Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Yeah it has to be two of M1, M2, D1, D2, S1, S2 :smile:

Yes but only in certain pairs succh as
M1 S1,D1 any combination. Or M1 M2 or S1 S2 or D1-2

Posted from TSR Mobile
the FP2 video is now available

*warning: very rude words*

[video="youtube;0yHJBUcwNfU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yHJBUcwNfU[/video]
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
yep 87/100 in C2, 5 100s in Maths, 4 100s in FM with a 95 and a 96 in FP3 and S3. Thing is Idek how my C2 went that bad, I looked at Arsey's solutions and should have lost like 6 raw marks total but lost many more..

I know how you feel :/ Thought Arsey was showing me a 95 in S1 but Edexcel thought it was 81
Original post by Student403
I know how you feel :/ Thought Arsey was showing me a 95 in S1 but Edexcel thought it was 81

Actually sort of had the same thing with FP3 as well, but then 95 is pretty damn good so it didn't exactly annoy me in the same way. I looked at TeeEm's answers and figured I should be on like 65 raw marks even being very pessimistic, giving 100 UMS but got 62 raw marks. I think it was because I didn't fully justify my proof of that stupid reduction lol
How many marks lost for a mistake on 2b collecting my n's together on the last line before final answer, leading to a wrong value of a and b. Assuming my method was correct until that point?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Actually sort of had the same thing with FP3 as well, but then 95 is pretty damn good so it didn't exactly annoy me in the same way. I looked at TeeEm's answers and figured I should be on like 65 raw marks even being very pessimistic, giving 100 UMS but got 62 raw marks. I think it was because I didn't fully justify my proof of that stupid reduction lol

Unlucky there :frown: Still 95 UMS I'd be over the moon with that :lol:
Original post by kelvin1338
Not necessarily.
Last year my modules sat in maths was C1 C2 M1, and further maths AS modules were FP1 D1 and D2

I completely flopped D1 (63/100 UMS). If they had just kept with those combinations I'd have got an high A in maths and B in further maths.

Thankfully Edexcel decided to put D1 towards my Maths, and M1 towards further maths, so that I just about got an A in both Maths and Further Maths for AS.

Okay thats great, just what i was hoping for!
Original post by Wsswilliamoxley
How many marks lost for a mistake on 2b collecting my n's together on the last line before final answer, leading to a wrong value of a and b. Assuming my method was correct until that point?

Hold on, how did you get the wrong answer then if all else was correct? All you did was collect up your n's?
Original post by taichingkan
Hold on, how did you get the wrong answer then if all else was correct? All you did was collect up your n's?

I can empathise with this. I find I do all the hard stuff easily but brush over the simple stuff and it normally costs me marks.

In past papers at least, in an exam I check everything I write about three times just to be sure xD
(edited 7 years ago)
I ended up with my a being 1 too large and my b being 1 too small... So I did all the method of difference correctly, got a common denominator and then just collected them incorrectly
what do you think 45/75 will be this year in ums?
why are people still commenting on this thread lol
Original post by Wsswilliamoxley
I ended up with my a being 1 too large and my b being 1 too small... So I did all the method of difference correctly, got a common denominator and then just collected them incorrectly

Oh okay then igy, lose at most M1A1 then :smile:
I want the actual exam questions paper for June 2016. Anyone to upload it?Thanks
Honest and realistic grade boundary predictions anyone?
Original post by kelvin1338
Honest and realistic grade boundary predictions anyone?

67 - A*
61 - A
54 - B
46 - C
39 - D

etc

Plus or minus 1 on all boundaries
Reply 2416
Where can I find the poll for this exam? @Zacken sorry to bring you back to this buy i'm dying to find it
Original post by Inges
Where can I find the poll for this exam? @Zacken sorry to bring you back to this buy i'm dying to find it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4150121
Original post by oinkk

Just seen this. Brilliant xD
How much UMS for 65/75

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending