The Student Room Group

ICT AQA - AS Info 1 & 2 - 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iscodisco
A consequence is an effect of something be it negative or positive. For example in the june 2011 info 2 paper question 5c there was a question on consequences of playing computer games on individuals and society and the mark scheme answer has both postives and negatives :

http://computing.beauchamps.essex.sch.uk/uploads/7/3/3/5/73350773/mark_scheme_jun_2011.pdf

Yeah that was the last essay, thank god that was easy ! I did more disadvantages, tailoring my thesis statement in the outro the disadvantages and threats. Then to show a counterpoint I did do an advantage/positive that social media has allowed friends and family to stay in touch, if there are factors preventing them from meeting real life (financial health etc). Another was talking about the orlando club shooting and how social media allowed those that were injured to contact family, how GoFundMe pages were created allowing friends and family to share and donate. Every point I made I made sure to link it to the question.
Original post by mahesh114
Yeah that was the last essay, thank god that was easy ! I did more disadvantages, tailoring my thesis statement in the outro the disadvantages and threats. Then to show a counterpoint I did do an advantage/positive that social media has allowed friends and family to stay in touch, if there are factors preventing them from meeting real life (financial health etc). Another was talking about the orlando club shooting and how social media allowed those that were injured to contact family, how GoFundMe pages were created allowing friends and family to share and donate. Every point I made I made sure to link it to the question.

Yeah I was saying that you need to mention both advantages and disadvantages for the 20 mark question. Did you really discuss the orlando shooting? That seems very up to date i didnt even consider that. I wrote about four pages for that question as I had around 32 minutes left. I wrote about how social networking sites allow people to keep in contact with friends and family also (relating it to senior citizens who may not be able to physically meet people). Also i discussed the cost side of them as if you have internet access you can use these sites for free. I also mentioned: specific advertising by organisations, cyberbullying, identity theft, university/ work seeing inapporpriate messages, and some other points. I concluded with a summary which added something extra as there was not a statement to agree/disagree with as such.
Original post by mahesh114

yeahhh, but you move so moist
Original post by Sajjjid
yeahhh, but you move so moist

Moist?
Original post by Iscodisco
Yeah I was saying that you need to mention both advantages and disadvantages for the 20 mark question. Did you really discuss the orlando shooting? That seems very up to date i didnt even consider that. I wrote about four pages for that question as I had around 32 minutes left. I wrote about how social networking sites allow people to keep in contact with friends and family also (relating it to senior citizens who may not be able to physically meet people). Also i discussed the cost side of them as if you have internet access you can use these sites for free. I also mentioned: specific advertising by organisations, cyberbullying, identity theft, university/ work seeing inapporpriate messages, and some other points. I concluded with a summary which added something extra as there was not a statement to agree/disagree with as such.

Yeah I guess since ALOT of social media worked around that topic, and people that were involved USED social media, hey maybe they will respect that use of example.For the essay I wrote around 3 pages, nearly the full 4. I said the same about keeping in contact, nothing about cost, i did cyberbullying identity theft, Uni/work didnt do but good call I like that example. If I had to give my self a mark out of 20, at worst I got 12. Wbu?
Reply 165
To those moving to A2 ICT, I got an A for info4 62 UMS which was moderated by AQA. I am willing to sell this for a reasonable price, please DM me for more information I also have zigzag resources for INFO3. I have proof of results sheet if needed.
I got 67/80 for info 4 (A grade) and got an A overall. I have all zig zag resources also and spent well over £200 on zig zag resources but I cant sell you anything I thought I would just boast lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending