The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scarly9
D is definetly 1 i had extra time and worked out k then put it into my own rate equation aha >_<

Yeah it was first order even though the numbers were so weird, all decimals
13459642_1058564247553795_169885398_n.jpg
Original post by unspokenhorse
The ch3 on the left would have a different value of chemical shift, so this can't be the case, as the groups aren't equivalent.

This is what I got :smile:
Grade boundaries Probably similar to last year so:
A*=85
A=78
Original post by SnackAttack33
The NMR question had this answer:

chem answer.png

how? The question said that when warmed with acidified potassium dichromate it went green, meaning it had can't be a tertiary alcohol

chem answer.png

It didn't that's a tertiary alcohol
Original post by Nancyeponine
There's no point the stitches one is a suggest so it's meant to be hard and it was on the syllabus anyway because the answer was it hydrolyses and so can he removed post surgery

Lol just hope they lower the grade boundaries
Original post by 1magicmo
13459642_1058564247553795_169885398_n.jpg
This is what I got :smile:

Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cowie
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465919833.201290.jpg This was the answer to the last question.. (I got it wrong and drew it as a tertiary alcohol:/
The integration value of 6 with the CH3 included the one on the left..)
How many marks would I loose for tertiary alcohol? I'd imagine 1 for not mentioning it having to be primary or secondary, 1 for wrong product and 2 probably for an error in my working that showed a segment of R-C(CH3)2OH..
So most likely -3/4 what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is the wrong structure. it would have a doublet and there was no doublet
Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths
Grade boundaries Probably similar to last year so:
A*=85
A=78

nah mate, just nah.
OMG GUYS I asked for extra paper in the exam and I wrote down all of my information except for the date !!! This paper had most of the questions on it!! :frown: :frown: What will happen??
Original post by PaddysChemistry
Anyone get OH-CH2-CH2-C(CH3)2-O-CH3 for 9?

Yeah well in Donny I got that too
Reply 1111
I only managed to get half way through the last question :frown: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anam
Okay so mine looked like this: ClCH2COCl+* = ClCH2O*(35Cl) + Cl*(37)

Probs wrong

I don't know, but if it works surely you should get some marks if not all?

chem answer.png

No it didn't that's a tertiary alcohol.

wooo
yes
Original post by ELCRE
Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Complaining will do nothing for you or anyone else. People complain every year. EVERYONE had to answer the same questions as you. Dont worry about it. They are testing your APPLICATION of the knowledge.
Im sure you did a lot better than you think. The questions were not too difficult if you new both past paper technique and a good all round knowledge.

Dont fret! LIfes too short :wink:

Good luck with anymore exams
Original post by tomharris15
I couldve sworn it was 8 peaks

Pretty sure it was 8 peaks..
What is the lowest the grade boundaries have ever been, and do you think this year will be lower than that ? (or at least 71 for the A or some crazy sh*t)
Anyone else here applied for medicine? Manchester specifically

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending