The Student Room Group

I'm turning 18 tomorrow!!

I can't believe is gonna be 18 times that I wait and think what does this mean for me? So do I gain superpowers by been 17 or do I become more handsome each year? Anyway enough with the jokes (so crap).....:redface: I'm gonna be 18 tommorrow.

Now i question myself: Have I done anything worthful in these 18 years? what Successful points have i gained? I start to recall Fun times as well as regrets...
Maybe I'm just weird...I'm i the only who takes his birthday this seriously?I don't even celebrate them jheez.:colondollar:

This is what 've learned and achieved over the years:

1. That horrible moment or situation is temporary!! Yes it always is no matter how hard you messed up or how bad you feel it will end at some point. I'm grateful to God that at least I'm alive, healthy and in "relatively safe area".

2.Friends come and go!! This is the reality of life, I mean I don't think there's any of you who speaks to his 1000 of friends in Facebook, do you? I reckon maybe you see 50 occasionally, and speak to 10 regularly and only trust 3 people ..."There's no point in building bricks without a base in friendship when it doesn't lead to anywhere, and that's when you can recognize fake friends. If you know its worth it, then make it grow!

3. Whatever, you thought would be great to do.... do it now!! Seriously if you thought about an innovative idea, take action! Waiting will only make you regret. This year I've learned how to play guitar, skateboard and do frontflips!! Get active!! Toss that lazy ass attitude somewhere else

4.Dating at this age is only for sex!! It's the truth, I'm sorry but sometimes you gotta lay things down, at 14 your never gonna find your true love and at 16 you know you just wanna spend time for fun that's it!!
Literally getting all grumpy because of breakups and cheating at this age is stupid! what did you expect? You know that you won't marry that person in the next 5 years so why even bother?

5.Career? Do you expect me to know what I'm gonna do in 10 years? I'm so confused to do know what to do seriously, I feel like we all follow this system because everyone do so. All I know is that whatever choice I take is up to me and no one else.

This 1% of the few things I've learned in the past 6570 days...

Now, the question is what advice do you have for my next transformation(18 year old)? I need help with deciding my career choice, building a social life and everything else.

Thank you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chazeyourself

Now, the question is what advice do you have for my next transformation(18 year old)? I need help with deciding my career choice, building a social life and everything else.

Thank you

Adulthood doesn't mean you'll magically know everything. If anything, being confused all the time becomes somewhat normal:redface:

Regarding career choice, just remember what ever you choose to do now will not be the "be all end all" choice. It's okay to explore and find out what suits you. Research all your options, especially when choosing whether you want to go to university or not. I always regret going straight to Uni at 18. It works for some people but sometimes a bit of a break can make a big difference.

Happy Birthday, and remember to drink responsibly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you're one year closer to death today
Original post by macsalaama
Adulthood doesn't mean you'll magically know everything. If anything, being confused all the time becomes somewhat normal:redface:

Regarding career choice, just remember whatever you choose to do now will not be the "be all end all" choice. It's okay to explore and find out what suits you. Research all your options, especially when choosing whether you want to go to university or not. I always regret going straight to Uni at 18. It works for some people but sometimes a bit of a break can make a big difference.

Happy Birthday, and remember to drink responsibly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! The thing is now I don't know whether it would best to go to college for 2 more years or follow my offer for adult nursing April 2017.I know I'm not gonna be a nurse forever, but at least I get a gap year now...Yet with college I get more time to think about my choiceP.s: I've been able to avoid alcohol completely until now!! Im gonna write that down in my list of accomplishments! ..
Original post by sfaraj

I believe in resurrection so, piss out man! This world will end some day and then paradise will come here...hahahah:biggrin:
I believe in resurrection so, piss out man! This world will end some day and then paradise will come here...hahahah:biggrin:

resurrection? thats after death and doesnt mean you wont die!swear you resurrect at the end of the world where bodies are raised from the graves

Spoiler

Thank you! The thing is now I don't know whether it would best to go to college for 2 more years or follow my offer for adult nursing April 2017.I know I'm not gonna be a nurse forever, but at least I get a gap year now...Yet with college I get more time to think about my choiceP.s: I've been able to avoid alcohol completely until now!! Im gonna write that down in my list of accomplishments! ..

No problemo
Nursing is no easy feat. You know yourself better than anyone but if you're sure you're up for the task then go for it. Just don't do it half-heatedly :wink: .
At least you have a year to think about it, if you change you're mind then that's totally fine too.

If you don't mind me asking, if you choose to go to college for 2 years have you thought of what you want to study ?

Well done :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am sorry to hear that ...

Enjoy life while you're young! :shakecane: but you see that from point 3.

Have fun! :cake:
Original post by SeanFM
I am sorry to hear that ...

Enjoy life while you're young! :shakecane: but you see that from point 3.

Have fun! :cake:

Muchas gracias!!
Original post by macsalaama
No problemo
Nursing is no easy feat. You know yourself better than anyone but if you're sure you're up for the task then go for it. Just don't do it half-heatedly :wink: .
At least you have a year to think about it, if you change you're mind then that's totally fine too.

If you don't mind me asking, if you choose to go to college for 2 years have you thought of what you want to study ?

Well done :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean ive thought about continuing science by taking chemistry and another support subject like sociology but I don't know Im a very versatile person and there's no subject that not interesting. Depends on what I get for biology this year. I took a level Spanish and btec business & Ict as well
If not then I'll go for humanities or business...
Reply 10
Happy Birthday and congratulations, you are eligible to vote Leave on June 23rd!
Original post by sfaraj

More like a day closer but that's not my business :bhangra:
Congrats, you're officially ****ed for the rest of your life.

Wish you all the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending