The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM4 discussion/unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

electrophile same structure as the fragment ion?
Original post by M-AC3
Can you retake chem 4 next year??

You can, another TSR user emailed AQA to confirm you can still retake the legacy a-levels next year and they emailed back saying yes but it's the last time next year
Original post by logicmaryam
hey guys im updating the answers as i go along. please let me know if you know the order or marks or answers haha

You know the one about the origin of the stereosiomers?

Could you just say optical isomers?
Original post by Chaouki
Easiest paper ive ever seen, i really dont see the problem, if any of you need help just dm me, i reckon i got 100% on this, maybe dropped 1 or 2 method marks

Original post by Ben_Clare
I agree, i dont understand how it was harder than any other past paper.

You two must have IQ's over 900 or something :tongue:
Reply 64
its over 9000!
Original post by yung7up
No just trolls lol slight difference

Yung own is?
I'd say it was harder than any other chem4 paper, was getting 90+ easy on all of the past papers and I think I would have got an A* in this one too but ofc the thing i'm absolutely terrible at comes at the end for 9 marks, not even sure if I got an A in this paper now i'm pretty sure I lost 7/9 marks in that last question and who knows how many marks lost from random questions here and there.

I think the grade boundaries will definitely be lower than last year, 84/100 for A* 77/100 for A? that seems semi-fair.
-How many different carbon peaks in some compound? (1)

Draw how hydrogen bonding works (1??)

N-H - - - - - - - - - - - O=C
Original post by lamis.97
I got 1.2 too, i think 3.33 was for another question

Yeah 1.2 for the salt/acid and 3.33 for something else to do with Ka

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay Fearn
I'd say it was harder than any other chem4 paper, was getting 90+ easy on all of the past papers and I think I would have got an A* in this one too but ofc the thing i'm absolutely terrible at comes at the end for 9 marks, not even sure if I got an A in this paper now i'm pretty sure I lost 7/9 marks in that last question and who knows how many marks lost from random questions here and there.

I think the grade boundaries will definitely be lower than last year, 84/100 for A* 77/100 for A? that seems semi-fair.

i think it will be like 82-4 for an A* , coz it is usually 85-88 for the minimum of an A*
Reply 70
You know the one about A or B being protonated i put B and said at A the lone pair on the N is delocalised into the ring/interacts with the delocalised electrons so N is less available for bonding (negative inductive effect) is that right
For q8a i said NaOH aqueous and heat, but didn't mention reflux :frown:( Did you have to say reflux or is heat enough?
Original post by SubwayLover1
You know the one about the origin of the stereosiomers?

Could you just say optical isomers?

mmm i dont think so :frown:
Original post by cutelady
Yeah 1.2 for the salt/acid and 3.33 for something else to do with Ka

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you guys do Ka divided by [H+] for that? Cuz in the equation Ka/[H+] = [A-]/[HA]

I worked out the remaining HNO3 after reaction then just worked out the conc of hno3 after and used that as [H+] would this be wrong?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mhassen1997
-How many different carbon peaks in some compound? (1)

Draw how hydrogen bonding works (1??)

N-H - - - - - - - - - - - O=C

i got the same thing:biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by Emad1993
What did u tick for number of carbon environment??

hey chap, i ticked 9
Original post by logicmaryam
mmm i dont think so :frown:

it was only 1 mark? I just said they are optical isomers of each so are mirror images?
Original post by shiney101
For q8a i said NaOH aqueous and heat, but didn't mention reflux :frown:( Did you have to say reflux or is heat enough?

the text book just said boil it with NaOH , i don`t think it needs to be in reflux
Reply 78
Original post by yung7up
No just trolls lol slight difference

whatever you say, chap.
Original post by shiney101

ii think it mentioned apart from heat - sorry about it and wondering and i think you needed dilute naoh

Quick Reply

Latest