The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science C4 C5 C6 14th June 2016 Discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ella_08
oh right, i thought he made a typo and meant 'sim/diff of electrolysis, my bad :biggrin: Uh tell me about it, i hate titrations. I'm cramming everything now, havent even got to that lool. At least you feel confident about some of it, the only stuff i like is the environment, graphite/diamond and history of periodic table. I'm screwed with C456 basically but i did well on C123 so it should be ok :dontknow: good luck to you :smile:

Yeah C123 was good, but I'm hoping tomorrow's exam is nice as well as C7 is definitely where I'm going to fall down - it's one of the few exams that I've actually prepared for earlier than the night before - that shows how scared I am for it! :s-smilie:

I've been cramming since 4 and tbh nothing's going in! :frown: I'm pretty confident with C4 as I find it all really easy (it was the first unit we did in year 10 back when I loved chemistry :colonhash:) but C5 and C6 are tough. I haven't reached titrations or anything like that either. All I'm saying is thank GOD we've got the morning!!! :tongue:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Yeah C123 was good, but I'm hoping tomorrow's exam is nice as well as C7 is definitely where I'm going to fall down - it's one of the few exams that I've actually prepared for earlier than the night before - that shows how scared I am for it! :s-smilie:

I've been cramming since 4 and tbh nothing's going in! :frown: I'm pretty confident with C4 as I find it all really easy (it was the first unit we did in year 10 back when I loved chemistry :colonhash:) but C5 and C6 are tough. I haven't reached titrations or anything like that either. All I'm saying is thank GOD we've got the morning!!! :tongue:

I hope it's nice, but i don't think it will be :puppyeyes: I think tomorrow's will be my worst, I'm pretty good at C7. Hahah don't be scared, you've revised lots so you should have a lot of knowledge.
I've had to revise for history the whole weekend, so I've only had tonight to do C456 :frown: you seem to like c4, i find it alright but boring. All the modules just merge into one tbh. Ah I know thank Christ we have a few hours tomorrow - that will probs be past papers. Be kind OCR! :please:
Original post by Ella_08
I hope it's nice, but i don't think it will be :puppyeyes: I think tomorrow's will be my worst, I'm pretty good at C7. Hahah don't be scared, you've revised lots so you should have a lot of knowledge.
I've had to revise for history the whole weekend, so I've only had tonight to do C456 :frown: you seem to like c4, i find it alright but boring. All the modules just merge into one tbh. Ah I know thank Christ we have a few hours tomorrow - that will probs be past papers. Be kind OCR! :please:

Eee I hope it's nice!! And I know, I've still got a bit of time to calm some nerves to learn everything properly for C7, so that's a bonus :smile:
Wow well done for that - luckily I didn't do I focused on science obviously, and I still don't feel prepared (although I have procrastinated like mad, shh :tongue:)
The only reason I like it is because I find it easy, same with most things really haha
Yeah I'll do a past paper tomorrow - we already did all of them in class but we never did 2015 so I'll do that. Although I've only got the paper so won't be able to actually mark it :s-smilie: hey ho.

Good luck though, and let's hope OCR want to keep up their kind streak!! :h:
Eee I hope it's nice!! And I know, I've still got a bit of time to calm some nerves to learn everything properly for C7, so that's a bonus :smile:
Wow well done for that - luckily I didn't do I focused on science obviously, and I still don't feel prepared (although I have procrastinated like mad, shh :tongue:)
The only reason I like it is because I find it easy, same with most things really haha
Yeah I'll do a past paper tomorrow - we already did all of them in class but we never did 2015 so I'll do that. Although I've only got the paper so won't be able to actually mark it :s-smilie: hey ho.

Good luck though, and let's hope OCR want to keep up their kind streak!! :h:

Yeah, it's great that we have until the 22nd for C7 :u: i won't tell anyone you procrastinated :tongue: as long as you do the same for me. Omg looking at the past papers scared the hell out of me. Uuuuh biology is lovely compared to this :frown: Hahah i don't find c4 at all easy. The only time I've looked at the past papers was like an hour ago, oops. And thanks, I really hope it goes well for us both. #Optimism! I should sleep, good night :smile: :smile:
Original post by Ella_08
Yeah, it's great that we have until the 22nd for C7 :u: i won't tell anyone you procrastinated :tongue: as long as you do the same for me. Omg looking at the past papers scared the hell out of me. Uuuuh biology is lovely compared to this :frown: Hahah i don't find c4 at all easy. The only time I've looked at the past papers was like an hour ago, oops. And thanks, I really hope it goes well for us both. #Optimism! I should sleep, good night :smile: :smile:

Yeah it is! And ok your secret's safe :tongue:
The past papers are OK until you get to C6 for me, that's why I'm really focusing on it now and tomorrow! I just hate additional science in general (other than physics :biggrin:)
Yeah I hope it goes well for us both too! Good night :h:
Good luck everyone :d
Original post by Ananya._c
Good luck everyone :d

You too :biggrin:
Can anyone explain the process of chemical synthesis? :redface:
Original post by realsmilee
Can anyone explain the process of chemical synthesis? :redface:

Chemical synthesis is the process of making chemicals. It is important in making food additives , fertilisers, dyestuffs,paints,pigments and pharmaceuticals
Can we all just make a pact to do really badly so they'll lower the grade boundaries?

(But good luck everyone, do your best!)
Original post by saladays
Can we all just make a pact to do really badly so they'll lower the grade boundaries?

(But good luck everyone, do your best!)

Sorry but no, i need a A* in this LOL

Good luck though :smile:
Original post by Steampunk_Turtle
So when did you do core?

Oh in year 10 i done c1234567 and p1234567
But in year 11 im doing b1234567
i talked about electrons instead of ions in the 6 mark question?
Yeah it is! And ok your secret's safe :tongue:
The past papers are OK until you get to C6 for me, that's why I'm really focusing on it now and tomorrow! I just hate additional science in general (other than physics :biggrin:)
Yeah I hope it goes well for us both too! Good night :h:

Yup same i don't like additional science, especially after today's exam :frown: it wasn't awful but i just thought it was unfair that they didn't cover the key topics. I did well on the 6 markers i think, but the other 1/2/3 markers i strugged with. I'm officially worried now lol. Hate ocr more than i did yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahmedismail_1
i talked about electrons instead of ions in the 6 mark question?

Did you talk about conducting electricity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else think that exam was quite odd? I thought most the questions were very ambiguous and didn't really stick to specific topics.
Hoping that the mark scheme was kind.
Well looks like I didn't need that pact because that paper was ****ing dreadful
Original post by eviemason
Anyone else think that exam was quite odd? I thought most the questions were very ambiguous and didn't really stick to specific topics.
Hoping that the mark scheme was kind.

yeah totally how i feel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending