The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JennyMoorcroft
My friend wrote his structures in pencil, will the pencil pick up for marking?

Yes i got a copy of my f322 back and i had drawn in pencil and you could see it on the scanned image, i also did all mine in pencil so i really hope so
Original post by sfarquhar0
I found 2015 very decent. This was horrible for me :c
Had to cry my pain out. Bye bye to an A

I personally don't think the grade boundaries will be much higher. OCR's new tactic is to put seemingly easy questions, but there are loads of places where you can lose a mark from being a tiny bit careless. Loads of people walked out confident but when they started talking about it, they all realised they lost quite a few marks.
Original post by nicoleemmak
Yes i got a copy of my f322 back and i had drawn in pencil and you could see it on the scanned image, i also did all mine in pencil so i really hope so

It says in the front cover of the booklet that HB pencil may be used for diagrams, so it must be detectable
Original post by anndz3007
Untitled-1.png
this is what i did, it matched to formula so i think it's right

Same, should be correct hopefully
Original post by joe35678
how many peaks did the carbon nmr have, during the exam i didn't look at the question properly and said only 3 peaks so i said compound F was ch3ch2ch(oh)ch2ch3, how many marks would i lose out of 7.

I made the same mistake. If you got the carboxylic acid one correct and the correct ecf for the ester maybe minimum would be 2/7. I'd doubt more than 3.
Original post by Ula456
I thought one of the H's was adjecent to a carbon with no H's so producing a singlet.

Nope, it was adjacent to a CH3 group and a CH2 group. according to the N + 1 rule that would generate a sextet.
Original post by garlicbread23
help, i got compound F wrong, will i get ecf and max one mark deduction????

I hope so. In other past papers they gave error carried forward. Seems unfair if you don't get ECR considering the other 2 structures are based on F...
Original post by mattyk5
I put Nylon and use in fabric, not sure though

I know it was Nylon but I couldn't think of a use so I panicked and put e.g. Kevlar and said it's used to make crash helmets. I didn't know if it was Nylon specifically or polyamides in general
What did people get for the proton splitting table? Definitely got the peak area column right
Do you think they'll award marks for each correct column or for rows?
Who got what for the splitting patterns and the % yield one?
Where's the unofficial markscheme at???
Untitled-1.png

Completely forgot about this question, but i'm pretty sure that's what i got :smile:
hopefully we're right
Reply 2052
Original post by fghj1
Can the structure be CH3CH(CH3)CH(OH)CH3

Can someone help please?
Original post by adetutu
I know it was Nylon but I couldn't think of a use so I panicked and put e.g. Kevlar and said it's used to make crash helmets. I didn't know if it was Nylon specifically or polyamides in general

Kevlar contains benzene ring, its benzene-1,4-diamine + benzene-1,4-dioic acid
Untitled-1.png

Exact same thing I got but I did it in skeletal formula.... Ffs I'm actually really scared I won't get the mark for it now because I also ****ed up elsewhere in the exam and I can't afford any more **** ups. Not even a mark because these boundaries are going to be the highest ever IMO
Original post by cr7alwayz
What did people get for the proton splitting table? Definitely got the peak area column right

rows
Everyone's talking about how they got 2.66, Man like me got 26.6 (don't ask how lol). Probably lost about 4-5 marks though (hopefully:biggrin:)

Oh and how many marks was the one about nylon 6,6 and its uses?
Original post by adetutu

It asked for the TYPE of condensation polymer, so polyamide is the correct answer. If it were to ask for the NAME of the polyamide then nylon would have been acceptable...
Original post by cr7alwayz

Its done in rows i think in previous papers
Guys what's done is done
Leave it
Focus on your next exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending