The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Turbo1
what did people put for q 1 and 2?

q1 i did HR objectives and reasons for this - soft management etc. then customer service targets - nature of the business, objectives etc

q2 just wrote nonsense have no idea.

Q2 was so vague i just wrote about the marketing data in the table.

Q1 i wrote about keeping good brand image and customer satisfaction thats why they had quicker check in times and more flight attendants. Also wrote about keeping employees motivated by using more money for training. Dunno if i got it right
Anyone like the exam?

I thought it was good!?
Yeah same I got 3 years and 28 days for the payback but accidentally wrote 2 years and 28 days as my final answer. Hopefully I will still get some marks for my calculation though.

Original post by Crozzer24
15.16% and 3 years 1 month
Original post by Jt18976
Q2 was so vague i just wrote about the marketing data in the table.

Q1 i wrote about keeping good brand image and customer satisfaction thats why they had quicker check in times and more flight attendants. Also wrote about keeping employees motivated by using more money for training. Dunno if i got it right

Same! The paper didn't give much of an opportunity to show a range of skills in terms of analysing operations and that sort of thing. So vague, didn't know what were relevant arguments! I think most people found it difficult, I certainly did
what did people get for payback and AAR as well as gearing
Original post by BMLFW
Hey, really messed mine up.

Q1 - I put about how the objectives allows them to achieve a competitive advantage and differentiate, helps to achieve to corporate objective and finally because it gives the workforce things to work towards etc

Q2 - marketing = successful because of increasing profits despite market value decreases

Unsuccessful = revenue is falling, missing opportunities, not following market conditions

Q3 = jumbled answer, said borrowing is good but a combination of debt and equity would be better

Q4 = rejected the proposal on the whole.

PLEASE someone tell me whether any of this would get marks (roughly) I need an A and I'm panicking

I wrote very similar to what you wrote! Hopefully these points are valid and they are lenient! I think even if I did this paper again, I would struggle!
Original post by shepherd018

payback 3years 1 month
arr 15.16%
gearing 41% before investment 50% after

hope thats right
Reply 287
Original post by shepherd018

Got 3 years 4 weeks for payback. 40% for ARR which is completely wrong and 41% for gearing i think. If they used 300 million gearing would be 50%
What did people get for gearing??
Original post by Turbo1
payback 3years 1 month
arr 15.16%
gearing 41% before investment 50% after

hope thats right

Yeah I'm certain payback and both gearing calculations are right.
But sounds like my ARR is very different to everyone elses! XD I got like 40% for it
Reply 290
I put 3 years 0.91 months for payback? Is that right
Reply 291
Original post by DannyMorris7
Yeah I'm certain payback and both gearing calculations are right.
But sounds like my ARR is very different to everyone elses! XD I got like 40% for it

I got 40% aswell for ARR and argued for it on the 34 marker so basically failed
Original post by Jt18976
I got 40% aswell for ARR and argued for it on the 34 marker so basically failed

Well assuming you showed some sort of calculation then it's fine, if you argue a wrong calculation as long as the theory is correct (the case you're making), you'll still be awarded marks. Hey, our ARR might even be right!
Reply 293
Original post by DannyMorris7
Well assuming you showed some sort of calculation then it's fine, if you argue a wrong calculation as long as the theory is correct (the case you're making), you'll still be awarded marks. Hey, our ARR might even be right!

I said that the ARR was good and payback was 3 years 4 weeks and market value would increase so it should be aacepted but opposite view was that it would have a bad effect on employees. Didnt have enough time to do the conclusion so hoping for 15/34
Well holy crap, that was absolutely diabolical, could only do 1 for 1 against, everything was vague, no predictions came up, some weird ass tables like priority wtf was that, timing was mad literally it go to the stage were I was like dam it it structure time, I panel'ed that ***** so hard
Any ideas of what grade boundaries would be like?
Reply 296
I didn't include any working out of ARR, Payback e.t.c. for Q3, how much will this effect me?
Original post by fxmi_
I put 3 years 0.91 months for payback? Is that right

Yeah thats the right answer
How did people argue a for point for q3? Found this very difficult
Original post by Swag98
I didn't include any working out of ARR, Payback e.t.c. for Q3, how much will this effect me?

tbh I'm not to sure how much this will affect you, but i know you get more marks for analysis, what did you write about out of interest??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending