The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beasttracker
What did you put for the question asking why they chose a one-tailed test to analyse their data?

Thanks

I said other research may of found a relationship
Original post by jackwarren100
that first one is wrong. It was asking you to write a hypotheses for the small scale investigation not the whole investigation.

You should have written it like this:
'the greater the anxiety score on the questionnaire the greater the level of anxiety'.

wait what??? Omfggggggggggggggg
Original post by Shazam16
I said other research may of found a relationship

I think you were meant to write because they used a directional hypothesis, that they asked us to write earlier. I was gonna write that ^ but then it said a "new anxiety programme" so there was no previous research indicating that it would work.
Yeah I nearly fell for it too.

I've so failed research methods. AQA are actually evil. Anyone will read all that text and then see the question and assume its referring to the block of text above... jesus christ
Original post by amehlia
yooo same!!!
schizophrenia: outlined conventional antipsychotics + ect (history of ECT + brief procedures because didnt really have enough for just conventional antipsychotics to beef out the ao1). evaluation: Davis et al meta-analysis showing conv. antipsychotics are effective therefore useful, however Vaugh and Leff found only significant reduction in relapse if home environment is negative, so suggested a more holistic treatment is required. Ross and Read's comments about the validity of the review as drug withdrawal was probably a more important factor. ECT: Tharyan and Adams, however no longer appropriate as it is a dangerous therapy.
media:
application question - brief outline of SLT and discussed parental mediation, suggested programme could use characters the kids can identify with, should not mix prosocial and antisocial messages, prosocial messages should be explicit, should have a note to watch with parents and for the parents to engage in instructive parental mediation (gave e.g.'s relevant to each part).
evolutionary explanations of attraction of celeb. - miller's ideas of neophilia, attraction to creativity and the world of fantasy, sexual selection in females look for creative displays, celeb. gossip as a way of relaying information about potential mates and now for those we admire. eval: Shiraishi et al finding variations in genes controlling expression of MAOA linked to celeb attraction, suggesting its passed on, not useful because doesnt explain why we would be attracted to creative individuals therefore we do not know the adaptive mechanism behind it so evolutionary explanations are not useful.

dw about the 'one psychologist found' thing, my friend mentioned no names in her mock and got an A* for the quality of her arguements!!

Wow you smashed it!!
I was sat there for ages thinking how i could beef my essays out so some stuff may not be relevant!
Schizophrenia-
Drug therapy-antisychotics-atypical and typical explanations and examples then i spoke a little about the explanation just to make it more understandable but only breifly as unlikely to get marks for it. Then used a study for effectiveness of them.
Then evaluated with a few studies remembered a few names otherwise just explained the findings. Then spoke about drugs not working for all patients and some stats.
Then the diagnosis issue and that you need a diagnosis to get the treatment and many go undignosed for...reasons.
Then about severe side effects and then less serious and a study about relapse and refusal of drugs.
A paragraph about dosages and individual differences. Mentioned the free will debate and a few other things that i cant remember.
Mentioned ECT but that its not used anymore for..reasons then concluded with drug therapt has revolutionised the treatment of schizo. People living at homes monioring themself and not in unstimulating institutions etc.
Wrote the Pro social media further up.
Hovland and Yale was pretty straight forward added a few studies in for the crack.
Evolutionary- wrote about humans before tv and celebs, mates etc who are creative, neophilia and put darwin and ducks studies in.

Research methods threw me a little but to say we had to self teach im happier with this than last week!
(edited 7 years ago)
What were the questions on the back? I have a sick feeling I missed them out - may just be my brain working overtime though!? :s-smilie:
That first one is wrong. It was asking you to write a hypotheses for the small scale investigation not the whole investigation.

'The greater the anxiety score on the questionnaire the greater the level of anxiety'.

Surely it is right because in the text they tell you that a high score on the questionnaire means you have a high level of anxiety so why would they be asking you to repeat what they've just told you?
Also it didn't say about the questionnaire but what they called the whole procedure(I can't remember exactly what they called it)
Original post by Hutch28
Surely it is right because in the text they tell you that a high score on the questionnaire means you have a high level of anxiety so why would they be asking you to repeat what they've just told you?
Also it didn't say about the questionnaire but what they called the whole procedure(I can't remember exactly what they called it)

i swear the answer is the anxiety scores will be lower, measured by a questionnaire, after the 6 week anxiety management period? Because that whole stem is referring to a small scale investigation???
Original post by Abbey15
Wow you smashed it!!
I was sat there for ages thinking how i could beef my essays out so some stuff may not be relevant!
Schizophrenia-
Drug therapy-antisychotics-atypical and typical explanations and examples then i spoke a little about the explanation just to make it more understandable but only breifly as unlikely to get marks for it. Then used a study for effectiveness of them.
Then evaluated with a few studies remembered a few names otherwise just explained the findings. Then spoke about drugs not working for all patients and some stats.
Then the diagnosis issue and that you need a diagnosis to get the treatment and many go undignosed for...reasons.
Then about severe side effects and then less serious and a study about relapse and refusal of drugs.
A paragraph about dosages and individual differences. Mentioned the free will debate and a few other things that i cant remember.
Mentioned ECT but that its not used anymore for..reasons then concluded with drug therapt has revolutionised the treatment of schizo. People living at homes monioring themself and not in unstimulating institutions etc.
Wrote the Pro social media further up.
Hovland and Yale was pretty straight forward added a few studies in for the crack.
Evolutionary- wrote about humans before tv and celebs, mates etc who are creative, neophilia and put darwin and ducks studies in.

Research methods threw me a little but to say we had to self teach im happier with this than last week!

whoa thanks!! feel it went pretty well considering i was bricking it the night before haha.

sounds like an ace answer!!! schizophrenia and media questions were pretty nice!
Original post by sophiehaddad
What were the questions on the back? I have a sick feeling I missed them out - may just be my brain working overtime though!? :s-smilie:

If you drew a toss graph then you did them😋
Did anyone ask for extra paper ? And if they did, did it have a place for you to sign to say it's your own work?!! I'm stressing out because I didn't sign anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thalmerr
i swear the answer is the anxiety scores will be lower, measured by a questionnaire, after the 6 week anxiety management period? Because that whole stem is referring to a small scale investigation???

thought this too - the small-scale investigation was that whole stem right?? therefore it included the anxiety management and the hypothesis should have included that. so 'anxiety scores will be lower following anxiety management' (+operationalisation ofc). small-scale was kinda like a pilot, the full study was when they brought in the controls and stuff so i think we're good haha (well i hope so anyways) :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by amehlia
whoa thanks!! feel it went pretty well considering i was bricking it the night before haha.

sounds like an ace answer!!! schizophrenia and media questions were pretty nice!

Thankyou😄, sounds terrible but im hoping some struggled so the grade boundries arnt too high i need atleast a B for uni 😐
Youve made me so happy saying that about names haha, gave me some hope!
That first one is wrong. It was asking you to write a hypotheses for the small scale investigation not the whole investigation.

'The greater the anxiety score on the questionnaire the greater the level of anxiety'.

I'd have to disagree, if you look at the stem of the question, what you wrote has literally been copied off the third line in the second paragraph.

Also, if you look at the stem, they do state that when the programme ended anxiety scores were taken. Keeping in mind this is still the small scale investigation.

If you wrote something along the lines of: "anxiety scores will be significantly greater before the 6 week programme compared to after the 6 week programme"

Then you'd get the marks.
Original post by sophiehaddad

Draw a graph, 3 reasons for a chosen statistical test and then a matched pairs question

If you cant remember drawing a graph, you didnt do the back lol
Original post by thalmerr

Yeah that's what I put.
They also say 'at the start of the small-scale investigation they did a questionnaire to obtain an anxiety score' which is suggesting the questionnaire is part of the investigation and not what you'd write the hypothesis about
Original post by Abbey15

Thankyou😄, sounds terrible but im hoping some struggled so the grade boundries arnt too high i need atleast a B for uni 😐
Youve made me so happy saying that about names haha, gave me some hope!

ah i know what you mean!! sounds like the other sections weren't so kind - they'll probably be moderate. haha im glad! i think the key things are elaboration and linking to the question instead of getting a bunch of studies down:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you guys kno if we can resit the a2 exams next year?
Original post by artymaniac
Do you guys kno if we can resit the a2 exams next year?

My psychology teacher told us it is possible and I think if you try looking up exam dates for next year you should find them
Original post by bullseye1
I think you were meant to write because they used a directional hypothesis, that they asked us to write earlier. I was gonna write that ^ but then it said a "new anxiety programme" so there was no previous research indicating that it would work.

So what did you write for that question?

Latest

Trending

Trending