The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by learner248
For the third one, I didnt know the words, but i understood what they were saying so i put, 'il n'y a pas souvent du soleil'

Will i get the mark?

I completely misspelt 'ensoleille' as I'd never heard the word before, but do you think I'd get a mark for putting something along those lines?
Original post by LanguageLover234
anyone got the answers to the listening environment question - the one about Germany and renewable energy?? So far I've got:

- derniere centrale nucléaire fermera dans 8 ans
- un quart
- weird that germany funds solar energy because 'c'est un pays peu ensolleille'
- both industries employ 100 000 people
- 50%
- 15 milliards euros
- le prix d'electricite a augmente de 30%

I think I'm missing the second one (b) ????

I put that the industries hire the same number of workers without mentioning 100,000 (despite hearing it). Do you think this will be okay?
Original post by rowntreepenguin
I put that the industries hire the same number of workers without mentioning 100,000 (despite hearing it). Do you think this will be okay?

No
Original post by LanguageLover234
anyone got the answers to the listening environment question - the one about Germany and renewable energy?? So far I've got:

- derniere centrale nucléaire fermera dans 8 ans
- un quart
- weird that germany funds solar energy because 'c'est un pays peu ensolleille'
- both industries employ 100 000 people
- 50%
- 15 milliards euros
- le prix d'electricite a augmente de 30%

I think I'm missing the second one (b) ????

I think the un quart said what percentage, i remember writing un quart then i put 25% next to it.
And I missed out the third one! Was going to come back to it but I ran out of time
Original post by ucsvle
The army of other countries used it, the dog doesn't have to come to the lab, they cloned dogs for the police, the scientists was Korean, the scientist had cloned embryos and the scientist had responded to the government and helped him (not sure if this last one is correct and even if it was an option but other 5 I'm confident on)

Thank you! I did better than I thought on that question.
Original post by Pablo Picasso
i said F

I said F too
No

No? That's really frustrating because I heard it said. I thought because it was a one mark answer you would only need 'one fact' to answer the question, and the reason they're similar is because they hire the same number.
Original post by avocadomash
When was pregnancy mentioned in the 2nd question? I thought it was that she was stabbed?
And the en ligne one, I also got un victime algerien

Yeah I put poignarde for sure I thought it was that
No

Yes the key word is autant! It just said a comparison not actual numbers
Original post by avocadomash
When was pregnancy mentioned in the 2nd question? I thought it was that she was stabbed?
And the en ligne one, I also got un victime algerien

It said 'une jeune femme, enceinte de trois mois' or something like that?

And I thought that originally, but then I think I heard the word 'drapeau algerien' and something about defacing it
Original post by rowntreepenguin
No? That's really frustrating because I heard it said. I thought because it was a one mark answer you would only need 'one fact' to answer the question, and the reason they're similar is because they hire the same number.

I agree, the point wasn't about hearing what number of employees they had, but hearing the next bit about it being the same for the windfarm place as well
Original post by EmyJ14
It said 'une jeune femme, enceinte de trois mois' or something like that?

And I thought that originally, but then I think I heard the word 'drapeau algerien' and something about defacing it

oh no :frown: 2 marks gone
Original post by learner248
For the third one, I didnt know the words, but i understood what they were saying so i put, 'il n'y a pas souvent du soleil'

Will i get the mark?

yes I'm sure you will! It still carries the same sense so I couldn't see why not :smile:
No

I definitely think you'll get the mark, I think they were looking for the 'comparison made between the two industries' and if you identified that they employ the same number of people then you answered the question
What was the question with 'eteindre'? Everyone on twitter saying they conjugated it wrongly - but i cant even remember it! What was the exact q someone please? :smile:
Original post by sophiehaddad
What was the question with 'eteindre'? Everyone on twitter saying they conjugated it wrongly - but i cant even remember it! What was the exact q someone please? :smile:

it was something like to turn off the light.. but I thought it was supposed to be in the infinitive.. so i’m unsure why everyone was conjugating it
Original post by lolarosi
it was something like to turn off the light.. but I thought it was supposed to be in the infinitive.. so i’m unsure why everyone was conjugating it

in order to save energy, we must turn off the light in a room or something
Original post by sophiehaddad

I think it was something along the lines of 'you can save energy by turning off the light when you leave a room', or something to that effect...

I put 'en éteignant' as I thought it should be in the present participle :smile:
How will you scale the exam?

1 couldn't have been easier
2 nothing whatsoever was challenging
3 easy paper
4 easy paper whilst still making us think
5 normal standard paper
6 normal standard paper, whilst making us think
7 hard paper
8 very hard
9 extremely difficulty
10 couldn't have been harder

6 or 7 i'd say.
Original post by ChloeGobell
I think it was something along the lines of 'you can save energy by turning off the light when you leave a room', or something to that effect...

I put 'en éteignant' as I thought it should be in the present participle :smile:

Did they give us the verb? (doubt they did!)
Everyone seemed to know the verb (including everyone in my class) but I had no idea!? I said something along the lines of 'de-allumer'...oops! :colondollar::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending