The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I put ethanenitrile instead of KCN in the organic synthesis question, because I remembered seeing there're extra 2 carbon there, was it just me being delusional..... :'( I was so upset, I put KCN at first and then changed it to ethanenitrile... :'(
Original post by Aerosmith
Oh my god. they added some bonds and also asked you to draw some in. if you had to draw trailing bonds, they would have to be straight and there was no way you could have drawn straight trailing bonds on that diagram without it looking ridiculous and wrong. ****'s sake. I hate the student room

Chill, I wasn't saying you're wrong, I was simply stating what I remembered reading.
Original post by Suits101
Was this the first question on that page where you had to add bonds and atoms? If so: dipeptide

Thank you!! My days. Now will whoever is trolling on this 1 piss easy question please stop, people are already a bit wound up after this exam as it is
Original post by Aerosmith
Thank you!! My days. Now will whoever is trolling on this 1 piss easy question please stop, people are already a bit wound up after this exam as it is

It had to be a dipeptide, the question said it was formed from glycine and another amino acid - hence you drew the dipeptide formed by adding OH, COOH, NH, H etc and all that on it
Original post by ravichauhan11
but it said section of the polypeptide ( something like that ) so surely trailing bonds?

it is did not say section, sorry mate.
Original post by nautella

I'm fairly sure it said Section
Original post by nautella

Im so unsure now :frown:
Original post by jessyoung
Im so unsure now :frown:

either way it was only one mark :smile:
Original post by mriffin
nope i got 1.2 something because 0.833 was for (acid)/(salt) but it wanted the reciprocal of that

oh ffs i don't do maths
Grade boundaries?
Original post by perpetua
Grade boundaries?

73 for A ?

i would add i know f all about the grade boundaries or last years ones
what did everyone get for the Mr of the abundant peak?
Original post by Mary_7
oh ffs i don't do maths

Yes, you have to rearrange the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation so you get:

10^(pH-pka) = [A-]/[HA]

I got 1.2 something.
Original post by abzz11
what did everyone get for the Mr of the abundant peak?

112. The ratio was 3:1 so I thought well 35Cl must be both if the atoms is it's the most abundant.
Original post by Mriffin
Nope I got 1.2 something because 0.833 was for (acid)/(salt) but it wanted the reciprocal of that

Yeah I got 1.208333 which rounded to 1.21
Original post by jessyoung
I definitely saw the word dipeptide

Me too,I am like 99% sure it was dipeptide!!
Is chromatography allowed??
I got around 1.2 aswell with a bit of rearranging and looking at similar fractions
Martin luther King had a dream, but then he took aqa chem4 2016 and his dreams went down the toilet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending