The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

What if I miss my offer for UCL?

Okay so Ive had 4/8 of my exams so far and 2 of them have been a disaster and 2 have been decent.
My offer to study pharmacy at UCL is AAA.
I predict for biology I will get A
Chemistry B
English A

My predicted grades were AAB even before I applied to uni but they still gave me that offer. Does UCL tend to give leeway to people who miss their offer by a grade or two? Does anyone have experience in this?
Original post by aladdin818
Okay so Ive had 4/8 of my exams so far and 2 of them have been a disaster and 2 have been decent.
My offer to study pharmacy at UCL is AAA.
I predict for biology I will get A
Chemistry B
English A

My predicted grades were AAB even before I applied to uni but they still gave me that offer. Does UCL tend to give leeway to people who miss their offer by a grade or two? Does anyone have experience in this?

Why worry about this now? The only thing you've got any control over is how you perform in your last four exams. If you absolutely insist on guessing whether a particular uni may or may not be lenient with an offer (which no-one here can say with any certainty) do it after your exams are done. Good luck.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan2012
Why worry about this now? The only thing you've got any control over is how you perform in your last four exams. If you absolutely insist on guessing whether a particular uni may or may not be lenient with an offer (which no-one here can say with any certainty) do it after your exams are done. Good luck.

I know but I can't help but to worry obviously :/ after my performance in 2 of the exams... Im just wondering how the final papers will be like. But you're right. I will try for the last 4 exams just a bit panicky.
I am having a similar problem... I applied for Information Management for Business which has a BTEC requirement of 3 Distinctions and I have already achieved 3 D* and I am predicted an A in Media Studies which i sat last week. They rejected me even though I exceeded their requirements and I know people from my college who got into the same course with worse grades. So my plan is to do UCAS Adjustment as I will most likely exceed my firm choices grade requirements (Goldsmiths - DDD In Business & B in Media) in the hope that Information Management has vacancies and I can reapply for UCL through that method but im worried they wont have vacanies and I really want to go there
They will probably let you in. Unis often give high offers but many do take students even when they dont meet the offer.
Reply 5
Original post by wayohazardz
I am having a similar problem... I applied for Information Management for Business which has a BTEC requirement of 3 Distinctions and I have already achieved 3 D* and I am predicted an A in Media Studies which i sat last week. They rejected me even though I exceeded their requirements and I know people from my college who got into the same course with worse grades. So my plan is to do UCAS Adjustment as I will most likely exceed my firm choices grade requirements (Goldsmiths - DDD In Business & B in Media) in the hope that Information Management has vacancies and I can reapply for UCL through that method but im worried they wont have vacanies and I really want to go there

Always worth trying mate, maybe they might just with luck have a spare space.
Original post by Windies
Always worth trying mate, maybe they might just with luck have a spare space.

Yeah im really hoping that they do
I know that UCL has a university wide policy that they won't take people with a grade lower than a B, eg. if your offer was AAA and you got A*A*C you would still be rejected although A*AB may be okay.
Reply 8
My offer in A*AA, maths is requested A*. I think that I can achieve A* in further maths, A in Maths, another A in physics.

I predict that my C4 perhaps is a little lower than my request, but I predict that total maths should be over 500 marks.

Shall UCL still accept me?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CorianderDay
I know that UCL has a university wide policy that they won't take people with a grade lower than a B, eg. if your offer was AAA and you got A*A*C you would still be rejected although A*AB may be okay.

How do you know this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending