The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone remember their answers for multiple choice?

I put DDDCADCDCBBAABBABBCA
Original post by RUNSran
Guys I used pencil for the graphs, i know this is obvious but is that going to be an issue in terms of scanning the papers ?

No, you are supposed to do graphs and diagrams in pencil
Original post by Whizbox
Anyone remember their answers for multiple choice?

I put DDDCADCDCBBAABBABBCA

How the heck do you even remember that
Original post by C0balt
yeah i know i meant id have a go at making one but not gonna bother trying to remember the questions lol

it is ln rate against 1/T I'm pretty sure

Original post by jess.olo
I wrote ln(rate) as well. they did give us an equation which said that. so it would make sense to make that 'y'. I think we'll be fine

Original post by Don Pedro K.
People were saying you use lnk where k is the rate constant :/ I used 1/K (K being temperature in Kelvin) for x axis and ln(1/time) for y axis :/ dunno if that's right.

Thank god! I completely messed up the titration graph (didn't label the equivalence points and first vertical section was non existent lol) and the nmr drawing so i was so worried!

what did everyone say for the effect of a slight increase in temperature on the value of total entropy?

Lol no i've not got that good of a memory, store them in stats mode on your calculator as A=1 B=2 etc

What are the chances that the mark scheme will be out by tonight.
So is that a yes or no?

Sick

You had to draw ln(rate) against 1/T i believe. lnK against 1/T isn't technically wrong, it works, but I don't think thats what the question was asking for. Think about it, you had a question asking which measurements should be taken - the answers to this was rate and temperature. Then they asked how to process the results. If they wanted us to plot ln K against 1/T, 1) they wouldn't have given the equation in terms of ln rate, 2) calculating K from the rate would be too much to ask
Original post by payet27
What are the chances that the mark scheme will be out by tonight.

Dunno we can make unofficial ones I think
Original post by sayshay
Thank god! I completely messed up the titration graph (didn't label the equivalence points and first vertical section was non existent lol) and the nmr drawing so i was so worried!

what did everyone say for the effect of a slight increase in temperature on the value of total entropy?

Wasn't it slight decrease?
Original post by C0balt
You had to draw ln(rate) against 1/T i believe. lnK against 1/T isn't technically wrong, it works, but I don't think thats what the question was asking for. Think about it, you had a question asking which measurements should be taken - the answers to this was rate and temperature. Then they asked how to process the results. If they wanted us to plot ln K against 1/T, 1) they wouldn't have given the equation in terms of ln rate, 2) calculating K from the rate would be too much to ask

YEssssssssssssssss ahhaha I hope we're right then *__*!!!
Guys for Unit 5, do we need to know how to produce Chromium (II) ethanoate. It comes up in the revision guide and text book but I've never been taught this...
Original post by C0balt
Wasn't it slight decrease?

Nah temp was increased slightly
Dunno we can make unofficial ones I think

ok, lets start bro, i have poor memory. can barely remember the multiple choice order...

-delta H/T and it was an endothermic reaction so slightly increase in termperature causes a slight increase in entropy of surroundings?

well wtf how did i manage to **** that up lol I'm illiterate jesus lol
i said decreasing temp slightly would make dS surroundings more negative so dS total would be less positive lmao
Original post by setarcos
-delta H/T and it was an endothermic reaction so slightly increase in termperature causes a slight increase in entropy of surroundings?

Ahhh crap. Yes you're right.
Reply 1176
I doubt we would have to do that! As for why we would need to two indicators, well one would be for the neutralisation of the first proton and one would be for the second proton. Methyl orange for example would be used for the first one, which occurs at a lower pH and then phenolphthalein for the second one :smile:

Lol, you doubted wrong unfortunately.
I think it's pretty unfair that when you were given the lnK equation to rearrange you needed to know some A2 maths in order to work with ln. Lost that mark for sure.
Original post by C0balt

I think doing ln (1/time ) on the y axis is ok isnt it as it proprtional to rate . Swear ive seen that in a past paper???
Original post by dj3k
Lol, you doubted wrong unfortunately.

Yeah lol XD

Quick Reply

Latest