The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Vesniep
[...]

Agreed. Any shred of discussions gives someone else an advantage. I don't understand why people are actually thick enough to talk about the exam publicly. One would think a STEP candidate knows enough to not put his offer on the line...
Original post by Mathemagicien
He's discussing our discussions, I think.

While at the same time implying that our discussions would directly improve the reader's performance in the STEP exam. Therefore, he is discussing our discussions which discuss the paper, so he needs to remove his post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vesniep
Ok so what I know without sitting the test : It was a relatively difficult paper to many of you and since most of you do pures perhaps it would be better to try stats and mech . I'd also pay attention on minor mistakes since many of you have done some resulting in very wrong answers.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !
P.S. I am neither Australian nor do I sit the test but you guys would give me great hints
This has to stop please , I don't want this to happen in II and III cause it would be unfair .
Perhaps the reason that grade boundaries remain the same while difficulty increases is due to this

I understand and agree with your point, but the example is a bit animated... "You seem to have all got things wrong from making minor mistakes so I'm going to make sure I don't do that..." It's kinda like, would you otherwise have just thrown caution to the wind and made plentiful minor mistakes without checking?

much love.
Original post by Zacken
Agreed. Any shred of discussions gives someone else an advantage. I don't understand why people are actually thick enough to talk about the exam publicly. One would think a STEP candidate knows enough to not put his offer on the line...

Did you receive my email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1184
Original post by Insight314
Did you receive my email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, sorry, I completely forgot to reply!

Thank you very much. :smile:
Original post by Zacken
Can everybody please not discuss anything related to the paper at all.

Even something as vague as "boundaries should be low" is giving an advantage to somebody sitting the paper.

Even an emoticon expressing your sentiments about the paper.

Otherwise, we'll need to have the thread closed temporarily and that'd just be shame since people would like to discuss STEP II.

I think some people just want the thread to get closed until tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
Yes, sorry, I completely forgot to reply!

Thank you very much. :smile:

No problem. :smile: I am just making sure because my phone's internet is pretty bad and it may have not sent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think some people just want the thread to get closed until tomorrow.

This is how it has been in previous years and in my experience, it appears to have been the best way to tackle this issue.
While at the same time implying that our discussions would directly improve the reader's performance in the STEP exam. Therefore, he is discussing our discussions which discuss the paper, so he needs to remove his post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok then I will , I just summarised what you told so far so that australians don't bother looking every single page.
My point was that you could help people with your hints not massively but even the slightest hints help .
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
This is how it has been in previous years and in my experience, it appears to have been the best way to tackle this issue.

Please do it !
Original post by Vesniep
Ok then I will , I just summarised what you told so far so that australians don't bother looking every single page.
My point was that you could help people with your hints not massively but even the slightest hints help .

Either way, how is your comment not hypocritical since you just enumerated all the 'hints' that other people have supposedlymentioned in this thread, making it even easier for people to take advantage of them, whilst at the same time complaining about people taking advantage of the alleged hints in this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best advice is to walk out of the exam :biggrin:

Original post by Simonium1010
I understand and agree with your point

Please delete the quoted post...

And people who have quoted him (without editing the quote)

Including you :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Either way, how is your comment not hypocritical since you just enumerated all the 'hints' that other people have supposedlymentioned in this thread, making it even easier for people to take advantage of them, whilst at the same time complaining about people taking advantage of the alleged hints in this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can read them as well , the damage is done ! All comments that I saw have already been edited so everyone right now can see them , I just gave an interpretation of what you told . Zacken warned Tsrians and they were still talking about the exam , just see the comment above mine . I just wanted to make clear that you indeed help them slightly I know but still it's against you , anyone could deduce (not rigorously they were just guesses) what I posted .
Also do you have any problem with closing this thread until tomorrow ? I think it would be more safe .
Try Qx. It was easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Try Qx. It was easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone might mistake it for Roman numerals..
Original post by physicsmaths
Try Qx. It was easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hint: x is an integer from 1 to 13 .
Original post by Vesniep
They can read them as well , the damage is done ! All comments that I saw have already been edited so everyone right now can see them , I just gave an interpretation of what you told . Zacken warned Tsrians and they were still talking about the exam , just see the comment above mine . I just wanted to make clear that you indeed help them slightly I know but still it's against you , anyone could deduce (not rigorously they were just guesses) what I posted .
Also do you have any problem with closing this thread until tomorrow ? I think it would be more safe .

I have no idea where you got that I have helped them even slightly. I am not the one who blatantly states what the exam is gonna be like, lol.
Oh guys puuuhlease stfu
I have no idea where you got that I have helped them even slightly. I am not the one who blatantly states what the exam is gonna be like, lol.

you in plural , I don't remember who said what.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Someone might mistake it for Roman numerals..

510? I highly doubt step has changed that much from last year :tongue:
Edit: D=500 how much is Q? 500000? It must be huge anyway.
Ok now I got it x=10
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending