The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethM98
that's good though well done:smile: i found the relationships question alright but i absolutely hated both the others so that's why I'm relying on unit 4 to pull my marks up haha

im sure you would have done fine! need low grade boundaries we all need them haha D:
Were you meant to use the range as well in the graph? Because I just did a bar chart with the median

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
OKAY i think i did too??!! like what did you find to be the observed value and critical value?

I found the observed value was the one they gave you (think it was 63? Can't remember tbh) and the critical to be eighty something I think as I looked across when N=23 :smile:
Original post by amehlia
nonono dont worry about it im sure the rest went fine!!! was just 3 marks i think my friend did exactly the same thing and forgot the acronym so just put 'use chi-squared' and she got an A* in the mock!

aha well im hoping it doesn't hinder my mark too much
does anyone know if there will be any unofficial mark schemes released?
Original post by charlie2466
I found the observed value was the one they gave you (think it was 63? Can't remember tbh) and the critical to be eighty something I think as I looked across when N=23 :smile:

YEAH it was something like 63<83 or something?
i did too! HATED ADDICTION SO MUCH! i hate tony too:frown:

I'm actually dreading results day. Didn't think psychology would be the subject letting me down 😭
I won't get the marks because I wrote Spearman's Rho...but I said it was ordinal because the data doesn't have a set gap between each one like it does with interval? One score could be 2.5 and another 3.4 then 2.7 so...oh man I suck at psychology :laugh::laugh:
My answers that i can remember on Research methods:

1. Anxiety scores will decrease after partaking in the anxiety management class
2. Design question; introduced myself, method, right to withdraw, confidentiality (think i missed out aims :/)
3. Reliability is how consistent something is
Internal validity refers to whether something measures what it is intended to
4. Methods of assessing internal validity;
- Content (explanation)
- Concurrent (explanation)
- Face (explanation)
5. Found data to be significant (explanation)

That is all i can remember aha, what does everyone think?
for schizophrenia is it ok if i explained clozapine in detail, so spoke about the fatal blood disease and how they bind to dopamine receptors and then pros and cons of the drugs. Then went on about drugs as a whole as i couldnt remember anymore drug names. I compared it to psychological therapies so cbt and explained that a holistic approach may be better and did a couple of IDAs in the conc. I DIDNT DO ANY STUDIES WILL I BE PENALISED HELP IM SO SCARED FOR RESULTS DAY BC PSYCH!!!!!!!

for media, is it okay for the evolutionary question to not mention studies but compare eea times to evolution so with gossip, attraction to creative people and wanting to follow a leader??

for RM, what did u guys put for the consent form and the hypothesis? funnily enough after struggling with RM all year, i think it was my strongest part!
I didn't know what reliability was...****ed up the graph...put test-retest for validity ....put "anxiety management technique will be more effective with girls" for the hypothesis...missed out like 3 questions...CAN SOMEONE KILL ME? I WAS PREDICTED A* ?!!!!
Reply 6191
Original post by Gezza_O'Brien
Were you meant to use the range as well in the graph? Because I just did a bar chart with the median

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did this too... Does anyone know if we will lose all 4 marks for not including the range?
Original post by andymharrison_
My answers that i can remember on Research methods:

1. Anxiety scores will decrease after partaking in the anxiety management class
2. Design question; introduced myself, method, right to withdraw, confidentiality (think i missed out aims :/)
3. Reliability is how consistent something is
Internal validity refers to whether something measures what it is intended to
4. Methods of assessing internal validity;
- Content (explanation)
- Concurrent (explanation)
- Face (explanation)
5. Found data to be significant (explanation)

That is all i can remember aha, what does everyone think?

Same as what I had done. Related the validity to the exam q. E.g. Concurrent - ask teacher for assessment on anxiety, compare to q's result.

For the design question, you were meant to write down that the child may or may not be part of the anxiety management as I forgot, and written down all of them will be apart of it. I reckon 4/5? Or could I still get full?
Original post by Lularose83
I'm actually dreading results day. Didn't think psychology would be the subject letting me down 😭

i totally agree.. ive messed up so much and the questions did not help at all.. oh christ :s-smilie:
Reply 6194
What kind of graph should have been used?
Original post by castielle
for schizophrenia is it ok if i explained clozapine in detail, so spoke about the fatal blood disease and how they bind to dopamine receptors and then pros and cons of the drugs. Then went on about drugs as a whole as i couldnt remember anymore drug names. I compared it to psychological therapies so cbt and explained that a holistic approach may be better and did a couple of IDAs in the conc. I DIDNT DO ANY STUDIES WILL I BE PENALISED HELP IM SO SCARED FOR RESULTS DAY BC PSYCH!!!!!!!

for media, is it okay for the evolutionary question to not mention studies but compare eea times to evolution so with gossip, attraction to creative people and wanting to follow a leader??

for RM, what did u guys put for the consent form and the hypothesis? funnily enough after struggling with RM all year, i think it was my strongest part!

Same :frown: I forgot the drug names too and I literally did like 2 a01 points for drug therapy and 1 ao1 point for ect... hope my a02 boots it :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
You know when you do a bar chart for the graph question aaah!!!

But oh well its aaaaall over now, good luck to everybody who sat all the exams - lets hope results day is a good one
Original post by izzy_hill
lool this is acc me tho, AQA are snakes guys we should have all taken a lesson from gender schema theory in psya3😂 i was so happy with the schizophrenia question. it's all finished though, we did the best we could!!

meeeee i left bio therapies until last in my revision of them because of predictions but last night and this morning something just told me to make sure i knew them so i focused on those and i'm so happy i did yass
i just did a bar graph but two bars for each condition, one for median and one for range
i totally agree.. ive messed up so much and the questions did not help at all.. oh christ :s-smilie:

I guess the only comfort is that the grade boundaries seem to be quite low for psych! 😬

Latest

Trending

Trending