The Student Room Group

History AQA Paper 2 How did we all find it?

How did we all find it?

I did Vietnam, Hitler's Germany and Weimar Germany. Defo didn't like the questions on Hitler's Germany, specially the one on how the war affected the German people. The Vietnam questions were beaut though!
Reply 1
I agree I did the same topics.

The effects of WW2 on the German people was horrible and I also found the effects of hyperinflation pretty gnarly too. There wasn't enough points for 8 marks or 6 marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
it was good tbh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by dilshard1
I agree I did the same topics.

The effects of WW2 on the German people was horrible and I also found the effects of hyperinflation pretty gnarly too. There wasn't enough points for 8 marks or 6 marks.

Same!! i felt i had nothing to write about and then got panicked. Out of curiosity what did you put for the propaganda question?
Reply 4
Original post by ProbablyJade
Same!! i felt i had nothing to write about and then got panicked. Out of curiosity what did you put for the propaganda question?

I talked about how it wasn't the main way he got to power. I wrote about Von Poppin and Hindenburg making Hitler Vice chancellor and then how he introduced the enabling law etc.

Then I spoke a little about how used fear and his witts. I also made reference to the propaganda- Hitler Youth, Mein Kampt

Also how there was the Great Depression and his views appealed to a lot of people. Then referenced the 6million unemployed to 500,000

There was some other stuff but I forgot 😅
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Time to revise for something useful, like Chemistry.
Reply 6
im sooo glad that history is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:
The Weimar question about Hyperinflation was an absolute gift!!!! I struggle so badly with History but this the exam as a whole was pretty decent! I also thought I did the Hitlers Germany, how the war effect civilians question pretty well! I think Race Relations in the USA, which is usually my strongest topic, was the worst! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D.SHA64
im sooo glad that history is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Original post by Cali8re
Time to revise for something useful, like Chemistry.

Me to!

Original post by dilshard1
I talked about how it wasn't the main way he got to power. I wrote about Von Poppin and Hindenburg making Hitler Vice chancellor and then how he introduced the enabling law etc.

Then I spoke a little about how used fear and his witts. I also made reference to the propaganda- Hitler Youth, Mein Kampt

Also how there was the Great Depression and his views appealed to a lot of people. Then referenced the 6million unemployed to 500,000

There was some other stuff but I forgot 😅

For propaganda i did..... 1. Hitler Youth 2. Joseph Goebbels - propaganda minister in 1929 - short and catchy slogans to target specific audiences 3. Hitler's charismatic speaking 4. Cheap radios
For not propaganda i did.... 1. Wall street crash poverty unemployment etc 2. The intimidation of people through the SA and the SS

I don't think i did very well....
Original post by bethanyjx
The Weimar question about Hyperinflation was an absolute gift!!!! I struggle so badly with History but this the exam as a whole was pretty decent! I also thought I did the Hitlers Germany, how the war effect civilians question pretty well! I think Race Relations in the USA, which is usually my strongest topic, was the worst! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good! I didn't like it much, worried about not getting the A*
Reply 10
What did people write for the 12 marker on Vietnam??
Original post by ProbablyJade
Me to!

For propaganda i did..... 1. Hitler Youth 2. Joseph Goebbels - propaganda minister in 1929 - short and catchy slogans to target specific audiences 3. Hitler's charismatic speaking 4. Cheap radios
For not propaganda i did.... 1. Wall street crash poverty unemployment etc 2. The intimidation of people through the SA and the SS

I don't think i did very well....

I got the similar/same points as you for this topic!
Original post by Farnosh

I said Operation Rolling Thunder and bombing of Ho Chi Minh Trail and talked about them a bit. It didn't say what bombing specifically so I talked about American bombing on Vietnam overall.

Then...

I talked about VC tactics (Strengths), US weaknesses and Public support and opinion for the other side of the argument.
Reply 13
Original post by Farnosh

I wrote about:

American Bombing
Vietnamese Guerrilla Tactics
US Tactics (search and destroy etc.)
the exam was pretty good, but yeah esp for the 6marker on hyperinflation i think i kept repeating myself cos i ran out of things to write :/
For the 12 marker on Vietnam, I think I might have got it wrong. I mentioned how the US bombing (ORT) failed due to the US having no knowledge of the Vietnamese land and how the Vietnamese realised this and used it to their advantage, and to disagree with it, I mentioned guerrilla warfare and media (how the US lost the hearts and minds of their people with their tactics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wall Street Crash and the Depression was a godsend! I never writ so much before for a 12 mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farnosh

Original post by dexterminate
For the 12 marker on Vietnam, I think I might have got it wrong. I mentioned how the US bombing (ORT) failed due to the US having no knowledge of the Vietnamese land and how the Vietnamese realised this and used it to their advantage, and to disagree with it, I mentioned guerrilla warfare and media (how the US lost the hearts and minds of their people with their tactics)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea thats what i did!

For: 1. Bombing - no effect because third world country 2. Lost hearts and minds Asymmetrical warfare 3. Wanted to fight a conventional war - no backup plan to fall onto so had to use counterinsurgency forces
Against: 1. The media - but because this was the previous question i didn't want to talk about it toooo much 2. Guerilla tactics - not adapted 3. Appointment of Diem - made all vietnamese think the americans were like him and therefore help the south 4. Search and destroy didn't work because the vietnamese hung onto the belts of the americans 5. Threat of nukes from Russia so didn't hit main targets - cold war

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending