The Student Room Group

How to deal with being in the friendzone when you thought the person was interested?

I was certain he liked me. He would always come over to talk to me, said he was happy to see me etc. I've realised that he is just a friendly guy and since day one he only saw me as a friend. There were so many signals that lead me up believe he was interested, but looking back I guess I had it all wrong.

Anyway over the last week I realised that it he did like me as more than a friend he would be in contact more at least or make an effort to see me since we last met up (last Monday).

He is a really nice guy regardless not sure if I should just not bother with him again or stay friends. I feel a little embarrassed for thinking he ever liked me.

Never been in this situation before :frown: what to do?
Ask him if he knows any good places to talk to people :biggrin:
Reply 2
Anybody?
Original post by Anonymous
I was certain he liked me. He would always come over to talk to me, said he was happy to see me etc. I've realised that he is just a friendly guy and since day one he only saw me as a friend. There were so many signals that lead me up believe he was interested, but looking back I guess I had it all wrong.

Anyway over the last week I realised that it he did like me as more than a friend he would be in contact more at least or make an effort to see me since we last met up (last Monday).

He is a really nice guy regardless not sure if I should just not bother with him again or stay friends. I feel a little embarrassed for thinking he ever liked me.

Well it seems like you have feelings for him and he seems like a great guy. Maybe try flirting and see how he reacts. But to be honest you don't wanna jeopardise a friendship so if you think that you wanna risk it then go ahead. See what he does and if he acts weirdly then I suggest you just stick to being friends with him.
How about this: You know that you have to stop relying on him so find some new people to talk to.
Reply 5
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
Well it seems like you have feelings for him and he seems like a great guy. Maybe try flirting and see how he reacts. But to be honest you don't wanna jeopardise a friendship so if you think that you wanna risk it then go ahead. See what he does and if he acts weirdly then I suggest you just stick to being friends with him.

I barely know him, but I like him so far (probably known him for about 3 weeks now). I honestly thought when he suggested we met up it was a date kinda thing. The way the day went lead me to believe it was going well. I complimented one of his pictures and he said thanks and left it at that. This was two days ago. Prior to this he was texting me more frequently however it faded after two days - indicating his lack of interest in me.
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
How about this: You know that you have to stop relying on him so find some new people to talk to.

I haven't relied on him ever.... Where did you get this idea from?
Reply 7
just tell him that you like him ffs
I barely know him, but I like him so far (probably known him for about 3 weeks now). I honestly thought when he suggested we met up it was a date kinda thing. The way the day went lead me to believe it was going well. I complimented one of his pictures and he said thanks and left it at that. This was two days ago. Prior to this he was texting me more frequently however it faded after two days - indicating his lack of interest in me.

Oh right then I completely misunderstood coz it seemed like you have been friends with him for a while. I guess if you like him as a friend then just leave it as friends. But if you don't care that much then just leave him.
Reply 9

When i say i dont want a relationship or want to be friends i mean i am not attracted to you. Had that situation,now we are good friends.I advise you stay friends.

+frank vinchy+
(edited 7 years ago)
Everyone wants what they cant have...
Watch my comment get deleted f*cking tsr people on my case 24/7
Original post by Bigcityc*ck
Watch my comment get deleted f*cking tsr people on my case 24/7

Calm down mate.

Original post by vinchy
When i say i dont want a relationship or want to be friends i mean i am not attracted to you. Had that situation,now we are good friends.I advise you stay friends.

+frank vinchy+

Yeah I hear that doesn't make it any easier though. My friend actually Friendzoned me years ago, he kinda left me hanging when I told him how I felt. Will probably get over this one quickly since I barely know this guy.

Original post by drogon
just tell him that you like him ffs

What difference would it make though? He's already shown me that he isn't interested in me in that way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending