The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone else have biol4 on thursday?
Original post by thehollowcrown
for this one i guessed last minute and said it had ionic bonding which is stronger than hydrogen bonding so the compound doesn't break down as easily. probably totally wrong had absolutely no clue

I said it was more vulnerable to hydrolysis and so the anaesthetic would ease off
Anyone care to make a Hitler video?!
Original post by OloMed
Yeah, it was easy though, end of Q3. Nah, only joking lol, relax

Du you gave me such a fright then XD
Original post by Boundless_x

Yah :-(((((((((

Is that OCR? If so, yes :smile:
Original post by muzzbuzzyhahaha
What did you write for
Why is lidocaine hydrochloride rather than lidocaine preferred to be used in medicine?

I said that lidocaine may undergo further substitution reactions to produce a quaternary ammonium salt, so could give an impure product. Could be wrong though.
Original post by Jojojuice
It was next to the O-H at 3000

the range for a c=o bond is 1680-1750 though and there wasn't a peak there

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM-INS-JUN15.PDF
Original post by _newbe
you can acidity it because acidifying it gets rid of in wanted ions if you put NaOH with AgNO3 that would of been no marks as they give the same the result

I said you can add HCN because HCl misty fumes will be formed
Reply 1089
Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! Just trying to forget about today and move on :frown:
Reply 1091
Original post by unspokenhorse
The ch3 on the left would have a different value of chemical shift, so this can't be the case, as the groups aren't equivalent.

Good point. Perhaps my correction was wrong..
I completely skipped over the fact that it had to be secondary or primary.. But I cannot see it being any other than a tertiary due to the number of peaks and the data given:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was pretty confident that the answer to the Cnmr question was 9..until I came on here.

mate, it is 9. Student room is a dangerous place to go straight after an exam.
Anyone get OH-CH2-CH2-C(CH3)2-O-CH3 for 9?
Fml i didnt realise it was an acyl chloride i thought it was a ketone and aldehyde.. Pricks fooled me
Original post by Scarly9
D is definetly 1 i had extra time and worked out k then put it into my own rate equation aha >_<

That's how I worked it out to be one! Two was fairly easily so I used a bit of trial and error!
Original post by Cadherin
I put AgNO3. If acidified, no marks.

Acidificed AgNO3 would work for the halogenoalkanes. However, if you don't acidify it, the acyl chloride would show a white precipitate and the Cl bonded directly to a methyl group wouldn't.

You don't get CE for acidified.

It's not in June 11 Q7(a)(ii) MS
Original post by ELCRE
Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it couldn't hurt, it was a very hard paper. But why was the stitches question unfair?
Original post by student277
Fml i didnt realise it was an acyl chloride i thought it was a ketone and aldehyde.. Pricks fooled me

same
Original post by ELCRE

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no point the stitches one is a suggest so it's meant to be hard and it was on the syllabus anyway because the answer was it hydrolyses and so can he removed post surgery

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending