The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CalistaJupiter
Yeah I could be wrong but I think for the tyre marks it may be 1)condensation polymer is hydrolysed into its monomers 2) cooh and oh bonds 3) firm hydrogen bonds with water

Idk though not trying to cause arguments

Hmmm, does seem correct tbh. I hope I've maybe got a mark, if not I've got 8marks definite wrong which is concerning.
Original post by lai812matthew
what is a backbone actually.

It's just like the carbon carbon backbone not including side branches
Original post by S.Ahmad
Hmmm, does seem correct tbh. I hope I've maybe got a mark, if not I've got 8marks definite wrong which is concerning.

No you never know, everyone else could be wrong... We all just want to believe our answers are right so whoever argues more everyone takes their answer haha
What was the question on chromatography?

What did you have to write?
Would Kevlar be accepted for the polyamide question? Was it asking for a general use or?
Original post by Jamil_dow
Alright in my opinion
Question 6
f= ch3ch2chohch2ch3
g= chech2coch2ch3
h= ch3ch2cooh
i= ch3ch2cooch((ch3ch2)(ch3ch2ch2))
j= (ch3)3choh, becuase 0.221/2.85x10- = 74

your answer for f only has 3 carbon envirnments as is symmetrical, earlier in the question you had to identify there were 4 carbon environments in f, therefore the structure is CH(CH3)2CHOHCH3 correct me if im wrong
guys what was the answer to the question on the important difference between forming some compound by chemical synthesis or fermentation of sugars.
Yeah I could be wrong but I think for the tyre marks it may be 1)condensation polymer is hydrolysed into its monomers 2) cooh and oh bonds 3) firm hydrogen bonds with water

Idk though not trying to cause arguments

thats exactly what i put, hope were right lol
Original post by slugmonkey97
your answer for f only has 3 carbon envirnments as is symmetrical, earlier in the question you had to identify there were 4 carbon environments in f, therefore the structure is CH(CH3)2CHOHCH3 correct me if im wrong

I got the same as you
Original post by user2498
guys what was the answer to the question on the important difference between forming some compound by chemical synthesis or fermentation of sugars.

basically if its formed by fermentation of sugars by the bacteria, the products would only be of one optical isomer, however if produced by chemical synthesis, it is possible for both of the optical isomers to be produced
It's just like the carbon carbon backbone not including side branches

what i found
I wrote 2-hydroxylpropanoic acid instead of 2-hydroxypropanoic acid do you think i'll get marked down? For the lactic acid question
Original post by slugmonkey97
basically if its formed by fermentation of sugars by the bacteria, the products would only be of one optical isomer, however if produced by chemical synthesis, it is possible for both of the optical isomers to be produced

I said the other way round?
Original post by Heffalump .
I wrote 2-hydroxylpropanoic acid instead of 2-hydroxypropanoic acid do you think i'll get marked down? For the lactic acid question

Same

Hydroxyl and hydroxy are interchangeable so I'm pretty sure you would

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the same thing, you'll get the mark
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 20.15.26.png

guys i got this as my fragment for m/z = 44
surely its right, right?
Plot twist, the answer to the first question is actually the second fatty acid...
Predicted grade boundaries:

54 - A*
50 - A
46 - B
42 - C
38 - D
34 - E
What did people get for the mass of compound A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending