . Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to look over my answers, as I ran out of time.
What did you think about the source questions though? I didn't like the last one as I couldn't think of anything to add from my own knowledge but overall they were okay I guess.
Original post by ckeys

that essay question was alright. i did blockade, airlift, hungary and the berlin wall. I didn't get as much written for it or for the 12 mark as I would've liked to since I wrote A LOT for the 6 and 9 mark questions.

Original post by shialabeouf
Seriously? I was honestly hoping it would come up, because I was actually prepared for that question . Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to look over my answers, as I ran out of time.What did you think about the source questions though? I didn't like the last one as I couldn't think of anything to add from my own knowledge but overall they were okay I guess.

I thought the source questions were alright, a little disgruntled that they based them around such a small area of the course. I also found it hard to add my own knowledge in for the 12 marks, I kind of just said stuff about the Warsaw Pact dissolving in 1991. Like I said it was on such a small area of the course I couldn't add much own knowledge. I thought the first 3 source questions were fine, honestly.

Overall it was alright. I've been having that feeling about a lot of my recent exams. 'Alright' or 'fine' or 'not too bad'. I feel like my perception of a disaster paper might differ from other peoples. Hey, atleast I'm done with History. Hopefully my controlled assessment can help bump things up.
(edited 7 years ago)
I must be the only person who wrote about question 3 for the essay questions lol. I wrote two and a bit pages on containment, korea, domino theory and vietnam. I really had to make it stretch though cause the question/s were pretty awful and NOTHING what like our teacher said they'd be.
Original post by Tsunaomi
Anyone doing Philosophy of Religion for RE tomorrow? I have RE then Chem

I have both tomorrow. Go us.
any advice on how it'll be marked?
i had to bullet point sources c and d of question4 and had to bullet point two paragraphs of the essay? but the sources i got alot out of and i got own knowledge and stuff? how much will i be penalised for the bulletpointing because i really need 46/55 for an A overall

Also any predictions for chemistry?
Original post by nmeechan
any advice on how it'll be marked?
i had to bullet point sources c and d of question4 and had to bullet point two paragraphs of the essay? but the sources i got alot out of and i got own knowledge and stuff? how much will i be penalised for the bulletpointing because i really need 46/55 for an A overall

Also any predictions for chemistry?

You will probably be penalised but dw everyone was short for time in this exam, so the examiner might take that into consideration.

I wouldn't mind a cheeky salt preparation question. Quantitative chemistry you're like guaranteed the marks every time if you know what you're doing
Original post by OpticSesh
I must be the only person who wrote about question 3 for the essay questions lol. I wrote two and a bit pages on containment, korea, domino theory and vietnam. I really had to make it stretch though cause the question/s were pretty awful and NOTHING what like our teacher said they'd be.

I did question 3 too! Although I didn't write that much, I wrote about a page because I was tight for time
Original post by OpticSesh
You will probably be penalised but dw everyone was short for time in this exam, so the examiner might take that into consideration.

I wouldn't mind a cheeky salt preparation question. Quantitative chemistry you're like guaranteed the marks every time if you know what you're doing

i was going to just continue writing and see how much i could get done, but i thought it would probably be better markwise if i got the content done, because at least ill get the marks for it
Anyone else lacking the motivation to learn organic?
Original post by Okdmd46
Anyone else lacking the motivation to learn organic?

you haven't learnt it yet?
Original post by gabrielealek
you haven't learnt it yet?

I know my general formulas and homologus series, formuals of all molecules, but the rest i need to learn like addition polymerisation and all that other stuff
anyone else not motivated in general? can not wait until the 24th
Original post by Okdmd46
I know my general formulas and homologus series, formuals of all molecules, but the rest i need to learn like addition polymerisation and all that other stuff

ah thats nothing you'll learn it fine sure exam is in the afternoon

Quick Reply

Latest