The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

The thing is though we are doing the 9-1 papers and none of them are on the internet to do as revision?
Original post by Lucky10
Best advice i could give DO PAST PAPERS its the best way to get better a maths. Any topics you dont get use sites like mathswatch.
Reply 21
Original post by 34908seikj

Thank you so much!

Do you mind explaining these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, so you roll the dice and the probability of you getting a winning number is 1.5*10^2. You're rolling the dice twice so it will be the probability of winning multiplied by itself. (1.5x10^2)(1.5x10^2). What AQA paper are you doing? As in what year and month.
Reply 23
Okay, so you roll the dice and the probability of you getting a winning number is 1.5*10^2. You're rolling the dice twice so it will be the probability of winning multiplied by itself. (1.5x10^2)(1.5x10^2). What AQA paper are you doing? As in what year and month.

Thank.you!

November 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheDoctor11
The thing is though we are doing the 9-1 papers and none of them are on the internet to do as revision?

My advice then will be to ask your teachers for exam paper resources
Original post by z_o_e
Can you help me on this please

Posted from TSR Mobile

the answer posted above is rigth, The trick is if it is a decrease percentage you make the number a decimal (divide by 100) and then subtract this number from 1.0. So 27% = 0.27, which is 0.73 when subtracted from 1.0. You then times this number by the inital price. If it's a percetnage increase, you do the same but you ADD the number to 1.0. So if it was a 41% increase you'd add 0.41 to 1,0 to get 1.41 and then you would times this number by the inital price.
Reply 26
Original post by 1jonam16
the answer posted above is rigth, The trick is if it is a decrease percentage you make the number a decimal (divide by 100) and then subtract this number from 1.0. So 27% = 0.27, which is 0.73 when subtracted from 1.0. You then times this number by the inital price. If it's a percetnage increase, you do the same but you ADD the number to 1.0. So if it was a 41% increase you'd add 0.41 to 1,0 to get 1.41 and then you would times this number by the inital price.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27

Have I done this correct? The pencil part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28

Can you explain this please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Have I done this correct? The pencil part.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, His weight is 51.5kg and he now weighs 8.5% less. you can calculate this by doing 100% - 8.5% = 91.5%

91.5% = 0.915 in decimal form

51.5*0.915 will give you a decrease in weight by 8.5%
Reply 30
No, His weight is 51.5kg and he now weighs 8.5% less. you can calculate this by doing 100% - 8.5% = 91.5%

91.5% = 0.915 in decimal form

51.5*0.915 will give you a decrease in weight by 8.5%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32

Is that correct??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Is that correct??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah!
Original post by z_o_e
Is that correct??

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes its correct, remember if theres a decrease the weight has ot be smaller. so in your first answer, you werent right as the naswer was bigger, but know youve ot it right.
Reply 35
yes its correct, remember if theres a decrease the weight has ot be smaller. so in your first answer, you werent right as the naswer was bigger, but know youve ot it right.

Oh thank you so much guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Yeah!

Thank you so much !

Can you help me on this now? I'm so sorry!
My end of year is next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Thank you so much !

Can you help me on this now? I'm so sorry!
My end of year is next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I had enough space; turns out I didn't. If you still don't get it I'll write it out clearer.

Reply 38
I thought I had enough space; turns out I didn't. If you still don't get it I'll write it out clearer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too messy :frown:

How 'bout now?

Quick Reply

Latest