The Student Room Group

GCSE History B 2016 (OCR)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Townart
What did people put for the message question about the cavemen?

I sed the explicit meaning is that women shuld stay home and talked bout private sphere and public sphere etc.

Implicit meaning the cartoonist is critiscing those against the votes as it says "prehistoric" so it is seen as an old ideology. The source is FOR the votes.

For my knowledge i talked bout suffragettes etc 1910-1913 violence etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ellamoon_22
I sed the explicit meaning is that women shuld stay home and talked bout private sphere and public sphere etc.

Implicit meaning the cartoonist is critiscing those against the votes as it says "prehistoric" so it is seen as an old ideology. The source is FOR the votes.

For my knowledge i talked bout suffragettes etc 1910-1913 violence etc

Yh I put that the idea that women should just stay at home is outdated.
Original post by hereiseverything
I put that it was for the vote, because the argument is outdated I think you could have put against though if you said it was tradition. It didn't say who published it so I think it's up to your own interpretation as long as you backed it up

I put the same as you, about the argument being old and how it lacks reasoning behind it. Let's hope we are right.
Reply 163
Hey do you think I'll loose marks for interpreting the caveman source the other way, like saying it was anti suffrage as it showed tradition and that there'd always be two separate spheres for a man and woman so these should remain. Really worried as nobody else said this so I think I'm wrong and I'll get no marks😕
Original post by Libby56
Hey do you think I'll loose marks for interpreting the caveman source the other way, like saying it was anti suffrage as it showed tradition and that there'd always be two separate spheres for a man and woman so these should remain. Really worried as nobody else said this so I think I'm wrong and I'll get no marks😕

U always get marks for the explicit meaning which is level 3/4

The in depth/higher meanig is level 5/6

So yes you will get marks
Original post by Libby56

Same- that's what I put too! Glad I've found someone else who did this too. I really worried 😧
For question E, would you say it was in favour of women's suffrage, because it shows the flaws in the opponents argument that they, "don't fight in wars"?
Original post by ellamoon_22
U always get marks for the explicit meaning which is level 3/4

The in depth/higher meanig is level 5/6

So yes you will get marks

How many marks is level 3/4 because I did this as well whoopsy. It's so irritating because I literally see it so clearly now :frown:. Oh well... also what do you think will be the grade boundaries?
Original post by Townart
For question E, would you say it was in favour of women's suffrage, because it shows the flaws in the opponents argument that they, "don't fight in wars"?

i said that the last source was for women's suffrage. I thought the ideas it showed were mocking and quite ironic. then I spoke about the land army and how women contributed a lo to the war
Original post by leopard923
How many marks is level 3/4 because I did this as well whoopsy. It's so irritating because I literally see it so clearly now :frown:. Oh well... also what do you think will be the grade boundaries?

How many marks was tbe source
Original post by ojmorgs
i said that the last source was for women's suffrage. I thought the ideas it showed were mocking and quite ironic. then I spoke about the land army and how women contributed a lo to the war

Same (not the land army part tho) i just sed they helped etc etc details
____
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Townart

yes and after that it said that age old lie
guys, what did you get for the similarities between the propaganda poster and the other one?
Original post by ChickenFillet2.0
I walked out of the exam with the question paper? Is that like bad.... Have I broken any rules. What should I do with the paper?

Lol how even.....no they dont know u have it the exam is over so they cant really do anything
Original post by XherdanXhaka
guys, what did you get for the similarities between the propaganda poster and the other one?

I put about the type of source- ones a poster the other a speech.
I put that they both are against votes for women.
Original post by Townart

I said it was against women's vote even though they contributed to the war effort.
Original post by Hiorns158
I put about the type of source- ones a poster the other a speech.
I put that they both are against votes for women.

Yeah, I think they are against too but I think they were unsimilar too because they were against for slightly different reasons? And how about the 'why it has been published' source?
Similar;- both against votes
-propaganda
-present women negatively

Different: -political propaganda vs poster the 1st wants to prevent them voting conservative (selfish gain)
Parliament vs organisation?
what did you put for Q5, about protecting women? Like wth...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending