The Student Room Group

UK European Referendum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trill
Is there a way to remain but not become the United States of Europe, because that sounds horrific.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm talking about 150 years time when we're all dead
[video="youtube;dQY2CHx4d3U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQY2CHx4d3U[/video]
Original post by Trill
Is there a way to remain but not become the United States of Europe, because that sounds horrific.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well, let's consider some things
the european steel and coal community turned into the EU in only a few decades
why would you assume that this trend towards ever closer union isn't going to continue?
we've gone from a small customs union involving only a couple of western european countries to a political confederacy in this time
why would you assume it *wasn't* going in the direction of a united states of europe? the commission have actually voiced their ambitions to turn the EU into this very thing
think I'm joking?:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10559458/We-want-a-United-States-of-Europe-says-top-EU-official.html
Original post by ckfeister
Yes its democratic because they treat all countries fair, why should UK make the laws and not other countries?

Perhaps because the UK is a country and the others are not a part of it?
Original post by Jammy Duel
Perhaps because the UK is a country and the others are not a part of it?

So UK is better than them all? No...
yes

then you're a coward. You just be ruled by Brussels. I want only the British people to decide for the British people.
Original post by RoyalMarine
then you're a coward. You just be ruled by Brussels. I want only the British people to decide for the British people.

British? Who said we'll be British if we leave? You mean English people to decide for English people?
Yes its democratic because they treat all countries fair, why should UK make the laws and not other countries? Its meant to bond EU together from its voilent past.

Don't be so selfish, its a union for a reason.

they don't,it's clearly a German centric rule.The EU has nothing to do with peace,it was NATO and the USA that brought peace. This EU is an enemy for peace as it encourages extremist parties among disappointed people like in Austria.The far right tops polls because voters are angry with the EU
British? Who said we'll be British if we leave? You mean English people to decide for English people?

you want Sheauble to decide for you then vote remain.Albanian and Turkish immigrants thank you for that
Reply 49

Welsh and Scots can also vote

yes the UK is better than lots of them
Voting to stay, however I would like for the remain campaign to have been a tad more creative than resorting to mindless scaremongering and elitist snobbery. It's been very low energy from our side.

Most of them, certainly, but if one wishes to live under a continental system of government why not head there, you'll miss pur system after a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;o9Hd8gUzjRk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Hd8gUzjRk[/video]
60/40 for remain to win do you think so??
Original post by Numero Uno
60/40 for remain to win do you think so??

Within 1pc either way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know about you guys but found that result quite surprising, very close though and we are better out, we will have troubles yes, job loss, businesses will fall although businesses have been for years now such as BHS, Woolworths and Comet. We should be better in the end. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending