The Student Room Group

WJEC French FN4 - 14th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauren_sadler27
I put that tense for the last sentence too!! Think that would have tripped most people up though, although i forgot the second 'E' on mangée I think😭😭

Ooooh thank god haha, yeah it's PDOP I think. All in all seeing as I was aiming for an A*, I think the boundary with be 81/82
Think I put à Noël for Christmas? (saw it in the text)

I can't even remember the last sentence haha, what was the rest of the sentence?

Original post by Swifty139
Yeah was all a bit odd idk

I didn't notice any subjunctive although I forgot to put de Noel for Christmas tree xD I didn't know what to put for 'on Christmas' either so I just went with 'le Noel'?

Do the last sentence ('for food that you haven't eaten':wink: -> 'Pour la nourriture que vous n'aurez pas mangée?
Original post by Swifty139
Ooooh thank god haha, yeah it's PDOP I think. All in all seeing as I was aiming for an A*, I think the boundary with be 81/82

I'm sure you'll have done great! I'm aiming for an A but not sure whether I'll have got it :/ is that your boundary prediction for the A*? What is it out of again I've completely forgotten! I found the listening horrific but apart from that I thought I did ok?? Hopefully 😂
I put simply "que vous n'avez pas mangé"

"Vous n'aurez pas" = you will not have

+ how did you guys translate "supposed to"? I put "vous DEVRIEZ"
I'm sure you'll have done great! I'm aiming for an A but not sure whether I'll have got it :/ is that your boundary prediction for the A*? What is it out of again I've completely forgotten! I found the listening horrific but apart from that I thought I did ok?? Hopefully 😂

Yeah I think people will have found the translation quite nice (I realise my silly mistake now) could be a tad lower, i'd say maybe 72 for an A? I only need an A but i've put so much effort into French this year and I love it, I just want the A* to do the language justice haha. My essay was dreadful though oops.
Original post by patricio_miguel

I put 'vous n'aurez pas mangé' for the last sentence and yes I put 'vous decries' for supposed to! How did you differentiate between 'New Years' and 'New Years day' or whatever it was?
Reply 66
I put 'vous n'aurez pas mangé' for the last sentence and yes I put 'vous decries' for supposed to! How did you differentiate between 'New Years' and 'New Years day' or whatever it was?

that's what i was thinking omg, i was just about having a crisis thinking i'd put the wrong answer :'D (well i put 'qu'on n'a pas mangé but still ... i did change for vous for the sentence before though, because it seemed like a command directly to the reader .. do you think i'll lose marks for using on/vous even if they were both in different sentences? ;()

(also, in the future 'n'aurez pas', why would we need the extra 'e' on mangé? since it's avoir right o:?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah I said 'que vous n'avez pas mangée' too!

And I said 'vous devriez' as well.

Think you need the extra 'e' as the que makes it act like a direct object pronoun (that's what I was taught anyway haha) and nourriture is feminine :smile:

Original post by libaax
that's what i was thinking omg, i was just about having a crisis thinking i'd put the wrong answer :'D (well i put 'qu'on n'a pas mangé but still ... i did change for vous for the sentence before though, because it seemed like a command directly to the reader .. do you think i'll lose marks for using on/vous even if they were both in different sentences? ;_:wink:

(also, in the future 'n'aurez pas', why would we need the extra 'e' on mangé? since it's avoir right o:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Phewww! I was scared because the next line was "la vie devrait être plus facile..."
Original post by libaax
that's what i was thinking omg, i was just about having a crisis thinking i'd put the wrong answer :'D (well i put 'qu'on n'a pas mangé but still ... i did change for vous for the sentence before though, because it seemed like a command directly to the reader .. do you think i'll lose marks for using on/vous even if they were both in different sentences? ;()

(also, in the future 'n'aurez pas', why would we need the extra 'e' on mangé? since it's avoir right o:?)

Unfortunately you will lose some marks for using on/vous :frown: the mark scheme states you can use tu/vous/on but they must be used consistently throughout x
Reply 71
Original post by ciarasimpson29
Think you need the extra 'e' as the que makes it act like a direct object pronoun (that's what I was taught anyway haha)

oh, right, we never did learn direct object pronouns very well :colondollar: thank you for teaching me something new! (even though i never have to do french again ... ehehe)
Reply 72
Unfortunately you will lose some marks for using on/vous :frown: the mark scheme states you can use tu/vous/on but they must be used consistently throughout x

ohhhh rats ;_; thank you! let's just hope i did alright on the rest of it hahaha
Haha no problem! Sorry it didn't come sooner :P
Original post by libaax
oh, right, we never did learn direct object pronouns very well :colondollar: thank you for teaching me something new! (even though i never have to do french again ... ehehe)

La journée de Nouvel An! Had no clue whatsoever haha.

Anyone wants to share their answers for the reading section? I was so thrown off...felt like they were asking the same questions lol? The one about Madagascar? I put that it helps to cease any prejudice that people might have toward les handicapés...
Original post by libaax

Sorry my phone autocorrected that, just to clarify yes I did put vous devriez 😂 I didn't think I needed the extra 'E' tbh but I guess I could be wrong I don't know :frown: umm i know you're supposed to be consistent but the thing about French is, whilst they have a mark scheme to follow, often it's entirely subjective to the examiner! I was told that if you out five different examiners in the same room with the same translation, you'll get 5 different copies! So who knows really :smile:
How did people translate which bin to throw their rubbish in?
I think I put something along the lines of "la poubelle dans laquelle on devrait jeter ses déchets" but I'm not sure :frown:
They pissed me off with that quatrième Etc lol i put "un bac à verre" ?
Original post by aysha_aamer
How did people translate which bin to throw their rubbish in?
I think I put something along the lines of "la poubelle dans laquelle on devrait jeter ses déchets" but I'm not sure :frown:

That's grammatically correct and i'm sure the MS will give lots of options. I put 'Dans quelle poubelle il faut jeter vos déchets'
Knowing the WJEC aka the Trump of the Trumps mark scheme ...ill get 0 for reading/comprehension 🙄 Last year I got 3/19 LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending