The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyricalvibe
I don't even know why I was so sure it was the other way round, I've made so many errors like that, how many marks was the Q?

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't worry about it, i'm sure you got atleast 3.
Reply 501
Someone make a whatsapp revision chat for F335 pleaseee or is there one already?
Original post by charmantell
It was first order for both Br- and BrO3- and second order for H+

I got the same, first order for two of them and second order for the third one
Original post by SSD07
Someone make a whatsapp revision chat for F335 pleaseee or is there one already?

If atleast 5 people inbox me their numbers I'll make it otherwise it'd be dead xD
Inbox me your numbers and I'll make a CBD group chat on whatsapp

Could be the difference between an A* and an A....
(edited 7 years ago)
Inbox me your numbers and I'll make a CBD group chat on whatsapp

Could be the difference between an A* and an A....

Make one on fb dont want to share my number

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did anyone get for the bromine number 5 marker?
Original post by Zuzuvela
Make one on fb dont want to share my number

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have thought people would find whatsapp less obtrusive? Theres 3 others so far so I'll just ask which is the preferred medium, I think FB may be more convenient tho
Original post by Kira Yagami

we didnt have to state it was nucleophilic addition right?
I would have thought people would find whatsapp less obtrusive? Theres 3 others so far so I'll just ask which is the preferred medium, I think FB may be more convenient tho

I wanna join
2015 papers

you got f335 2015 mark scheme

if on facebook please could you inbox me
Original post by George12411
you got f335 2015 mark scheme

Yeah I'll upload it soon-ish unless it's urgent for you rn :P?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last years paper was NOT that difficult. It was 65 for an A. There was that whole vanadium thing, but you would only lose like 6 marks there. The rest of the paper was great. The titration calculation question was nice and easy.

This paper was harder than last year. I think it will be 64 for an A. 63 if we're lucky.

Shooting for full UMS in F335, I find F335 so much easier.
My coursework is the only thing saving my arse right now

Calculated at least 30 marks I've lost 💀😭
So what are we saying for the 5 marker bromine question then? 7? 10?
Original post by marcus.dyer11
So what are we saying for the 5 marker bromine question then? 7? 10?

I got 10

I worked out the concentration of the Bromine to be 0.075mol/dm3 from the previous question and equation, then used this to find the number of moles of bromine that was used up (from the volume that was added) for 10g of the hexene, from this found the mass. And then multiple by 10 to get it for 100g
Original post by rosschatburn
I got 10

I worked out the concentration of the Bromine to be 0.075mol/dm3 from the previous question and equation, then used this to find the number of moles of bromine that was used up (from the volume that was added) for 10g of the hexene, from this found the mass. And then multiple by 10 to get it for 100g

Oh okay, cheers. I got 10 but was very disappointed when I saw 7s plastered everywhere. Slightly reassuring, fingers crossed pal
Original post by rosschatburn
I got 10

I did this as well apart from I believe I multiplied by 10 once too many times so i ended up with 104, as 10.36 multiplied by 10. Hoping this is only the loss of one mark if 10 is the correct value
Original post by LewisEdwards1234
I did this as well apart from I believe I multiplied by 10 once too many times so i ended up with 104, as 10.36 multiplied by 10. Hoping this is only the loss of one mark if 10 is the correct value

Oh okay, that's equally reassuring! Yeah, if 10 is the correct answer you'll only drop 1. A mark for each of the method marks and then you just won't get the mark for the final answer, they should ignore the extra multiplication. No stress👌🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending