The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mypetpikachu
Oh no...just try and forget about...think about positive things...watch death note...not a very helpful one but yh...😇😇
(Sorry I'm not that good at consoling..but I tried...)...
Did something happen that's making u feel that way...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, try and read my massive paragraph that I put on this thread quite a while back. It will help you understand everything a bit better. I wanted to be very open with people on this thread. As I have grown to trust everyone, and treat you all like close friends. :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
OMG your such a great writer :smile: Wowee :smile: You should be an author or a journalist :smile:
Anyways, don't worry to much about what happened today and don't let it disturb you. It's the past and you can't do much about it now. You just have to forget it - it's not easy i agree but you have to let things like that pass by - it's life and we all have a difficult life. In order to suceed you have to forget about the past. Don't let it hurt you :biggrin: Positivity x

Now that's how u console...I can't (the only person who has probably been granted this (not)flaw...)...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ?Hannah
Yeah, try and read my massive paragraph that I put on this thread quite a while back. It will help you understand everything a bit better. I wanted to be very open with people on this thread. As I have grown to trust everyone, and treat you all like close friends. :smile:

Aww..thx...u won't ever lose that trust u hv in me....x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ?Hannah

If u don't mind me asking...what was the 'tornado'..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If u don't mind me asking...what was the 'tornado'..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read the big paragraph x
Original post by ?Hannah
Read the big paragraph x

Ohh..sorry...didn't read the previous post properly...I'll read it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ?Hannah
Think about my life metaphorically, as this would be the only appropiate way to discuss this on the site. My life used to be like a sturdy, brick house - strong, large, sheltered and happy. However, it was built on stilts. Over time the wooden stilts wore down slightly, causing the house (my life) to shake in the wind. The shakes representing the beginning of the tremendous issues.Then, a huge tornado came - demolishing the house and leaving it in ruins.
Then, I started building a shelter out of sticks (trying to build my life up again, with little 'resources' I had left,) it took time to put up each stick - afraid that part of my life would be ruined again. I was cautious, however the sticks did blow down occasionally - but I was closed off, almost ready to accept and experience those moments. Recently, the stick shelter has continued to be built, the surface is almost done. I recently thought about transferring it into bricks, really putting all of my emotion and regained happiness out there.
But, today another tornado came - demolishing that stick shelter. Now all I had gotten back in my life is demolished, all that I had built up towards. Honestly, seeing your life crumble before your eyes is awful. Having to go through that twice, when you have built everything up again - is horrendous.

This is amazing writing (im into english, poetry etc) wow

I get what u mean so MUCH i hope everything is alright:frown:
Original post by jamierogers21
It's okay but I didn't really like any of the topics we covered, my history still hasn't finished I've got my third and final one on the 21st:ciao:

Oh yhh I'm so forgetful haha! I got graphics on the 21st! :h: Same xxx Good luck for tht one too! You'll do amazing! :wink:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Oh yhh I'm so forgetful haha! I got graphics on the 21st! :h: Same xxx Good luck for tht one too! You'll do amazing! :wink:

Have u revised for graphics (i do it too Aqa) ??
Original post by ellamoon_22
Have u revised for graphics (i do it too Aqa) ??

Kind of yh, and oh cool, I do edexcel! :biggrin:
Original post by ?Hannah
Think about my life metaphorically, as this would be the only appropiate way to discuss this on the site. My life used to be like a sturdy, brick house - strong, large, sheltered and happy. However, it was built on stilts. Over time the wooden stilts wore down slightly, causing the house (my life) to shake in the wind. The shakes representing the beginning of the tremendous issues.Then, a huge tornado came - demolishing the house and leaving it in ruins.
Then, I started building a shelter out of sticks (trying to build my life up again, with little 'resources' I had left,) it took time to put up each stick - afraid that part of my life would be ruined again. I was cautious, however the sticks did blow down occasionally - but I was closed off, almost ready to accept and experience those moments. Recently, the stick shelter has continued to be built, the surface is almost done. I recently thought about transferring it into bricks, really putting all of my emotion and regained happiness out there.
But, today another tornado came - demolishing that stick shelter. Now all I had gotten back in my life is demolished, all that I had built up towards. Honestly, seeing your life crumble before your eyes is awful. Having to go through that twice, when you have built everything up again - is horrendous.

Oh, Hannah! I can't imagine how it must have felt! Im really sorry!

I think I know what you mean and your thoughts so i will try to console you. Firstly, i want you to go to your nearest mirror and look at yourself. What do you see? I want you to say this in front of the mirror: 'I'm worth it' , ' I will pursue my dreams of going to Oxford and I will not let anyone affect my chances'

I want you to know that you have gone through hard obstacles in your life. What do you learn from it? You learn that you are strong. Honestly, I admire you for this and I see you as a strong person due to this. People don't care anymore, who cares? They all just jealous and want you not to be successful. Don't let them get the satisfaction. Walk proudly with a smile! I know you can overcome this!

By the way, you are an amazing writer! Perhaps you should transfer your feelings into a book and the like to express yourself? This might help you deal with the situation.

I know I'm not the best of people when it comes to consoling but I hope it had helped you. Like Naruto says, ' I never run'. ( okay I just had to put that there):biggrin:
Original post by sahra30013
Oh, Hannah! I can't imagine how it must have felt! Im really sorry!

I think I know what you mean and your thoughts so i will try to console you. Firstly, i want you to go to your nearest mirror and look at yourself. What do you see? I want you to say this in front of the mirror: 'I'm worth it' , ' I will pursue my dreams of going to Oxford and I will not let anyone affect my chances'

I want you to know that you have gone through hard obstacles in your life. What do you learn from it? You learn that you are strong. Honestly, I admire you for this and I see you as a strong person due to this. People don't care anymore, who cares? They all just jealous and want you not to be successful. Don't let them get the satisfaction. Walk proudly with a smile! I know you can overcome this!

By the way, you are an amazing writer! Perhaps you should transfer your feelings into a book and the like to express yourself? This might help you deal with the situation.

I know I'm not the best of people when it comes to consoling but I hope it had helped you. Like Naruto says, ' I never run'. ( okay I just had to put that there):biggrin:

Hmmm....I agree...I write it down...or I just tell someone...even if they don't wanna listen..lol..
Great reference...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I try but i can barely do it 😁😁 Face to face i can't even do it. Lol 😂😂
Guys do you think writing a personal story (something that actually happened) on my English Lang exam would be something bad? I'm kinda freakint out now (my exam was 3 weeks ago or so, but it just got to my mind now).
I didn't do it on purpose, I guess it was done subconciously.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars

How are you so sure I'm going to do well:colondollar:xx
Original post by 3acetoneperoxide
I don't think they're that much harder, I only did my GCSEs two yeas ago, got 11A*s 2As and a B, some of which were only with a days revision. If you have to revise that much for GCSEs then A levels are gonna hit you hard- I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic.

Amazing grades - how did you have time to do 14 GCSEs? I do 11 and I think that's the most anyone does at my school...
At the end of the day, I'm gonna be a lot more confident going into exam knowing I've done a lot of revision...small amounts of revision work for some and not others! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mac117
Guys do you think writing a personal story (something that actually happened) on my English Lang exam would be something bad? I'm kinda freakint out now (my exam was 3 weeks ago or so, but it just got to my mind now).
I didn't do it on purpose, I guess it was done subconciously.

Nope...it won't matter..I mean the examiner doesn't know that or u...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamierogers21
How are you so sure I'm going to do well:colondollar:xx

I get a vibe from everyone I meet you see, LOL Ik it's weird, but yh LOOL x :biggrin:
Nope...it won't matter..I mean the examiner doesn't know that or u...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some personal details are present though...
Original post by Mac117
Some personal details are present though...

Yh but they won't come tracking u down...they need to get on with marking other papers as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending