The Student Room Group

Which One

So in my schools sixth form, you need an a* in english lang or lit to do economics at a level, which I want to do, now, if I did GCSE economics would this compensate if I got a high mark in it?
Also what is easier - mandarin chinese or japanese gcse
Original post by frankielogue
So in my schools sixth form, you need an a* in english lang or lit to do economics at a level, which I want to do, now, if I did GCSE economics would this compensate if I got a high mark in it?
Also what is easier - mandarin chinese or japanese gcse

For your first point - possibly, but why is there such a high requirement? An A or B in either of the English GCSEs would be fine for economics at most schools. Talk to your sixth form about it.

For the second - it depends. Mandarin grammar is easier than Japanese, but Mandarin speaking is (in my opinion, having studied both) harder to sound proficient in, and Mandarin doesn't have the basic alphabet (kana) that Japanese has. Also, which one are you likelier to work harder at, or are interested in? Do you like Chinese talk shows or anime? Can you figure out which one you're going to put more effort into? Both are really great languages (my bias is towards Japanese, though), and an individual would benefit from the study of either.
i'm at a high performing grammar school
and i've done japanese before so i've that advantage however I find chinese grammar and speaking easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest