The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Do you think I will get away with writing "sixtet" instead of sextet on the NMR question?
Can anyone remember the acid hydrolysis question with hcl?
Original post by NervousBoy
That's an 18 carbon skeletal carbon chain? It was C17

It was 18 C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sahil_

Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that NH3+ and COOH were formed after the hydrolysis.
Right people honestly opinions of grade boundaries for an A after seeing the marks that people have dropped I don't think people now think it was as easy as they first thought, so grade boundaries and honest opinions? It's not going to be over 50 because Jan 2013 was easier than today.
Original post by Jackiee98
Can anyone remember what mass they got for the yield question?

Original post by lukemurp890
Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that NH3+ and COOH were formed after the hydrolysis.

No like what the actual molecule being hydrolysed was, I am trying to remember if I put that as my answer
Reply 2427
Just checked for questions with reagents and conditions on for diazotisation, June 2013 in the markscheme says specifically to allow conc HCl but do not allow conc H2SO4 woooo
Original post by Sahil_

i got stuck at this question thinking would the hydrolysis ever happen with dilute HCl. still ended up wrong writing NH2 instead of NH3+ lol :/
Original post by ATP123
Just checked for questions with reagents and conditions on for diazotisation, June 2013 in the markscheme says specifically to allow conc HCl but do not allow conc H2SO4 woooo

? you cannot perform the reaction with conc HCl
Reply 2430
Original post by lai812matthew
? you cannot perform the reaction with conc HCl

And June 2015 paper says to ignore any reference to concentration so idk
Original post by ATP123

I honestly love you right now
@ChemistryALevel on twitter says grade boundary prediction is 50 :/
noo i forgot to mention HCl... just left it as HNo2 ... y oh y
Is the Anyone that can remember questions and write them? And then we can find out the answers.
I wrote HNO2 or NaNO2+HCl so basically that's contradiction great lost one more stupid mark :smile:))
Reply 2436
Original post by yoda123
@ChemistryALevel on twitter says grade boundary prediction is 50 :/

I really hope that it isnt that high coz i made so many stupid mistakes.
Original post by four4
I really hope that it isnt that high coz i made so many stupid mistakes.

me too, i honestly feel like **** right now
Original post by yoda123
me too, i honestly feel like **** right now

same :/ I worked so hard and all that came up were bloody structure drawing questions
Did you HAVE to include the Cl- ion on the NH3+ group for the acid hydrolysis question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending