The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Business - Unit 3 Revision thread (14th June 2016)

Scroll to see replies

How did you guys find global sourcing great? i got so confused on that :frown:

The only two questions that messed with me was that & the policy one, couldnt think of any so said minimum wage & pollution permits...

What did you guys write for global sourcing?
I was confused so i wrote that the benefits are lower labour costs, could be closer to raw materials and evaluation stated that quality may be more important and there may be high training costs in the short run.. Didnt know what it was..
Original post by JoelAndarakis

The only two questions that messed with me was that & the policy one, couldnt think of any so said minimum wage & pollution permits...

I was confused so i wrote that the benefits are lower labour costs, could be closer to raw materials and evaluation stated that quality may be more important and there may be high training costs in the short run.. Didnt know what it was..

I took it that it meant out sourcing but on a global scale.

I sadly didn't manged to answer all the questions, towards the end I had to prioritise which questions i wanted to answer. Didn't end up answering question 8 and only managed to half answer question 7. But I did do question 9 which I felt went ok.

Anyone else have a problem with timing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 62

government policies i wrote about subsidies

global sourcing i wrote about getting resources more cheaply like lower labour costs but there are ethical problems like poor working conditions/unfair wages
Reply 63
Original post by Devinely

I sadly didn't manged to answer all the questions, towards the end I had to prioritise which questions i wanted to answer. Didn't end up answering question 8 and only managed to half answer question 7. But I did do question 9 which I felt went ok.

Timing is the worst with business studies. I just about managed to finish, but I had to kind of rush question Q8. Luckily I decided to do Q9 before 8 as I understood it more.

Government policy in Q8 really confused me, what did everyone write for that question? I kinda concentrated more on why it wasn't important as I didn't really know what it was..😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 64
Original post by Nath98
Timing is the worst with business studies. I just about managed to finish, but I had to kind of rush question Q8. Luckily I decided to do Q9 before 8 as I understood it more.

Government policy in Q8 really confused me, what did everyone write for that question? I kinda concentrated more on why it wasn't important as I didn't really know what it was..😂

Same i did not focus on the benefits of the government one as i could not think of much so i was limited when talking about that. I talked about the other factors instead eg skill of workforce labour costs. cost of raw materials and ease of doing business.
Original post by bag2gies
Same i did not focus on the benefits of the government one as i could not think of much so i was limited when talking about that. I talked about the other factors instead eg skill of workforce labour costs. cost of raw materials and ease of doing business.

Ease of doing business is right, that question was really really messy ugh.
Original post by Devinely

I checked with someone and apparently thats correct, it means to source your materials from one certain area and thats what we said

Yeah the timing was a bit of an issue, especially near the end, what was question 7 again?
Original post by Nath98
Yeah it was a pretty decent paper! Only thing that threw me off was the Q8 on government policies, may have messed that one up a bit. Rest was all good! :biggrin:

Not just you my friend.
Reply 68
Original post by bag2gies

Yeah i said similar things for other factors like labour costs etc. Should still pick up some decent marks i hope even if the first part was utter bs haha.

Anyway thats the easier exam down. Dreading unit 4 new balance next week, there's another thread for that exam here guys - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65551813&highlight=
Im worried as I had 15minutes to spare :O
Original post by Student.53
Im worried as I had 15minutes to spare :O

same i finished so early, think i missed out a question
anyways hows everyone getting on with unit 4, haven't touched that since may
I checked with someone and apparently thats correct, it means to source your materials from one certain area and thats what we said

Yeah the timing was a bit of an issue, especially near the end, what was question 7 again?

That was the one to do with bettys and taylors tea shop shop, I think the question was asking something along the lines of "for a business like Bettys and Taylors what was the trade-off amount made between ethical behaviour and profitability?"

Or something along those lines.

I only had like 4 mins left when I got to that question so it was rather rush, i doubt i'll get many marks for that question.

Am I the only one who struggled to use the figures from some of the evidence? I felt i needed to use it but i couldn't find many places in my answer i could place it in.
Reply 73
does anybody remember all the questions in order?
Original post by Roadrunner55
same i finished so early, think i missed out a question

thats what I thought but I checked every page and no I just finished early

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending