The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlie2466
Provided you gave sufficient detail on drugs you can still get full marks :smile:

You just made me feel a whole lot better:wink:
Original post by moeshaaodonkorr
No, I did exactly the same = antipsychotics only. The question said 'one or more', so as long as our answers were detail-rich, we're good! I've heard that about ECT as well, and I got taught to write an essay without it soo ya :smile:

Whew! Thank you
Original post by Shazam16
I found that the hardest question of the paper. I spoke about some theories but mainly SLT, advertisements and just linked it back to Tony. I'm praying I did enough to get more then 6

I wrote so much rammal,
I mostly used SLT and renforcement through rewards with bandura linked it to scenorio
Then i wrote about the message needing to be repeated alot through the show forgot the study name though, then said they could have a show about school as children are more likely to immaitate from role models and peers (same sex/age) so bandura again and then linked it to the idea they will learn the prosocial behaviour and imitate it at school. Then spoke abit about charecters being approachable and maybe an overexaggerated bully being punished for bad behaviour to steer children away from antisocial behaviour. Then spoke about children watching the show with other especially older children learning the message as they will discuss it and create opinions from it so to make the shows also appealing to older children. Then said it is however risky to do this as children struggle to understand the messages as they are underdeveloped with others emotions so are more selfish... and kept relating back to the scenorio.

My issue with all of it was not remembering enough names 😣😣
Original post by Abbey15
Sounds good to me! Ive just started a new Tv series. Last year i managed to watch 5 seasons or so of pretty little liars whilst revising gave binge showing a miss this year haha! Back to work thursday though so that should keep me busy :P

I almost binge watched Game of Thrones but luckily stopped myself before it was too late! Everything feels so weird once exams are over, like a chunk of your life has gone. I hope things normalise a bit soon! :smile:
Reply 6304
Original post by TrojanH
How is that a bad thing?

Sorry i misread 😂😂!! Exams mashed my brain i swear
Original post by Lularose83
I almost binge watched Game of Thrones but luckily stopped myself before it was too late! Everything feels so weird once exams are over, like a chunk of your life has gone. I hope things normalise a bit soon! :smile:

It is so good! Binge it fully after exams 😉 you wont regret it! I agree haha atm im feeling more lost than i did at the end of the programme LOST 😋😂 good luck with your last 3!!😄
Can someone tell me what they wrote for the directional hypothesis for RM - i think i flopped that up :frown:

also the question asking why the chose a one-tailed test

Thanks
Original post by Wormit
So I did conventional and atypical anti-psychotics as biological therapies for schizophrenia as the Jan 2013 mark scheme said ECT could only be credited if it was clear in the A01/A02 that is it no longer recommended/used apart from drug resistant patients. Everyone else I know did drugs and ECT so can I only get 12 marks max?

I only mentioned it not being used in the AO2 and said its a last resort in A01
Original post by Abbey15
I wrote so much rammal,
I mostly used SLT and renforcement through rewards with bandura linked it to scenorio
Then i wrote about the message needing to be repeated alot through the show forgot the study name though, then said they could have a show about school as children are more likely to immaitate from role models and peers (same sex/age) so bandura again and then linked it to the idea they will learn the prosocial behaviour and imitate it at school. Then spoke abit about charecters being approachable and maybe an overexaggerated bully being punished for bad behaviour to steer children away from antisocial behaviour. Then spoke about children watching the show with other especially older children learning the message as they will discuss it and create opinions from it so to make the shows also appealing to older children. Then said it is however risky to do this as children struggle to understand the messages as they are underdeveloped with others emotions so are more selfish... and kept relating back to the scenorio.

My issue with all of it was not remembering enough names 😣😣

I wrote how media can have an influence as a introduction. I then spoke about Waylern showing that if role models smoked it led to the initiation of smoking in others elaborated. Then I spoke about how to prevent addictive behaviours via SLT, spoke about Sakuren with anti smoking campaigns as Tony said he stopped smoking for a month so I said he was influenced by anti smoking campaigns. For gambling, this was harder but I said again SLT, and how there is an increase in gambling advertisements which reinforce the behaviour and due to sheer increase of gambling adverts it made it harder to reduce the addictive behaviour thus Tony was unable to prevent his gambling addiction. I mainly related it back to media as much as I could and to the scenario.
Original post by Abbey15
It is so good! Binge it fully after exams 😉 you wont regret it! I agree haha atm im feeling more lost than i did at the end of the programme LOST 😋😂 good luck with your last 3!!😄

Haha I love that bit about LOST😂 Thank you, I literally can't wait to finish! 😬
I found that the hardest question of the paper. I spoke about some theories but mainly SLT, advertisements and just linked it back to Tony. I'm praying I did enough to get more then 6

Yeah it definitely was! It wasn't the normal kind of structure :frown: I did loads on advertising and media and had quite a lot of AO2 points but I just didn't do any of the approaches which would be used for an initiation/maintanance/relapse questions. Hopefully I won't loose tooooo many marks? D:
I wrote how media can have an influence as a introduction. I then spoke about Waylern showing that if role models smoked it led to the initiation of smoking in others elaborated. Then I spoke about how to prevent addictive behaviours via SLT, spoke about Sakuren with anti smoking campaigns as Tony said he stopped smoking for a month so I said he was influenced by anti smoking campaigns. For gambling, this was harder but I said again SLT, and how there is an increase in gambling advertisements which reinforce the behaviour and due to sheer increase of gambling adverts it made it harder to reduce the addictive behaviour thus Tony was unable to prevent his gambling addiction. I mainly related it back to media as much as I could and to the scenario.

That sounds like addiction?! Please tell me that wasnt media or ive failed haha, some really good points though!😄
Reply 6312
For RM graph I only showed the median with a bar for the experimental and a bar for the control group as I wasn't sure how to show the range. I labelled it and everything but how many marks would I get?
Original post by andymharrison_
1. Anxiety scores will decrease after partaking in the anxiety management class
2. Design question; introduced myself, method, right to withdraw, confidentiality (think i missed out aims :/)
3. Reliability is how consistent something is
Internal validity refers to whether something measures what it is intended to
4. Methods of assessing internal validity;
- Content (explanation)
- Concurrent (explanation)
- Face (explanation)
5. Found data to be significant (explanation)

What did you put for the question asking why they chose a one-tailed test to analyse their data?

Thanks
Original post by jra97
For RM graph I only showed the median with a bar for the experimental and a bar for the control group as I wasn't sure how to show the range. I labelled it and everything but how many marks would I get?

Wasnt expecting a graph at all havent done one since GCSE i royally screwed that up, the exam person walked around passing a ruler 😂
Original post by Abbey15
I did schizophrenia and media.
What did you put in your esaays?
Anyone else keep forgetting names and putting "one psychologist found"..

yooo same!!!
schizophrenia: outlined conventional antipsychotics + ect (history of ECT + brief procedures because didnt really have enough for just conventional antipsychotics to beef out the ao1). evaluation: Davis et al meta-analysis showing conv. antipsychotics are effective therefore useful, however Vaugh and Leff found only significant reduction in relapse if home environment is negative, so suggested a more holistic treatment is required. Ross and Read's comments about the validity of the review as drug withdrawal was probably a more important factor. ECT: Tharyan and Adams, however no longer appropriate as it is a dangerous therapy.
media:
application question - brief outline of SLT and discussed parental mediation, suggested programme could use characters the kids can identify with, should not mix prosocial and antisocial messages, prosocial messages should be explicit, should have a note to watch with parents and for the parents to engage in instructive parental mediation (gave e.g.'s relevant to each part).
evolutionary explanations of attraction of celeb. - miller's ideas of neophilia, attraction to creativity and the world of fantasy, sexual selection in females look for creative displays, celeb. gossip as a way of relaying information about potential mates and now for those we admire. eval: Shiraishi et al finding variations in genes controlling expression of MAOA linked to celeb attraction, suggesting its passed on, not useful because doesnt explain why we would be attracted to creative individuals therefore we do not know the adaptive mechanism behind it so evolutionary explanations are not useful.

dw about the 'one psychologist found' thing, my friend mentioned no names in her mock and got an A* for the quality of her arguements!!
Original post by Abbey15
That sounds like addiction?! Please tell me that wasnt media or ive failed haha, some really good points though!😄

Haha oops, mine was on addiction not media, but my addiction question was on about media influences. 😂
Original post by jadee_elizabeth
Yeah I did

How did you find it?
Reply 6318
If anyone knows the questions for research methods I'm willing to make a markscheme 💁
Original post by NHM
If anyone knows the questions for research methods I'm willing to make a markscheme 💁

someone uploaded pictures of the paper on this thread on page 313

Latest

Trending

Trending