The Student Room Group

WJEC French FN4 - 14th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loinducoeur
Did you do that last year? My school doesn't let you, and they have their own headphones they give us. We all have to check that the ones given work first, before we start the exam.

I can't remember :/ We were provided with earphones but I can't remember if we were actually allowed to use our own if we want. I can imagine not because we could have like techy earphones with answers in but hey I can only ask :h: Doesn't really matter bcos the listening is literally only worth 5 marks which I'm kind of guaranteed (I always get 5/5 bcos it's essentially just hearing French and translating to English which I have to do all the time anyway when I hear french, naturally)
Original post by rileystringer1
I can't remember :/ We were provided with earphones but I can't remember if we were actually allowed to use our own if we want. I can imagine not because we could have like techy earphones with answers in but hey I can only ask :h: Doesn't really matter bcos the listening is literally only worth 5 marks which I'm kind of guaranteed (I always get 5/5 bcos it's essentially just hearing French and translating to English which I have to do all the time anyway when I hear french, naturally)

True! I'm disappointed that it's only worth 5 though :/ I wish it was more!
True! I'm disappointed that it's only worth 5 though :/ I wish it was more!

Same!! If only the reading was worth less :lol:
Original post by rileystringer1
Same!! If only the reading was worth less :lol:

The marks distribution should be more like last years, to be honest :lol:
Haven't literally revised for this exam whatsoever...like ZERO 😭
Original post by patricio_miguel
Haven't literally revised for this exam whatsoever...like ZERO 😭

Pretty much same lol
I really did not like the second part of the reading 😭
Reply 47
Original post by aysha_aamer
I really did not like the second part of the reading 😭

Same it was horrible tbh
I thought the translation was easier than some previous ones?
Original post by ciarasimpson29
I thought the translation was easier than some previous ones?

Yeah, I think without the reading text it might've come across as harder though. Our invigilator speaks French and she thought the translation was quite hard, but she hadn't seen the folder.
Very true! It does help when you can lift things straight from the resource folder.

Yeah, I think without the reading text it might've come across as harder though. Our invigilator speaks French and she thought the translation was quite hard, but she hadn't seen the folder.
All in all it was a nice exam :smile: I got "s'avérer être" in the Les Choristes essay and that's all I wanted from that exam :lol:
What answers did people get for the listening?
What the hell was listening about????? I felt like leaving the exam hall...

I put - every day
-they do it to effectuate orders haha
-people can earn from e-crime now
-people seek professionals so children can't hack these systems?
-real money replaced with bitcoins
Original post by patricio_miguel
What the hell was listening about????? I felt like leaving the exam hall...

I put - every day
-they do it to effectuate orders haha
-people can earn from e-crime now
-people seek professionals so children can't hack these systems?
-real money replaced with bitcoins

I 100% agree that was the worst listening there has been, lucky it's only 6 marks!

I put:
- Everyday
- New technologies make them easier to hack?
- They take over the computers
- People can make money from hacking
- You need laundering equipment so professionals who has the equipment do it rather than children
- They are sold with bitcoins which is a volatile currency
I second the difficulty of the listening!

But my answers were pretty similar:
- Every day
- They use new technologies which are more advanced
- They order things online
- People know they can make money from online crime
- They need to be professionals as much large sums of money are involved
- The money is virtual thus is volatile
I second the difficulty of the listening!

But my answers were pretty similar:
- Every day
- They use new technologies which are more advanced
- They order things online
- People know they can make money from online crime
- They need to be professionals as much large sums of money are involved
- The money is virtual thus is volatile

Oh that's reassuring haha. I found the 1st article alright except for the question about the tree things which confused me. The 2nd article was a mess imo, just couldn't tell what it was referring to half the time xD

How did everyone find the translation?
Yeah I know what you mean about the trees! I put that the authorities would help by collecting the trees from certain pick up points and disposing of them? Or something along those lines haha.

I always find the reading so hard, not because I don't understand the texts, but as I can't figure out what the question is actually asking for! But I feel like it didn't go as bad as it could have done; the second text was actually interesting I thought!

I thought the translation was okay too! Quite surprised there was no subjunctive though? (Praying you're not going to tell me I needed the subjunctive)

Original post by Swifty139
Oh that's reassuring haha. I found the 1st article alright except for the question about the tree things which confused me. The 2nd article was a mess imo, just couldn't tell what it was referring to half the time xD

How did everyone find the translation?
Yeah I know what you mean about the trees! I put that the authorities would help by collecting the trees from certain pick up points and disposing of them? Or something along those lines haha.

I always find the reading so hard, not because I don't understand the texts, but as I can't figure out what the question is actually asking for! But I feel like it didn't go as bad as it could have done; the second text was actually interesting I thought!

I thought the translation was okay too! Quite surprised there was no subjunctive though? (Praying you're not going to tell me I needed the subjunctive)

Yeah was all a bit odd idk

I didn't notice any subjunctive although I forgot to put de Noel for Christmas tree xD I didn't know what to put for 'on Christmas' either so I just went with 'le Noel'?

Do the last sentence ('for food that you haven't eaten') -> 'Pour la nourriture que vous n'aurez pas mangée?
Original post by Swifty139
Yeah was all a bit odd idk

I didn't notice any subjunctive although I forgot to put de Noel for Christmas tree xD I didn't know what to put for 'on Christmas' either so I just went with 'le Noel'?

Do the last sentence ('for food that you haven't eaten':wink: -> 'Pour la nourriture que vous n'aurez pas mangée?

I put that tense for the last sentence too!! Think that would have tripped most people up though, although i forgot the second 'E' on mangée I think😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending