The Student Room Group

Muslims: Would you marry a non muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I feel that this thread only paints half the picture here.

It would also be good to know how many non-Muslims would also marry a Muslim, and if conversion is a requirement, if they would still proceed with the marriage
Never. Ever.
No. It is against the teachings of Islam.
Reply 83
Original post by HAnwar
No because it's not allowed for a woman to do so and her marriage will be void.
Any Muslim woman knows that.

This. And I would want an arranged marriage anyways (of which ofcourse I will give my approval) if I was to get married InshaAllah as I find it the safest option where my parents can also agree. Hence, this will not even be applicable to me.
Reply 84
Original post by ZAYN.
All these girls saying they would, but from an Islamic perspective they're not allowed to. Only muslim men are allowed to marry people of the book (ie. Christians or Jews). Muslim women are supposed to marry Muslim men.

Spoiler

Agree. :smile: and congrats for the rhyme. :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by h333
This. And I would want an arranged marriage anyways (of which ofcourse I will give my approval) if I was to get married InshaAllah as I find it the safest option where my parents can also agree. Hence, this will not even be applicable to me.

Yeah same here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah same here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five: :flutter:
Reply 87
Sigh, people who fail to read a science book...
Original post by Anonymous
Would you marry a non muslim if you loved them? And I mean if you truly loved them; you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. Not just mere infatuation or lust.

Also what would you think if the non muslim wanted to raise your kids as muslims but was not one themselves?

I think that if you truly love someone, you should be able to be together, no matter what.

No rude comments which are offensive please. Also nobody try to start a fight. I am just curious to know about this.

Thank you in advance!:smile:

This is hard to explain, so let me try.

I'm in love with a non-muslim, and yes, I would definitely spend the rest of my life with that person.
However, since the rules say that a muslim woman cannot marry a non-muslim man, then it would be difficult. I would just wait and let him convert to Islam. If he doesn't, then I'll be sad I guess.

For your second question, I disagree. He should at least be muslim according to the rules. I can say it's fair, but I'm kinda strict and striving to be a better muslim.

I agree with your statement. I have some negative comments from my relatives about this. I'm trying hard to put my trust in God and make it work.
no, i think personally for me it may be a little difficult to get along, i know @30.10.12 has got an adorable relationship but i mean, i dont really date :colondollar: and i think my hijab may be offputting
Original post by Purplexcite
No. It is against the teachings of Islam.

who told you that lol
Original post by Anonymous
Would you marry a non muslim if you loved them? And I mean if you truly loved them; you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. Not just mere infatuation or lust.

Also what would you think if the non muslim wanted to raise your kids as muslims but was not one themselves?

I think that if you truly love someone, you should be able to be together, no matter what.

No rude comments which are offensive please. Also nobody try to start a fight. I am just curious to know about this.

Thank you in advance!:smile:

This world is going to end and so are going to end the worldly loves. A Muslim's real love is Allah and He does not allow a woman to marry someone who is not Muslim, while a man can marry a Christian or Jew girl. Why am I going to destroy my life after death, for the worldly loves. A true Muslim can never marry someone who is not Muslim so my answer will always be no.
Original post by Mariyam Ali
This world is going to end and so are going to end the worldly loves. A Muslim's real love is Allah and He does not allow a woman to marry someone who is not Muslim, while a man can marry a Christian or Jew girl. Why am I going to destroy my life after death, for the worldly loves. A true Muslim can never marry someone who is not Muslim so my answer will always be no.

screaming. 'true muslim' it is permitted,
the quran even encourages religious pluralism so it is fine to get married to a christian or jew
'And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.'
Surah Al-Ma'idah [5:47]

END OF
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alisa59
This is hard to explain, so let me try.

I'm in love with a non-muslim, and yes, I would definitely spend the rest of my life with that person.
However, since the rules say that a muslim woman cannot marry a non-muslim man, then it would be difficult. I would just wait and let him convert to Islam. If he doesn't, then I'll be sad I guess.

For your second question, I disagree. He should at least be muslim according to the rules. I can say it's fair, but I'm kinda strict and striving to be a better muslim.

I agree with your statement. I have some negative comments from my relatives about this. I'm trying hard to put my trust in God and make it work.

They enjoin evil, and forbid what is just, and are close with their hands. They have forgotten God; so He hath forgotten them. Verily the Hypocrites are rebellious and perverse. (The Noble Quran, 9:67)"how are u being better muslim when ur with non muslim? please explain like we say want to be one or drop it all together stop trying to confuse other people

JUST BE HONEST AND NEXT THING U WILL BE SAYING ISIS ARE MUSLIM IDIOT

isis reading namaz

ur like this girl i know she was in same situation as u she finally admitted shes an atheist but does not matter as she from raja clan
Yes i would - currently with a non-muslim now and id marry them.
I've actually recently left the faith but my mum's family are still very much into it, but mum and stuff knows that my boyfriend at the moment is a non-muslim (he actually comes from a catholic family but hes a non-believer too!) yes, i would marry a non-muslim. Would my maternal grandmother be happy? No. Do i give a rats arse? No.
My mum is a muslim and married a white guy, without her mothers consent. believe it or not, its your life and your choice as to who you love and marry. not your parents, they made their decision regarding that long ago. end of really
Original post by theBranicAc
stormzy enit

what we doin 2day?
Original post by ZAYN.
All these girls saying they would, but from an Islamic perspective they're not allowed to. Only muslim men are allowed to marry people of the book (ie. Christians or Jews). Muslim women are supposed to marry Muslim men.

Spoiler

Islam is peaceful and tolerant, these rules applied to a different era when Islam was in danger, now Islam is safe Muslims are free to pursue love and happiness.
would be open to it
I'm a Muslim girl who has been asked out by non Muslim guys. I don't really like to lead then on because of our differences which is something that is important to me. I want to spend my life with someone who shares the same view as me and can connect with me. Also I look at the bigger picture and I am quite realistic, if I can envision that I won't work out then I wouldn't hang around with them because I don't want to catch feelings for them and you know nothing will happen out of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending