The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

It didnt require knowing what a palm oil formula is. The alcohol is glycerol/propane-1,2,3-triol.

CH2OH
I
CHOH
I
CH2OH
Sounds like the UK paper was somewhat similar to our IAL. Hope everyone was okay - onwards to unit 5. :smile:
Did anyone remember what they got for multiple choice? i think i got DDDCADCACBBDABBABBCA
That was a very nice paper.

Bit of a trick question about the observation when the thiosulfate ions are used up - quite a few people I know said blue/black to colourless (wrong way around I believe).
Would it be ok if I said the strsch turns blue black , nothing about colourless to blue black
Original post by lfcrules
Would it be ok if I said the strsch turns blue black , nothing about colourless to blue black

I think so, it was only one mark if i think
Original post by lfcrules

Should alright hopefully, Edexcel aren't too harsh in Mark schemes. That's what I put anyway :smile:.
Nonetheless a pretty straightforward paper despite having a couple of oddball questions. Hope everyone found it alright! Unit 5 to go!!
Reply 967
Methyl secondary alcohols will give a positive result as well
It was w and z
my thought exactly! I need an A #byebyeuni
Reply 969
What was the answer for thr final question??? Abiut ir spectrum??
This is the pH Curve roughly i believe
What were the three differences you guys put for acid/alkali hydrolysis. And what 2 bonds did you say we're different for the last bit on the nmr question

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did people get for the first question - ph and concentration for h2s!??
Original post by CLGC98
What was the answer for thr final question??? Abiut ir spectrum??

It was either absence/presence of C-Cl, C-O, H-O or value for c=o being different
Original post by C0balt
It was either absence/presence of C-Cl, C-O, H-O or value for c=o being different

I talked about it in terms of COCl and COOH groups. Is that alright do you think because in the question it said wavenumbers for relevant bonds or groups involved?

What wavenumbers did you use btw?
Original post by WashingPowder
This is the pH Curve roughly i believe

Yeah I did this as well but I believe the graph should start from 1.5 as that was the ph of H2SO4
(edited 7 years ago)
What did you guys get for the total entropy change and what was the answer for how would you twllnif the acid was in excess. Also for the difference between the two hydrolysis types I mentioned equilibrium and salt formation , any ideas for the third difference ?
Original post by C0balt

I said there would be OH for the phenol group in both but for the carboxylic acid group AS well there would be a different OH bond absorption as well?
Reply 978
Original post by C0balt

I just said salicylic acid had a sharp peak at he wavenumber for C=O in carboxylic acid ( dont remember the wavenumber)
Amd said had a peak for the acyl chloride group
anybody got an estimate of what the grade boundaries would be ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending