The Student Room Group

S1 Help Please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Glavien
Ohhh, that took me a while too understand. Thanks for that.

No problem.
Original post by Glavien
Ohhh, sorry about that, I was doing P(1 and 1) P(3 and 3) P(5 and 5) twice by mistake. Thank you!! :smile:

May I just add in (it's two weeks old but..) you could just find the probability that it is odd (so add P(x=1) + p(x=3) + p(x=5)) and then square it and get the same result. So you get (0.62)^2 = 0.3844. It's a bit quicker than finding all the potential ones!
Reply 62
Original post by iMacJack
May I just add in (it's two weeks old but..) you could just find the probability that it is odd (so add P(x=1) + p(x=3) + p(x=5)) and then square it and get the same result. So you get (0.62)^2 = 0.3844. It's a bit quicker than finding all the potential ones!

Yes, he's aware of that. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Yes, he's aware of that. :tongue:

Ahhh my bad! Didn't fully read everything! :tongue:
Reply 64
Ahhh my bad! Didn't fully read everything! :tongue:

No problem, he also just asked the same question that you asked about Jan 2016 Q2(f). :lol:
Original post by Zacken
No problem, he also just asked the same question that you asked about Jan 2016 Q2(f). :lol:

Yep I just saw! I still don't fully get it though, hence another response on the other thread :wink:
Reply 66
Yep I just saw! I still don't fully get it though, hence another response on the other thread :wink:

Ah, alright. :lol:
Hi, do we include the outlier in calculations?
Reply 68
Original post by THESTRESS
Hi, do we include the outlier in calculations?

No? Your post has no context and thus doesn't have a reasonable reply. Plus, you'd be better off posting this in another thread.

Quick Reply

Latest