The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by janvi24
What was the number of peaks for lidocaine (carbon nmr)

8 I think
Original post by Bacardigan
Anyone know what happens to the rate equation if the experiment was repeated with 100x the concentration of ethanal but same concentrations of HCl and Iodine? I put that it would be the same...

I put that too
Gee Aqa how nice were you today...I can only imagine what Chem 5 will be like... *Cries whilst keeping Chem 4 notes for resits next year*
Original post by MartineB
8 I think

9?
Original post by janvi24

9 I think.
that was like the hardest paper eveeeeerrr! it was hard already and i was rushing to finish the paper that i might have made loads of stupid mistakes , i dont think i will pass this one, all the revision wasted
Original post by Suits101
Exactly what I got.

Also for diluted HNO3 I got 2.3 something.

I got 2.3 something.

2.38 and 2.32 for two of them, forgot which way around tho.
That was probably one of the toughest unit 4 chemistry papers I have seen. 2 questions were biology related (which I'm useless at). luckily my offer is fairly low and in theory I could get away with a U overall but I'd like at least a C also the unit 2 resit was brilliant the other day so that should cancel out this exam's result. Hopefully low grade boundaries (please lord, please)!

I went over my calculating ones and couldn't think I could get any other answers - although I can not for the life of me remember any of them apart from I think my Kc value had a 9 in it. Oh and the question to get C6H12O2 was nice from like GCSE so at least 3 marks.
That was horrendous. Did anyone else find that the questions were so awkward?

And there was nothing on equilibria, buffers or not many mechanisms either.

I'm so annoyed.
Original post by blueberry389
9?

i got 9
Original post by Bailey2j09
I put that too

Same guys, someone was telling me you had to write the rate equation out? Did you have to or could you just state that??? I can't remember what the question said now...
Worst exam ever!!! Literally think i got 0 on the 9 mark nmr at the end...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 652
Lol no way am I going to get into uni to do chemistry after that, doubt they accept U's in the subject you want to do:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by blueberry389
9?

i got 8
Original post by janvi24

I think I put 9. I remember counting them and getting 10 which wasn't one of the answers so I gave it a recount! :biggrin:
Please someone say that exam was hard for them too... I started having a panic attack in there... It went horribly and I revised so much for this exam
Original post by 97Y
Just a load of one mark questions that took too long.. Odd paper with relatively simple questions at times but it's stuff that has never EVER come up.. Not amused AQA - I am going through clearing

Totally agree!! Plus lots of questions worth around 2 marks which were worth about 4 on all the past papers, but obviously took just as long to complete!
CH3OCH2CH2C(CH3)2OH
Anyone else with the same
Can we do an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by cowie
I found it a very hard paper but I still think I've done well in it!:smile:
Answer to last question was something like H3COCH2CH2C(CH3)2OH
Or that's what I got at least and I was pretty confident with it.
Was unsure about the reaction with the diol - my answer was a cyclic compound?
Also unsure about the question regarding the hydrogen chloride thing with the large molecule which sounded like cocaine?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure H3COCH2CH2C(CH3)2OH is correct, thats what i got anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending