The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

PLEASE can people start predictions for 4C I am so unprepared for that one
can someone summarise what i need to know for each topic like brief bullet points of which parts i need to know it confuses me so much
Original post by law123abc
what did it mean by political impact of affirmative action? like number of minorties now in congress?

Para 1: how it has impacted the Supreme Court and there are so many cases to do with AA, and I used like 3 examples

2: how it has created division between the political parties and males vote for republicans because they are against AA

3: this one was weak because I didn't know but I said the advantages/disadvantages and how it was created a more diverse federal government but I think this is wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used a similar structure as you for the parties 45 marker: Democrat and Republican views on three different policy areas then said if they overlap or not. My only worry is that I didn't say that there was significant overlap in any areas, so feel I may only have really looked at one side of it. How did you argue it?
Well done everyone, onwards to Thursday afternoon now!
Reply 325
Judiciary 45 markers for 4 papers in a row, seriously it can't appear again!?
Original post by Pato1
Judiciary 45 markers for 4 papers in a row, seriously it can't appear again!?

Tell us your predictions for unit 4, great prophet.
Reply 327
45 Markers for 4C:
Constitution/Congress/President
Reply 328
Original post by Pato1
45 Markers for 4C:

this is what I am also expecting but I certainly didn't expect political parties to come up today and it did! i think edexcel could surprise us lol.
Reply 329
Original post by nta786
this is what I am also expecting but I certainly didn't expect political parties to come up today and it did! i think edexcel could surprise us lol.

Yeah they got us real good on that one, luckily the 45's were actually really nice (imo). Probably the nicest set ever. 15's were quite good today but your knowledge had to be top
Original post by nta786
My first point was about immigration so they push towards Democrat, my second point was about how some have Christian views, and my third point I hadn't much clue so on the spot I talked about how Latinos are poorer than white counterparts so like the Democrat's view of increasing minimum wage! but that question wasn't very good :frown: i'm gonna forget the paper and move on now though- 4C here we come! :frown:

My frist point was on immigration and my second point was on christian views but do you think voter restrictions would be okay for a third point? didn't know what else to say!
Original post by Tezcatlipoca12

Caucuses I said they're not better than primaries. Although caucuses can lead to a greater level of knowledge from voters because of the debates which take place before the vote, caucuses are too advantageous to populist candidates like Bernie Sanders who's ideas would not work in political reality and more centrist and better candidates are disadvantaged like Clinton (I don't actually think this). Also talked about people being more educated anyway without the need for debate because of the excitement around primaries recently such as the Dem race in 08 and both races this year, people do their own research.

is it ok to do this when I think the question was asking for reasons why they were better?

Because I did the elitism meaning that only the educated vote, and the Iowa caucus being significant. Proper week points tbh but I wanted to argue that primaries were better, but thought I wouldn't get marks for writing stuff not strictly on topic

did anybody else in the world do the political parties question? Honestly have zero idea how it went. Wish the pressure group question was nicer, that one was horrid
which questions do you think for those topics? and the 15s?
Original post by Pato1
45 Markers for 4C:

Do you think an imperial presidency/ checks and balances/ broken branch for Congress can come up?
Original post by nta786
My first point was about immigration so they push towards Democrat, my second point was about how some have Christian views, and my third point I hadn't much clue so on the spot I talked about how Latinos are poorer than white counterparts so like the Democrat's view of increasing minimum wage! but that question wasn't very good :frown: i'm gonna forget the paper and move on now though- 4C here we come! :frown:

I wrote about immigration for my first point and christian views for the second but do you think voting restrictions would be okay for a third? As it literally restricted some from voting so it was the most fundamental influence ecT?
Original post by romaiseb
I said - Lobbying = elitism
- Propositions proposed by pressure groups can undermine minority rights
- Methods e.g. Illegal direct action

I paragraph on iron triangles, one on influencing elections and one on lobbying (revolving door and lack of reform)
Reply 336
Original post by MelissaaC
My frist point was on immigration and my second point was on christian views but do you think voter restrictions would be okay for a third point? didn't know what else to say!

why not, if you have explained how it influences the vote for a Latino then it certainly should be, sounds far better than my lame point of Latino's being poor!
:redface:
let's hope in both our cases that it is good :smile:
Original post by nta786
why not, if you have explained how it influences the vote for a Latino then it certainly should be, sounds far better than my lame point of Latino's being poor!

No your point sounds good!! Yes let's hope we get nice examiners!!
Original post by MelissaaC
Do you think an imperial presidency/ checks and balances/ broken branch for Congress can come up?

Broken branch would be amazing :crossedf::daydreaming:
For 45 predictions I have written down: Broken branch, imperial presidency and something about the constitution preventing effective government - all of these predictions are from this thread from various people :smile:
Original post by nta786

I just said that it literally restricted them from voting (gave examples of laws in Texas as a result of shelby vs holder) which swayed them towards the Democrats as they condemn these and then gave stats for them supporting democrats recently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending