The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jwanjwan
you know for that question about what is bad in the equilibrium with barium chloride, could you have said the ammonia because it is toxic

Yes that's correct. NH3 is toxic.
cmonn get in there
Original post by jwanjwan
you know for that question about what is bad in the equilibrium with barium chloride, could you have said the ammonia because it is toxic

Yeah I said that as well :biggrin: Seems we are in the minority but it does seem right
For the NMR the peaks from left to right went quartet, singlet, triplet right?
Reply 1264
Original post by Whizbox

Original post by Whizbox

Yeah

Some of them have OH on the left, some have it on the right o.O Maybe they'll give both :biggrin:?
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Some of them have OH on the left, some have it on the right o.O Maybe they'll give both :biggrin:?

Like This one for example:

Reply 1268

Doesn't matter what side as long as it was placed in the correct values ...
Original post by robinfairy978

Yeah! I don't know, I'm hoping they'll allow both :/!
The chemical shifts overlap so I'm sure they will give both :smile:
Original post by Hdb
Doesn't matter what side as long as it was placed in the correct values ...

Do the values not determine the side?
[QUOTE="_H_V;65782165"][/QUO
TE]

Original post by robinfairy978

That's why I asked the question, strange isn't it
Reply 1273

Yeah I was looking through more nmr spectra for ethanol and found different ones, I don't know how they'll mark that
Original post by lfcrules
lads , that multiple chooice question when it was like only one of the mechanisms does this . Was it forms a racemic mixture or was it the one about only one of them leads to elimination . For the tms one i put there are many (12 ) hydrogens , i didnt say they were in the same environment. Would i lose the mark?

It was racemic mixture I believe and I think you'd lose mark for not mentioning theyre all in the same environment, it's quite crucial that point

Original post by Hdb
Thanks bro, really need to do well in unit 5 since I've only scraped an A* in practical too :/

I posted the attached image earlier but I really think 76 should be an easy A* for this paper

Original post by dixietrix
I made so many stupid mistakes :redface:

I know how you feel bro

H peak in OH is famous to be all over the place so as long as your peaks are in the range from formula booklet and the peaks don't overlap it should be fine I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the pH graph/ rate-conc graph in pencil- will that be okay??!
Reply 1276
[QUOTE="Whizbox;65782423"]
Original post by _H_V
[/QUO
TE]

That's why I asked the question, strange isn't it

Yup just saw this one after sending my reply, I think most of the marks will come from the written explanation of splitting patterns and ratio, we should be fine ~ish
Original post by C0balt
It was racemic mixture I believe and I think you'd lose mark for not mentioning theyre all in the same environment, it's quite crucial that point

I posted the attached image earlier but I really think 76 should be an easy A* for this paper

I know how you feel bro

H peak in OH is famous to be all over the place so as long as your peaks are in the range from formula booklet and the peaks don't overlap it should be fine I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so :/! Overlapping peaks they meant the 'splitting' overlapping?
my nmr was wrong :frown: I drew the CH2 and CH3 peaks close together nearish the 1 ppm mark
I really hope so :/! Overlapping peaks they meant the 'splitting' overlapping?

No they meant that the peak for one environment doesn't overlap with peak for another environment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending