The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL, Unit 4: Rates, Equilibria and Further Organic Chemistry. 14-Jun-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blazyy
I think that a pipette should be used because the volumes given were too small to be measured by a measuring cylinder.

Are you sure? 😥
Original post by AvWOW
That's what I got too, yes

How is it zero order? I got a straight line!! :frown:
Reply 122
Original post by Maria247
Are you sure? 😥

I'm pretty sure.
Can anyone confirm, just in case?
Reply 123
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
How is it zero order? I got a straight line!! :frown:

Straight line = Zero order
A straight line is first order only if you plot a graph of rate against concentration.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also did they ask to show the equivalence point on that ph curve btw? Like I just drew a curve with two vertical sections at 10 and 20 cm3 at the respective pka=ph values? Do you think that would be correct?
Original post by Blazyy
Straight line = Zero order
A straight line is first order only if you plot a graph of rate against concentration.

That was a rate concentration graph.
But 1000/ t is directly proportional to initial rate of reaction while volume of IO3- is directly proportional to concentration. SO technically it's like a graph of rate against concentration. Hence, it's first order. My teacher confirmed it after seeing the paper. :smile:
First stuff, the graph I drew is 1000/t against volume, '/' is missing in the table for 1000/t that I wanted to raise my hand to tell this mistake to invigilator, as the question provided that rate is proportional to 1/t, so you can think the vertical part is the rate of reaction. For the horizontal part, yes it's the volume of that ion, some past papes of this unit needed candidate to figure out volume can be 'imitated' to concentration if total volume is constant, so in overall the graph is like rate against concentration and I got a straight line through the origin, its first order. It's my opinion idk if it's correct
But 1000/ t is directly proportional to initial rate of reaction while volume of IO3- is directly proportional to concentration. SO technically it's like a graph of rate against concentration. Hence, it's first order. My teacher confirmed it after seeing the paper. :smile:

How did you meausre the volume? Using a pipette or measuring cylinder?
i wrote syringe.. since i thought pipette isn't allowed since it's used for sulfate ions or some sort... did sth like that in pastpapers im not sure
Original post by Maria247
How did you meausre the volume? Using a pipette or measuring cylinder?

Volume of what?
Volume of what?

Iodate(V)
I said syringe too.
Rhombic Sulphur entropy question? Although the equation said "S (Rhombic) + 3F2......", the data booklet suggests that Sulpher Rhombic generally consists as 8 Sulphur atoms. So do we multiply the molar entropy of S rhombic by 8?
It's just a few amount it added, below 10cm3, even if not pipette, it should be biurette but not measuring cylinder. I may be wrong though
Original post by Blazyy
It was 5 marks, I think you'll get 2 or 3. What about the nmr spectra of propanoic acid? It had 3 peaks right, 2 triplets and 1 quartet

Yer it had 3 peaks. But I think i ended up with one quadruplet, a triplet and a singlet o.O
Original post by Geethan
Rhombic Sulphur entropy question? Although the equation said "S (Rhombic) + 3F2......", the data booklet suggests that Sulpher Rhombic generally consists as 8 Sulphur atoms. So do we multiply the molar entropy of S rhombic by 8?

No for me
Original post by 12103763d
No for me

Lol wasnt for me either. A friend pointed this out to me. Hopefully its as wrong as Trump xD
How many marks if I accidentally draw the reverse titration curve ?? It was a stair but I drew it from bottom to top
Original post by Geethan
Lol wasnt for me either. A friend pointed this out to me. Hopefully its as wrong as Trump xD

Trump lol, he is suck too lolll

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending